Belfast Town
March 4, 2016, 8:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,700
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Tommy
What a horrible, horrible 45 minutes of football.

Bit harsh mate. Both defences on top. But doesn't make it a bad game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 144
acko338
March 4, 2016, 8:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
Defences well on top, McKeown needs to vary his clearances, Hoban unlucky with his shot, hope that the crowd will push us higher in the 2nd half.

A scrappy 1-0 would do me tonight - crap pitch conditions, odd dodgy decisions against Town, plenty of graft, not too much real skill.

Onwards and upwards ! No silly mistakes !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 144
HertsGTFC
March 4, 2016, 8:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Fans are brilliant!!  Noisy, irreverent, profane, anarchic!

I can see Hoban being a decent player in the way Palmer was last season and maybe what we've been missing.  Having Pearson back in the defence seems to have brought things back to basics again with him and Gowling doing the simple things well.

Let's hope we can kick on in the second half!

Good description.........watching at home as I had to cash my tickets in last weekend due to a 2pm meeting in the East End. Town fans sound great ...........shame the commentators won't stop talking and are completely "one eyed".

I hope VGR don't score as if they do Virgo will be kissing their backside something chronic.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 144
Bigdog
March 4, 2016, 8:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
As a team we have lost our way since Xmas. Should be a settled side by March and we are playing like strangers. Ok, new loan signings in but are they significantly better than we've had all season. We've got no midfield at all. Monkhouse, what does he offer. Nolan sharp going forward but all over the place and light defensively. Disley is looking his age. Not made a tackle or pass to his own player all half and not getting up and down the pitch. Defensively sound and right hand side strong. We are playing the long ball because our midfield is not good enough. This is not our best eleven by a long way. Not even sure 4-4-2 is right for the squad we've got or the conditions. Hope we win tonight and get promoted but this does not look like a promotion side that this manager has taken five years to put together. In the pre match interview Hurst said we've had a good season. He just doesn't get it does he? I hope I'm wrong but I think he's out of his depth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 144
Teestogreen
March 4, 2016, 8:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Pearson in charge - leading
McKeown handling well
Tait playing Frear pretty well.
After that - not much really.
There needs to be a shift in gear in the second half.
(FGR  THERE FOR THE TAKING)

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 144
Hagrid
March 4, 2016, 8:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Getting nothing from the ref, fgr getting on top
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 144
HertsGTFC
March 4, 2016, 8:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
We looked like we are getting a bit pinned in...........

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 144
Hagrid
March 4, 2016, 8:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Monkhouse winning headers on the left but no real movement up top- understandable though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 144
HertsGTFC
March 4, 2016, 8:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog
As a team we have lost our way since Xmas. Should be a settled side by March and we are playing like strangers. Ok, new loan signings in but are they significantly better than we've had all season. We've got no midfield at all. Monkhouse, what does he offer. Nolan sharp going forward but all over the place and light defensively. Disley is looking his age. Not made a tackle or pass to his own player all half and not getting up and down the pitch. Defensively sound and right hand side strong. We are playing the long ball because our midfield is not good enough. This is not our best eleven by a long way. Not even sure 4-4-2 is right for the squad we've got or the conditions. Hope we win tonight and get promoted but this does not look like a promotion side that this manager has taken five years to put together. In the pre match interview Hurst said we've had a good season. He just doesn't get it does he? I hope I'm wrong but I think he's out of his depth.

Stay away from the razor blades, high buildings and sleeping tablets............and start supporting the team rather than sounding suicidal whilst we are 0 - 0 away to the side above us.

BTW what is our best 11/shape?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 144
sonofmadeleymariner
March 4, 2016, 9:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
VGR looking more on top this half   we look like we need to settle again midfield is to sparatic in their involment

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.