Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead v Town  Thread.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 119 Guests

Gateshead v Town  Thread.

This thread currently has 29,140 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
AdamHaddock
March 26, 2013, 9:49pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
As poor as we've been, it's still on. Four point gap over FGR now and two winnable games coming up then a crunch game at Macc. Hopefully we can take a fresh Cook, Hannah, Hearn, Disley and Niven into them.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 260
itsnotcoditshaddock
March 26, 2013, 9:51pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Hopefully Barrow can nick something against Macc tomorrow night....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 260
barralad
March 26, 2013, 9:53pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from RoboCod

A break? People are very quick to point out the downturn in fortunes coincided with Brodie joining, how about LJL? He's added nothing to the forward line, he just seems to add an extra layer of predictability to a very predictable team.
There's plenty of others who need a kick up the ars* to be fair though.

I'm glad you added the last sentence. There are several players who it would appear can do no wrong on here whose form has dipped spectacularly over recent weeks.
Anyone would think that somewhere along the line L J-L has hoodwinked the managers into believing that he is a different player to that on show. I suspect that he is playing as he has done throughout his career. If that isn't enough it isn't his fault. If there is anyone to "blame", and that is debatable, surely the managers have to take some responsibility.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 260
wigworld
March 26, 2013, 9:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Out of necessity, we had a reserve midfield and strike force tonight. Considering that, a draw is an acceptable away result.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 203 - 260
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 26, 2013, 9:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,699
Gold Stars: 72
At least we've got a home game saturday, we can cheer them to a win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 260
bradzmilne
March 26, 2013, 10:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 30
Saturday is now our biggest game in non league history. I'm sure when we win again, will be laughing... Saturday should really be a nailed on 3 points - Dont give me shít about under estimating our opponents its Barrow not Barcelona.
We've thrown too much cash into this promotion charge for it not to work, if it doesnt happen this year i highly doubt it will happen during the next 10 thats if we last that long without being financially crippled.
Lets not get on a downer yet anyhow - the ball is still very much in our court, 4 points clear with 8 to go including games against: Barrow,Stockport,Southport,Dartford & Woking... will be fine... surely?

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 260
brad_gtfc
March 26, 2013, 10:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
With a every much in experienced midfield and forward line and hardly any playing time together I think a draw isn't a bad result. Disappointing to lose a game after going infront though.
We need to get key players back and we definitely need to win on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 260
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 26, 2013, 10:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,699
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from bradzmilne
Saturday is now our biggest game in non league history. I'm sure when we win again, will be laughing... Saturday should really be a nailed on 3 points - Dont give me shít about under estimating our opponents its Barrow not Barcelona.
We've thrown too much cash into this promotion charge for it not to work, if it doesnt happen this year i highly doubt it will happen during the next 10 thats if we last that long without being financially crippled.
Lets not get on a downer yet anyhow - the ball is still very much in our court, 4 points clear with 8 to go including games against: Barrow,Stockport,Southport,Dartford & Woking... will be fine... surely?

Our biggest game in none league was kidderminster a few weeks ago
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 260
RoboCod
March 26, 2013, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from barralad

I'm glad you added the last sentence. There are several players who it would appear can do no wrong on here whose form has dipped spectacularly over recent weeks.
Anyone would think that somewhere along the line L J-L has hoodwinked the managers into believing that he is a different player to that on show. I suspect that he is playing as he has done throughout his career. If that isn't enough it isn't his fault. If there is anyone to "blame", and that is debatable, surely the managers have to take some responsibility.

They surely do. I feel I've been supporting two teams, GTFC 2012 and GTFC 2013. The latter seemingly managed by Scott and Hurst's identical, but inferior brothers. Someone described the team setup, new player signings and selection as 'bitty', this is exactly right. Even the Hearn situation, a 30 minute cameo at home where he looked way below par. Then no more sign of him.  
I really do wonder what caused S&H to do this, perhaps they have reached dizzy heights and unknown territory. Maybe they're still on a high learning curve and they inch the team a little higher each season. But I think we've blown it, hand on heart.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 260
carrot top
March 26, 2013, 10:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Macclesfield have 3 very tough games next, Barrow away, Stockport home (local derby with a lot of County support there) then Wrexham away. All these before they play us. I think we will beat Barrow then get a another away draw at Stockport which will put us on 69 points. If they match that (4 points) they will still be 7 behind and our goal better differrence makes it 8 really. Im working on the Forest Green permations

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 260
27 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead v Town  Thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.