This thread currently has 16,689 views. Print
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
BlackBoots
December 2, 2012, 8:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from barralad

My view is that that statement isn't necessarily correct. We COULD have done more with some better distribution across the team. Too many times we won the ball only to give it straight back to Ebbsfleet. That will do for starters but we could also have done with providing better service to the "goal threat" we do have i.e. Hannah.

Our movement was decent enough yesterday but I agree our distibution or execution of the pass left a lot to be desired at times. Captain Disley was the worst culprit.

There is always a large turnover of possession in the BSP but I think we need to take on more responsibility of delivering more crosses into the danger area and take far more shots at goal. Their keeper yesterday looked a bit dodgy and we should have peppered him with shots.

Rankine in the warm up hammered some stunningly hard shots at goal. Not sure those criticising could have been watching or perhaps he has come with the scapegoat tag!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 132
louth_in_the_south
December 2, 2012, 9:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,689
Gold Stars: 96
The first 20 there was only going to be 3 points heading back to BP . We looked like we could rattle up a 3 or 4 goal win . But for whatever reason we let the foot off the gas and reverted to mid table BSP performance . Marshall looks a good player who well need to keep . He was our only source of danger in the second half but too many crosses put in the box were easy for their lump centre halfs . Hannah needs more through balls or wingers getting past their full backs and putting low balls in . Don't see rankine solving our centre forward problem . Looks a lump but not much else . Could just be he's rusty . Not holding my breath tho . Southwell looked ineffective out wide and think its make or break for him . At the end of the day it's up to him to prove himself when given his opportunity . Don't think he did enough for me yesterday .
By the end of the game we seemed as tho we we desperate and lost our heads in and around their box when we needed a couple of cool heads to pick a ball . This was summed up by rankines pathetic effort in the last minute .

To sum up we really should be beating the likes of ebbsfleet if we're serious about going up . We now have to win a potentially more difficult game up at Gateshead Tuesday night .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 132
aaron rattray
December 2, 2012, 9:34pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Any highlights of this game like last seasons?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 132
chaos33
December 2, 2012, 9:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I think the result was ok, all things considered. For me, the bottom line is not to lose these games - Ebbsfleet away and Gateshead. It's too easy to say 'we should be winning these'. The division is average generally and the top six teams are little more than decent -  we're truly not a great side so we have to be realistic. Staying strong and getting something from Gateshead is the order of the day. For me, the MUST, is that we take 3 points from the home game next Saturday.

If people haven't already spotted them - take a look at Kidderminster. The only reason they're not top 6 is because of heir inordinate amount of draws. They will soon be in contention.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 132
80sglory
December 2, 2012, 9:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

My view is that that statement isn't necessarily correct. We COULD have done more with some better distribution across the team. Too many times we won the ball only to give it straight back to Ebbsfleet. That will do for starters but we could also have done with providing better service to the "goal threat" we do have i.e. Hannah.

Not sure how a question can be ever be incorrect ?

Anyway fair enough but was thinking more of going for all 3 points as opposed to being happy enough to take just the one.  

I've been thinking of this "Would I take a point a Gateshead right now ?" question myself

Think we could lose there tbh but still think I wouldn't cos as we've seen, you can never guarantee a victory in any game even at home.
Reply: 124 - 132
cmackenzie4
December 3, 2012, 10:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from chaos33
I think the result was ok, all things considered. For me, the bottom line is not to lose these games - Ebbsfleet away and Gateshead. It's too easy to say 'we should be winning these'. The division is average generally and the top six teams are little more than decent -  we're truly not a great side so we have to be realistic. Staying strong and getting something from Gateshead is the order of the day. For me, the MUST, is that we take 3 points from the home game next Saturday.

If people haven't already spotted them - take a look at Kidderminster. The only reason they're not top 6 is because of heir inordinate amount of draws. They will soon be in contention.

Agree with this, Good post.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 132
Eufcfan.
December 3, 2012, 11:54am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from aaron rattray
Any highlights of this game like last seasons?

Highlights normally appear on Youtube. myfctuber is the youtube channel so just keep checking there, they should be up this week sometime.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 132
cmackenzie4
December 3, 2012, 12:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Sod the goals, All i will be looking for is Aaron.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 132
aaron rattray
December 3, 2012, 2:56pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Eufcfan.

Highlights normally appear on Youtube. myfctuber is the youtube channel so just keep checking there, they should be up this week sometime.

Thanks

And mackenzie i didn't go, my next away game is boxing day

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 132
cmackenzie4
December 3, 2012, 7:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from aaron rattray

Thanks

And mackenzie i didn't go, my next away game is boxing day

I will be at the game boxing day Aaron,I will look out for you mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 132
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ebbsfleet match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.