Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead v Town  Thread.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 132 Guests

Gateshead v Town  Thread.

This thread currently has 29,133 views. Print
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Cumbrian Mariner
March 26, 2013, 8:33pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +304
Not the most exciting of games so far but, we do sound as though we are getting used to the conditions/pitch now and HOPEFULLY this will breed confidence and get us a goal.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 260
lawsman
March 26, 2013, 8:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
What the f##k with this benile discussion on wether hatton or wood are better than each other it is beginning to p''s me off, can't we concentrate on the game and let people know what is going on in the game.
If you must discuss Hatton or Wood do it somewhere else and not on the match thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 260
Chrisblor
March 26, 2013, 8:35pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,856
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from brad_gtfc

Hatton? Overlap? Are you sure? I've never seen him go past his winger, he just drops deep for the ball. Granted he gives another option but he certainly doesn't overlap and very rarely travels with the ball.

For me, Neither Hatton or Wood are good enough for a side to get out of this league.

Sam Hatton was voted AFC Wimbledon's player of the season in 2010-11 when they were promoted to League Two after winning the Conference Playoff Final. He was also included in the Conference's Team of the Season. This to me suggests he is good enough for a side who wants to get out of this league.

He's not going to try and dribble past anyone (very few full-backs do), but he's often in useful attacking positions in the top half of the pitch, sometimes ahead of whoever is playing right wing for us. This is what I mean when i'm referring to other players covering for him.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 260
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,699
Gold Stars: 72
Yeh i'd say its alot more positive sounding than cambridge and nuneaton were, just could do with cook or hannah to finish one of those opportunities
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 260
AndyGTFC

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Doing alright so far with a young team and a new formation.

Would like to see Marshall come on and go up against Cummins, who is playing out of position at right back and isn't the quickest anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 260
winteringham mariner
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Quoted from lawsman
What the f##k with this benile discussion on wether hatton or wood are better than each other it is beginning to p''s me off, can't we concentrate on the game and let people know what is going on in the game.
If you must discuss Hatton or Wood do it somewhere else and not on the match thread.

Its half time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 260
chaos33
March 26, 2013, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from lawsman

In fact, don't. There are about 43 threads all saying the same sh1t anyway.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 260
Chrisblor
March 26, 2013, 8:36pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,856
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from lawsman

'benile' - is that even a word?

There's intercourse all happening in the game tonight (apart from Southwell and Naylor fluffing a good opportunity), so we may as well have a sensible discussion about the quality of our right backs.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 260
shotandcursed
March 26, 2013, 8:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +19 / -33
Approval: -1
Quoted from lawsman

Benile? That's not even a word!

When you suggest people let you know what is going on in the game, why don't you just listen to radio humberside, no one is posting from the match itself, they're just listening to Tondeur!!!

"Did the mods take this into account, when aaron slobbers all over threads with his garbage and attention seeking posts ( though not always) that when he gets put in his place, he could abuse his position and delete comments and block members- no offence but he's the sort of mammary that would do this. the whole decision is beyond belief imo" Hagrid

"Mi5 has limited resources so like it or not the EDL if it was clever enough would plug the gap." Marinerz93

"twit!" Super Clive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 260
davmariner
March 26, 2013, 8:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from brad_gtfc

Hatton? Overlap? Are you sure? I've never seen him go past his winger, he just drops deep for the ball. Granted he gives another option but he certainly doesn't overlap and very rarely travels with the ball.

For me, Neither Hatton or Wood are good enough for a side to get out of this league.

This. When a winger runs at Hatton then he's copulated. He backs off long enough for either Colbeck to come back and clear up his mess or deep enough for Miller to deal with the player. It's not as if his attacking ability makes up for it. His set pieces aren't fantastic either in my opinion. His free kicks linger for too long in the air which allows defenders and goalkeepers to deal with them. Can anyone remember this especially during the Cambridge game? The fact is that we used to be a threat from set pieces but since Neilson and Pond left we've been excrement at them.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 260
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead v Town  Thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.