Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Taxi For Hurst & McKeown
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 98 Guests

Taxi For Hurst & McKeown

This thread currently has 6,882 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
September 1, 2015, 7:28am
Guest User
Okay, in the cold light of day, I am still furious. McKeown is an issue at the moment, but what about the rest of the team yesterday? Very few of the players come out of it with any credit so let's not scapegoat the keeper.
Reply: 30 - 39
DocTower
September 1, 2015, 7:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from moosey_club

it cant get worse can it?!?
Very close to gifting them two goals today, the one he did and the dallying on the ball which ricocheted off their striker...he has cost us more points this season so far than he has earned us.
Questions are..
do we have a viable alternative right now?
Should we get one?  

Again , I'm  feeling better , however had to rely on radio . I don't know if it was worse listening to it or watching it .

It's been an on going problem with McKeown  ,  the friend I used to watch with was, as I have said before , was an ex Derby County keeper in the late 60 ' s  . His comments still ring in my ears , if Wynne could see the faults over a couple of games I'm very sure others could too .
It's not that he's a bad keeper , he's just gone stale . Should we get someone in ? Should we have GOT someone in . Hindsight is a wonderful thing , but too late afterwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
DocTower
September 1, 2015, 7:43am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from 75
Okay, in the cold light of day, I am still furious. McKeown is an issue at the moment, but what about the rest of the team yesterday? Very few of the players come out of it with any credit so let's not scapegoat the keeper.

Morning BP , Are we as fans putting too much pressure on the team ? The chopping and changing of the squad put pressure on those picked , those not pick must be frustrated . We don't know what the team talks are like but listening to PH on the radio I don't think they would be very motivational  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
September 1, 2015, 8:24am
Guest User
Quoted from DocTower

Morning BP , Are we as fans putting too much pressure on the team ? The chopping and changing of the squad put pressure on those picked , those not pick must be frustrated . We don't know what the team talks are like but listening to PH on the radio I don't think they would be very motivational  .

I really don't think the fans can be blamed at all. Our fans have been absolutely incredible IMO. Let's be honest, there is pressure playing for Grimsby in this league and it must weigh heavily on the players shoulders. But in general, we are very supportive, travel in huge numbers and get behind the players. Anyone who signs for Town knows the expectations. They shouldn't need PH motivating them to give their all, I've no idea what he is like behind closed doors but I suspect one or two of us would be surprised. I don't know what's gone so wrong so early. But I don't think it is too early for panic stations either. I am panicking and you should too!!
Reply: 33 - 39
1mickylyons
September 1, 2015, 8:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 75

I really don't think the fans can be blamed at all. Our fans have been absolutely incredible IMO. Let's be honest, there is pressure playing for Grimsby in this league and it must weigh heavily on the players shoulders. But in general, we are very supportive, travel in huge numbers and get behind the players. Anyone who signs for Town knows the expectations. They shouldn't need PH motivating them to give their all, I've no idea what he is like behind closed doors but I suspect one or two of us would be surprised. I don't know what's gone so wrong so early. But I don't think it is too early for panic stations either. I am panicking and you should too!!

The fans have stuck with it but a noticeable change yesterday AFTER the game even from some of our more balanced supporters.The feeling is that of massive disappointment and given the relative easy looking fixtures so far is there any wonder? My biggest fear with PH in charge is the team being motivated from a poor start he seldom seems capable of getting the team to come from behind and win. I hope they have a meeting today and PH should be asked to answer for the poor start if the board don't agree with him or feel he has had enough then lets give someone else a chance it cant be any worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
DocTower
September 1, 2015, 8:55am
Cocktail Drinker
In AB's  last tender of Grimsby how many games did he last before he was released from his job .I know it was early in the season .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
Les Brechin
September 1, 2015, 9:03am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from DocTower
In AB's  last tender of Grimsby how many games did he last before he was released from his job .I know it was early in the season .

Buckley was sacked on the 15th September 2008 the last time. You maybe thinking about his 2nd spell in charge though when he was sacked after only 2 games.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
the driver
September 1, 2015, 9:29am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
Just a thought has Hurst lost the dressing room with all this chopping and changing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
dapperz fun pub
September 1, 2015, 9:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,022
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from the driver
Just a thought has Hurst lost the dressing room with all this chopping and changing

Probably not cos most are getting game time it's the fans he's loosing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
DocTower
September 1, 2015, 12:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

Buckley was sacked on the 15th September 2008 the last time. You maybe thinking about his 2nd spell in charge though when he was sacked after only 2 games.

I knew it was early , sort of down hill big style from then .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Taxi For Hurst & McKeown

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.