36 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
June 2, 2015, 5:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
Its the badge on the front that's important not the name on the back, hate when these players kiss the badge, clearly means nothing to them really.
Only James and Shaun have shown any loyalty to our club in recent years.

Be interesting to see who has the best average home attendance us or Hartlepool.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 350 - 357
mariner91
June 2, 2015, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Its the badge on the front that's important not the name on the back, hate when these players kiss the badge, clearly means nothing to them really.
Only James and Shaun have shown any loyalty to our club in recent years.

Be interesting to see who has the best average home attendance us or Hartlepool.

Attendances for us and Hartlepool are nearly identical. Disley has been here a long time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 351 - 357
Teestogreen
June 2, 2015, 5:11pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from barralad

I seem to remember something about them being taken over last season. At Christmas they were nailed on relegation favourites yet survived. Perhaps the financial clout of their backers showed through and they will be a force to be reckoned with next season. Magnay is a very good signing for them...

Agree with that.
I suppose that the circumstances in which Carl was signed last August (was it Harrogate Town on the pitch?) and then didn't seem to live any nearer than Leeds allegedly, was probably a pointer to where his heart was.
But, having said that, to put in the sort of season that he did with the Mariners is a credit to him - all the best to Carl.
I have 2 colleagues, who are Hartlepool supporters, and they think they have just got out of jail, considering the 'Poolies' dire league position last Christmas.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 352 - 357
The Yard Dog
June 2, 2015, 5:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from mariner91

Attendances for us and Hartlepool are nearly identical. Disley has been here a long time!

How could I forget Disley, busy skipping between the thefishy and Crowdfunder
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 353 - 357
rancido
June 2, 2015, 7:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,611
Gold Stars: 96
He's obviously made what he thinks is the best decision for his family and his future. Nobody should slate him for that as we all would have done that in the same circumstances. He certainly will be missed but is not irreplaceable. The aspect of his game that is hard to replace is his versatility. Any player who can play both left and right back is of great benefit to any team whatever level and that is the bit that could prove difficult to replace. Good luck for the future Maggers and thanx for a good season.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 354 - 357
chaos33
June 2, 2015, 8:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,970
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from rancido
He's obviously made what he thinks is the best decision for his family and his future. Nobody should slate him for that as we all would have done that in the same circumstances. He certainly will be missed but is not irreplaceable. The aspect of his game that is hard to replace is his versatility. Any player who can play both left and right back is of great benefit to any team whatever level and that is the bit that could prove difficult to replace. Good luck for the future Maggers and thanx for a good season.

I agree with that. I think he has other qualities which we need to try to re-establish (won't be easy) - composure, concentration and massive enthusiasm. As you say; not irreplaceable but will be a hard act to follow. A great pro in my opinion.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 355 - 357
MuddyWaters
June 2, 2015, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
[quote=3898]

I agree with that. I think he has other qualities which we need to try to re-establish (won't be easy) - composure, concentration and massive enthusiasm. As you say; not irreplaceable but will be a hard act to follow. [b][A great pro in my opinion.[b]quote]

A great pro would not have negotiated through Radio Dull. But what is done is done.
Private Message
Reply: 356 - 357
chaos33
June 2, 2015, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,970
Gold Stars: 360
Well that's your view, it's not fact. I don't see it that way. I think he was just giving an honest insight. He wasn't interested in signing for Town in the end, so if his plan was to negotiate, he didn't pull it off.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 357 - 357
36 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Magnay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.