Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Magnay
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 98 Guests

Magnay

This thread currently has 65,739 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
June 1, 2015, 7:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Good luck to the bloke. Sure he gave his best whilst in a Town shirt so I for one wish him all the best.
He's done what is best for him and his family I'm sure everyone on here would do the same if they wouldn't they are idiots.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 330 - 357
KingstonMariner
June 1, 2015, 8:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Can't blame him for getting the best deal for himself and his career. If staying in/at Grimsby was the only honourable decision none of us exiles and former exiles would have left home.

Having said that, I can't help feeling that, like the Shop, he's taking a bit of a risk.

Good luck Maggers.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 331 - 357
fiveallive
June 1, 2015, 8:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +230
Gold Stars: 5
Gutted came home from work when i found out he's left, been waiting to see if he has signed. I can't blame him moving closer with his family in the north east he will be a tough player to replace with the ease that he had played at RB and LB and could also play CB aswell real diamond of player.

I thought he was the best LB in the league when he played against us for Gateshead, and when he got released i thought we could do with him and PH signed him just a shame he never signed a extra year i know 2 year deals can fail like say a Joe Colbeck or Paddy with no disrespect to them but he's a huge loss.

But his RB position hopefully could be vacated by say Tom Miller if we where able to get him, but we still need cover for LB now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 332 - 357
HertsGTFC
June 1, 2015, 10:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,030
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from jonnyboy82
[img]http://img.humorsharing.com/media/images/1202/i_1352_overcrowded-overloaded-vehicles-017.jpg[/img]

maggers on his way up to Hartlepool milking that car share.

Superb, sad to lose him but time to move on, that's football

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 333 - 357
HertsGTFC
June 1, 2015, 10:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,030
Gold Stars: 232
Actually thinking on he's better than Hartlepool is he "selling himself" short?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 334 - 357
Teestogreen
June 1, 2015, 11:54pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Bit of a strange one this - Carl has performed so well this season that the Town fans have voted him player of the year, and he is so well appreciated.

So to end up at Hartlepool (which to be fair) is a poor club, probably further away from Leeds than Grimsby - best of luck with that - sad for the lad.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 335 - 357
RalphFilthy
June 2, 2015, 12:49am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +27
well he did say the club he was talking to was so much smaller than Grimsby. He's gonna have an interesting time explaining that one away to his new fans.

Whatever happens, I wish him the best, unfortunate interview aside, he seemed to give everything he had to the cause, and you cannot ask more than that really

Bored beyond belief
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 336 - 357
Les Brechin
June 2, 2015, 7:19am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Teestogreen
Bit of a strange one this - Carl has performed so well this season that the Town fans have voted him player of the year, and he is so well appreciated.

So to end up at Hartlepool (which to be fair) is a poor club, probably further away from Leeds than Grimsby - best of luck with that - sad for the lad.

He did say that he was moving back to Durham to be near his family.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 337 - 357
Teestogreen
June 2, 2015, 7:35am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Perhaps Durham City might sign him next season or Spennymoor / Bishop Auckland / West Auckland / Billingham S. If Premier League players thought like this, there would be no one in it.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 338 - 357
Maringer
June 2, 2015, 7:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,698
Gold Stars: 189
It's a no-brainer for him really. Moving back up to be nearer his family, pretty much no commuting involved at all, Durham is a nice area, the Pools are in the Football League and he'll probably be earning more than he would have done here.

Normally, I don't think anybody would do anything but wish him well, but the comments on the radio last week left a bit of a nasty taste for me as it seems to me he was trying to publicly manipulate the club to try and get more money elsewhere.

Don't care about what he does now as, unlike some former players, we'll not be playing against him next season.

Just hope that Hurst can sort us out a replacement as capable as Robertson has been on our left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 339 - 357
36 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Magnay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.