Garth
August 31, 2015, 7:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from 75

Agree, in my opinion he is the best keeper in this woeful league, but meningitus is a very serious illness. I wonder if he came back too soon, even if he is now feeling fit, he wasn't right earlier and his confidence is shot. PH will know Jame's character, I would take him out of the firing line by loaning an experienced keeper for a month, giving James a couple of weeks off, grab a flight somewhere cheap n warm and come back ready.

McKeown has plenty of credit in the bank, he's been superb for us though he has flaws in his game, no doubt he could have moved on so we owe him patience. But for his own good, give him a break.

No need for another keeper just now, we have an experienced keeper on the books ie Warrington who played well in all the pre season games, let him have the next six games and rest Macca untill he gets his enthusiasm and confidence back, could well say the same about Hurst and let Doig pick and manage, we can`t do no worse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
barralad
August 31, 2015, 7:44pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Tea bag seats
Agreed. Operation FU@K UP more like. I want my money back. I was so full of optimisim at the start, it felt great to say I was a Town fan and once again I felt proud and looked forward to a great season ahead.  Paul as well and truely blwn that.

Did you pledge for the black and white dummy? Have you lost it?  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
barralad
August 31, 2015, 7:48pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from grimsby pete
When I was young I worked on a building site all week,

Played football on Saturday and Sunday even 2 games in midweek if behind with our fixtures at the tail end of the season,

I never once felt tired or felt I needed a rest,

Apart from having a break from work that is

I worked 25 hours a day on Number One Fish Dock, got up half an hour before I went to bed and when I got home at night (not in the least bit tired mind!) my dad killed me and cut me in two with the bread knife...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
ginnywings
August 31, 2015, 7:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

I worked 25 hours a day on Number One Fish Dock, got up half an hour before I went to bed and when I got home at night (not in the least bit tired mind!) my dad killed me and cut me in two with the bread knife...

Monty Python fan?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
grimsby pete
August 31, 2015, 7:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,823
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from barralad

But did you ask for a break ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
ginnywings
August 31, 2015, 7:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Or was it Pete and Dud.............or both?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
MarinerGaz
August 31, 2015, 7:58pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +399
I think it is possible that the GK situation has been a consequence of PH decisions. JM was brought back too early after illness preseason and made a mistake in his first game back when he didn't seem to be ready, that appears to have affected his confidence (and that of others)...goals in most games so far have been (partly) attributable to poor keeping, mostly from crosses; even with some vulnerability in the air the performances have been substandard / out of character and there is now a clear weakness that is also affecting the rest of the defence / team. The Kiddy and Alty results set the tone for what has happened in the more recent games where there has been an air of inevitability that we won't beat inferior teams. I did think that the team looked tired and needed a change at / after Alty, but options were limited at that time with the injuries. Since then, (not all but) a number of changes have been a little strange, and consequently PH has put himself under pressure.

I've lost some respect for PH following the interview tonight, there didn't appear to be any real showing of responsibility. The fans respect the quality and attitude of the players throughout the squad, but the changes should have been targeted on weaknesses rather than wholesale, particularly with the concerning league development. Additionally, we could have given the younger players more experience when we were coasting in the first home games, it doesn't look likely that they will get a run out from here. We haven't had a great deal of luck (fitness & decisions from officials), but most of the time you make your own luck. I really hope we turn things around starting from Saturday, I'm just finding it harder and harder to believe we can. For that to happen, PH needs to realise and declare his mistakes, sort out whatever is currently wrong with JM, and pick his best tactical (not necessarily the same) starting 11 going forward. I'm not fully convinced that PH has the strength to do this but I hope I am wrong. I do believe we have (generally) the right squad though, and don't want things to deteriorate any further. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
barralad
August 31, 2015, 8:01pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from ginnywings

Monty Python fan?

You really DO have to be a certain age..Quite Correct. The Four Yorkshiremen Sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
Mariner_09
August 31, 2015, 10:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Hold on, we will be ok. McKeown's form will improve and so will ours, keep calm.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
moosey_club
August 31, 2015, 11:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,289
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mariner_09
Hold on, we will be ok. McKeown's form will improve and so will ours, keep calm.

it cant get worse can it?!?
Very close to gifting them two goals today, the one he did and the dallying on the ball which ricocheted off their striker...he has cost us more points this season so far than he has earned us.
Questions are..
do we have a viable alternative right now?
Should we get one?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Taxi For Hurst & McKeown

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.