Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No match thread?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 193 Guests

No match thread?

This thread currently has 8,729 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Belfast Town
March 24, 2013, 5:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,693
Gold Stars: 19
Amazing that the only goals scored against us in the whole competition came from penalties!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
nightrider
March 24, 2013, 5:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Poor performance Town. Need a massive improvement to make the playoffs

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
grimsbyjack
March 24, 2013, 5:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +15
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Bottom line is Wrexham deserve it, better footballing side all round.

Agree.

Macca my Town MOM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
cmackenzie4
March 24, 2013, 5:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Pearson had a good game but Mckeowen MOM for me, Just hope town can pick themselves up ready for the league now,Starting this week.

UTM

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
cmackenzie4
March 24, 2013, 5:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Gutted, but well done to Wrexham, there is no doubting they are a good team.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
ginnywings
March 24, 2013, 5:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Typical p1ss poor Town performance.

Totally and utterly outplayed and outfootballed. We could have won that if we hadn't done what we always do and drop deeper and deeper. Bringing Brodie on was a massive mistake. He was pathetic.

Have to say that the Gogs deserved to win and i can't believe they made such hard work of it. Well done Mckeown for keeping us in it for 120 mins.

Our footballing technique is shockingly bad in everything we do, including poor penalties.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
carrot top
March 24, 2013, 5:59pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Hope the Managers have learnt from this today in that it is not enough to have just 2 in the middle of the park. As AB said at 451 we looked better. No wonder the players were tired its hard worked chasing the ball

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
Wrexham FC COYR
March 24, 2013, 5:59pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from acko338
Had to work so my view is the Welsh biased commentary on S4C..... but Wrexham to be fair are the players who are winning every half chance ball, our midfield is being mainly bossed by better passers.

Thomas seems to have lost all his early season pace and attacking flair.

When we try to pass the ball on the ground, we cause trouble, but it's long ball mostly.

McKeown is our MOM by a mile - kept us in the game several times.

Our pass accuracy is atrocious, not giving the forwards even half a chance of catching up with the ball.

Pluses - Frankie Artus and Andy Cook - two good performances !

We're now looking jaded and tired towards the end of this first extra time period.

Their players on the left wing are roasting us !

Fingers crossed but they look far better set out than us at present !

Unlucky guys.. even tho u lost..   i hope your fans allenjoyed there day. and have a safe trip home. but  i think it would take a blind man or somebody seriously deluded to deny that the best team by far on the day won..  i think the way we  played we deserved to win.. and  you guys was lucky to take it to 90 mins let alone pens... your goal keeper had a stormer of a game and if not for him woulda been over long before.

gl for the rest of the season.. would be great to see you promoted with us  if we go up..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
cmackenzie4
March 24, 2013, 6:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Glad this match is over with if I'm honest, can hopefully cement our place in the playoffs now, but we have a lot of work to do because lets face it teams like Kidderminster and Wrexham are miles in front of us in terms of football ability.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
Badger57
March 24, 2013, 6:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
If not for Macca it would have been a cricket score. He was awesome. Unfortunately that non performance was a microcosm of the macrocosm that has been our season. Lacking any real activity in midfield, resolute defence, playing too deep, giving the ball back to opponents cheaply and with monotonous regularity and then relying on the quick break. Our one and only method of play. A method that has been sussed with Shorty and Shouty having no plan B. No lack of effort but plenty of lack of skill and guile. Maybe next year but no way are we good enough to go up this year.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No match thread?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.