moosey_club
January 30, 2016, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GrimExile
We've had some pretty bad luck what with FGR and to a lesser degree Cheltenham winning recently with 93rd minute goals but we have to support the team, we have to believe. UTMM.

Can you say its either  bad or good luck , depending on perspective,  when it keeps happening? The harder you work the luckier you get as they say.
Did we do enough both effort and tactically wise to win...obviously not.....whereas they have done.

Second half it sounded as though we equalled up the effort, but to win the game we had to beat their effort and beat their tactics. We did neither in reality.

Amond a dead leg according to Hurst and dosent expect him to miss any games.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 188
Mariner_09
January 30, 2016, 5:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
I'd like to make 3 points. 1, we didn't play badly at all. The conditions were awful and wind is a leveller, it certainly effected us more than it did them. 2, everyone slagging Hurst off for playing Nolan over Clay. I say this. Nolan was definitely our best player in the second half, he pinged it around nicely, drove forward well and got as close as anyone did in terms of scoring. 3, there is still plenty of football to be played, we aren't completely out of it, it's a tough ask but not impossible, we now absolutely have to go to both FGR and Cheltenham and win. Keep the faith everyone!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 188
pontoonlew
January 30, 2016, 5:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from GrimExile
I just cannot understand people being so negative after one defeat and one draw in 10 games. As for Hurst out, how pathetic is that? Who will you replace him with? Sir Alex? We're in the Conference and in my opinion have the best manager possible at our level. We've had some pretty bad luck what with FGR and to a lesser degree Cheltenham winning recently with 93rd minute goals but we have to support the team, we have to believe. UTMM.

Look I don't want to be negative because we've done too well lately but Hurst isn't the best manager possible at our level. You may not like that but it's simply not true. I'm not asking for him out for one second, but he's had a bloody good budget for years and managers are still rebuilding and surpassing him quicker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 188
Maringer
January 30, 2016, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,649
Gold Stars: 189
Regarding Nolan, from the little I've seen of him (his sub appearance last week), he looks to have a lot more pace than any of our other central midfielders. That's the one thing we've been badly lacking so I can understand why he might be preferred to Clay.

As for the result, hate to say it but I think we just lack that certain extra thing you need to be champions. Cheltenham and now FGR seem to pull it out of the bag most of the time when required, but we don't seem to get the results when our performances have been below-par. Just not quite good enough in most areas of the field, unfortunately.

I'm not saying it is impossible for us to go on another fantastic run of form but the results against Cheltenham, Guiseley and now Gateshead were all worse than they needed to be. One goal either way in each game would have seen us with another 4 points now but we're just not quite there. It's bloody difficult to win any league, however. Bear in mind that Buckley, regarded as our best modern manager, didn't come close to winning the league in any of his promotion seasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 188
moosey_club
January 30, 2016, 6:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Maringer
Bear in mind that Buckley, regarded as our best modern manager, didn't come close to winning the league in any of his promotion seasons.

He didnt have to as there were more places up for grabs to get promoted.

However with our full first team squad i would be very confident if it comes down to the play off's whereas i havnt been confident in any of our other recent play off or cup final games.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 188
Abdul19
January 30, 2016, 7:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,577
Gold Stars: 218
Awful game, awful performance, awful weather. We got what we deserved.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 188
forza ivano
January 30, 2016, 9:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
We can make excuses, we can gloss over stuff, but the facts remain the same.we drop points when fgr and Cheltenham don't. We get the place we deserve. Play offs look a certainty. Unfortunately disappointment looks likely as well- does anyone really think we can put together 3 tip top performances and ride our luck to get that coveted spot? I am so pisssed off. Really thought at 14.00 last Sunday that it was game on.a week is a long time in football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 188
dapperz fun pub
January 30, 2016, 9:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 84
Like other years we look close but not close enough  for top spot we will finish 2\3 and play off again  then who knows
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 188
HertsGTFC
January 30, 2016, 10:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from moosey_club

He didnt have to as there were more places up for grabs to get promoted.

However with our full first team squad i would be very confident if it comes down to the play off's whereas i havnt been confident in any of our other recent play off or cup final games.

You sure? Shaun apart who was injured that was our first team squad today.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 188
19 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.