Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No match thread?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 155 Guests

No match thread?

This thread currently has 8,727 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
March 24, 2013, 9:06pm
Guest User
Good point I was thinking the same.

Poor choice of pen takers too IMO.
Said to my mate before the pens I wouldn't want Hatton and Brodie.
Suppose you can't be too hard though - anyone can miss a pen and Hatton hit the post.
Reply: 50 - 61
Bigboy
March 24, 2013, 9:09pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +158
Quoted from carrot top
Hope the Managers have learnt from this today in that it is not enough to have just 2 in the middle of the park. As AB said at 451 we looked better. No wonder the players were tired its hard worked chasing the ball

Agreed.  Today the shortcomings in Scott/Hurst tactics were clear to see - nobody in central midfield who can create/control/pass.  Constantly trying to work the ball down the wings with chips forward that usually went out of play or to an opponent. Thought Thanoj made a difference for awhile - he hasn't been given enough chances this season.  Niven is clearly missed - he may have broken up a lot of Wrexham's passing play.  But that's not enough by itself - we lack quality in central midfield.  We are set up to stop other teams playing - and score on the break - but we never pass other teams off the park.
For the rest of the season James Harper on loan would be great.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
GrimRob
March 24, 2013, 9:09pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
I was expecting Devitt to come on all extra time I double checked when I got home to see if we had used 3 subs but we definitely only used 2. No idea why we didn't bring him on as he's a regular penalty taker.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 61
chaos33
March 24, 2013, 9:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Hatton and Brodie have both been penalty takers at their previous clubs to be fair, and, have good records. They will have wanted to take those penalties. I agree though - two of our poorer players today and didn't really feel too hopeful when they both walked up to the spot. Kind of sums up where we're at I guess - good players giving poor accounts of themselves. Struggling to see what positive things the signings of Brodie has done for us, and where this tried and tested, proven Conference goalscorer has disappeared to. This is not making him a scapegoat - he is by no means on his own in provoking this reaction of bemused and angry frustration.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
Codzilla
March 24, 2013, 9:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Quoted from GrimRob
I was expecting Devitt to come on all extra time I double checked when I got home to see if we had used 3 subs but we definitely only used 2. No idea why we didn't bring him on as he's a regular penalty taker.

Was thinking that too. The game was crying out for him even before then. Colbeck offers more defensively but Devitt stretches the defence. I could never see us sitting back and holding on at 1-0
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
GrimRob
March 24, 2013, 9:43pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Codzilla

Was thinking that too. The game was crying out for him even before then. Colbeck offers more defensively but Devitt stretches the defence. I could never see us sitting back and holding on at 1-0

There were about 18 players who had a realistic chance of saying they played in the game and getting a medal. Obviously some would have to miss out but I'm astounded that we didn't use all 14 slots. Even making a substitution with a few seconds to go would have made someone on that bench a lot happier person that he is now.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 61
Tommy
March 25, 2013, 12:34am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 1600
Good point I was thinking the same.

Poor choice of pen takers too IMO.
Said to my mate before the pens I wouldn't want Hatton and Brodie.
Suppose you can't be too hard though - anyone can miss a pen and Hatton hit the post.

Nah, they're a piece of urine.  

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
80sglory
March 25, 2013, 12:36am
Guest User
How did you get on today Tommy ?  
Reply: 57 - 61
Tommy
March 25, 2013, 12:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Scored mate.

We won the half time penalty shoot-out with 3 goals from 3 penalties, and our 'keeper saved one of theirs (they also missed one; 3-1). Shame the pro's couldn't follow suit

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
80sglory
March 25, 2013, 12:53am
Guest User
Well done !
Yeah it's a shame you and the others weren't taking them yourself.  

Out of interest where did you place it ?
Reply: 59 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No match thread?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.