All could have scored tonight,

BUT

All out,

So we have played 2 games and not scored,

BUT

We have not conceded and Not lost,

44 Games to play,

Please do not lose hope yet.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 132
HackneyHaddock
August 12, 2014, 9:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Right then, had we scored one goal, we'd all be saying how we dominated a game with our reserves and never looked in danger.  As it stands, we're not able to but a goal at the moment.

Sometimes, I think managers just need to try something different, something a bit out of the ordinary, something maybe counterintuitive or risky.  I'm afraid that we didn't get that tonight.  It could have been to play Bemrose up front for the last half-hour, or to have started with Winfarrah.  Anything  to just change things up a bit.  Depleted team or not, it didn't happen.

Now onto the main subject that will probably get its own thread shortly....

I'm afraid that I now have to throw in the towel on my continued defence of Lenny's presence in the team.  It's clear that PH only wants him in the team to aim long balls at.  It's not even about Lenny the player, it's about the effect that his presence has on the rest of the team.  As long as he's there, there's always an easy option for players to just hoof it up.  Remove him, and you instantly change the mindset of the rest of the team; getting them to look for short passes into feet, to go past a man, to play with their eyes up and their mind open.   I would love to know what Buckley would do if he were picking the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 132
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 12, 2014, 9:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Yep desperate for some of these players back, nathan arnold is one i'd like to see, ross hannah should go straight back in if connell doesn't score before then, don't want to ruin his confidence again (or play connell and hannah because LJL is crap)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 132
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 12, 2014, 9:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Sometimes, I think managers just need to try something different, something a bit out of the ordinary, something maybe counterintuitive or risky.  I'm afraid that we didn't get that tonight.  It could have been to play Bemrose up front for the last half-hour, or to have started with Winfarrah.  Anything  to just change things up a bit.  Depleted team or not, it didn't happen.

I just don't think paul hurst does risky in any shape or form
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 132
jonnyboy82
August 12, 2014, 9:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from northbankmariner
FFS get off ljl's back will you, as i remember it football is played by teams of 11 players, and you play as a team win lose or draw. So it finished 0-0 but by the sound of it no one stood out tonight, you cannot blame it on one player. Give the lad a break

Err no..

He misses chance after chance after chance and its just getting a bit of a joke now..

He should be taken out of the team now if paul has got any sense or are you in the keep him in the team brigade because he holds the ball up.

He needs to stop being first on the team sheet its not funny anymore.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 132
nightrider
August 12, 2014, 9:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Hackney haddock - finally somebody talking sense regarding ljl
He should never have been signed, let alone played. Nothing positive has come from having john lewis in the team.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 132
jonnyboy82
August 12, 2014, 9:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from nightrider
Hackney haddock - finally somebody talking sense regarding ljl
He should never have been signed, let alone played. Nothing positive has come from having john lewis in the team.

But he works hard.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 132
nightrider
August 12, 2014, 9:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
...and he's abit like emile heskey

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 132
Sigone
August 12, 2014, 10:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Thing is the chances always fall to him, so he is doing something right.  Hes just playing the wrong game, give him an egg shaped ball and elongated goals and he will be a star  .  By the way Connell was hopeless tonight(nothing to work with though)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 132
KingstonMariner
August 12, 2014, 10:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Kymariner12
Sounds like best chance fell to Lenny again but didn't go to the game so can't judge too much. Nevertheless it's 2 clean sheets and our success in the last 2 seasons have been built on a solid defence. It's only the second game so anyone asking for Hurst to be sacked should hold those fears and since he can't use it then I will, we had 9 injuries. Uptm!

To be fair though it's not Paul's 2nd game in charge. Or Lenny's on the pitch.

Avoidance of failure is built on a solid defence. But is built on scoring more goals. If we ever do let one in, you know it's going to be an uphill struggle to win 1 let alone 3 points.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 132
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nuneaton Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.