Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 205 Guests

Ebbsfleet match thread

This thread currently has 16,685 views. Print
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
December 1, 2012, 5:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from shotandcursed

That's bu11shit if you ask me!  I can see us dropping points against Lincol over xmas. . .

Lincoln's potential to be above us is in their own hands. . . Sh1t!

You can see us dropping points against Lincoln but that does not meen it will happen. We are higher than them in the league for a reason, anyway the only game we should be looking at the moment is Gateshead on Tuesday.
Reply: 110 - 132
grimps
December 1, 2012, 5:36pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,123
Gold Stars: 46
The its a good point away from home mentality will be the difference between being champions or taking our chances in the play offs.
We really do have to start going to these places and stuffing them.
In the coming weeks one of these teams is going to start pulling away from the chasers ,If we keep dropping points like that it wont be us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 132
Garth
December 1, 2012, 5:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
An away draw following a difficult physical game mid week is disapointing but OK, I still think we need a goal threat though upfront or midfield
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 132
Devonmatt
December 1, 2012, 6:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Not a full strength team for us.  Difficult game away from home midweek.  GREAT point.  Onwards and upwards town (just the one place for us to move into incase you hadn't noticed!!!!)

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 132
80sglory
December 1, 2012, 6:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimps
The its a good point away from home mentality will be the difference between being champions or taking our chances in the play offs.

Who knows you might be right if fans say they're golddust but didn't sound like it was the case today ?

Sounded like we were doing all we could to get the points ?

Of course there's a risk we might condede on the break but equally we may have won and on this occassion, pushing for the win didn't cost us.
Just we didn't win this time but I was proud of the effort cos it sounded like we did all we could to.

So it's a slight disappointment yes and won't get any easier at Gateshead but it's not for the lack of trying.

We're missing Neilson too and whilst I'm delighted Marshall scored, with Colbeck presumably not 100% (and Soares out for whatever reason), obviously we lacking in numbers today especially on that right of midfield.

So all in all, wouldn't say a point is ever "great", but I'd say a good effort, albeit not the result we all wanted.

I do hope we can keep our players fit and get Neilson back (or someone else if we can't) though.
Reply: 114 - 132
Abdul19
December 1, 2012, 6:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,563
Gold Stars: 216
Away to a team on a good run - a good point.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 132
Devonmatt
December 1, 2012, 6:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from Abdul19
Away to a team on a good run - a good point.

Are we allowed to say that a point is 'good'?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 132
grimsby pete
December 1, 2012, 7:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,798
Gold Stars: 222
A very good game played by both sides,

Listening to radio is not the same as being there,

Ebbsfleet will climb the league on this performance,

Grimsby need to create a few more chances and take them to get back on the top of the league,

All the fans around me said Rankine was gash at Buxton but was a lot better today,

On first viewing of Rankine,  I think he could be an asset.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 132
Dan
December 1, 2012, 7:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from 1600

Who knows you might be right if fans say they're golddust but didn't sound like it was the case today ?

Of course there's a risk we might condede on the break but equally we may have won and on this occassion, pushing for the win didn't cost us.
Just we didn't win this time but I was proud of the effort cos it sounded like we did all we could to.

So it's a slight disappointment yes and won't get any easier at Gateshead but it's not for the lack of trying.

We're missing Neilson too and whilst I'm delighted Marshall scored, with Colbeck presumably not 100% (and Soares out for whatever reason), obviously we lacking in numbers today especially on that right of midfield.

So all in all, wouldn't say a point is ever "great", but I'd say a good effort, albeit not the result we all wanted.

I do hope we can keep our players fit and get Neilson back (or someone else if we can't) though.

Very fair analysis.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 132
barralad
December 2, 2012, 6:30pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from 1600

My view is that that statement isn't necessarily correct. We COULD have done more with some better distribution across the team. Too many times we won the ball only to give it straight back to Ebbsfleet. That will do for starters but we could also have done with providing better service to the "goal threat" we do have i.e. Hannah.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 132
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ebbsfleet match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.