Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead v Town  Thread.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 607 Guests

Gateshead v Town  Thread.

This thread currently has 29,254 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
bradzmilne
March 26, 2013, 11:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from RonMariner
Mansfield have now won ten on the bounce, and Kiddy have won ten out of the last 12, and they are both miles ahead of us on points.  So the only possible attainable target for us now is finishing in a play off place and hoping we get a bit of decent luck in a big match for a change. Anything can happen in the play offs and prior form counts for nothing, ask Luton, or ask Wrexham last year. We would have a 25% chance, and with a fit Liam Hearn we have a chance.

The top four are pulling away so realistically we need to be looking over our shoulder at Macc and FGR. We still have a small points cushion over them, so we just need to match their results. If we win on Saturday we will still be in reasonable shape.

So don't panic.

If we don't win on Saturday, then we can all panic.

Sounds pretty fair to me, I'm sure will do over Barrow on Sautday. Keep the faith!

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 260
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 26, 2013, 11:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Technically, TECHNICALLY, we havn't lost for two games, so hopefully that shows the team have the strength inside to stop that downhill avalanche. Now we just need a striker to step up and score TWO goals, I think cook could do it, we just need to play like we did today really, maybe with more aggression
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 260
olimariner
March 26, 2013, 11:37pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +12
we r not good enough end of...

scott and hurst have had long enough now and not delivered.. 2seasons is a long time mr fenty with no sucesss maybe time for change !?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 260
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 26, 2013, 11:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from olimariner

scott and hurst have had long enough now and not delivered.. 2seasons is a long time mr fenty with no sucesss maybe time for change !?

urine offfffffff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 260
80sglory
March 26, 2013, 11:51pm
Guest User
Technically, TECHNICALLY, we havn't lost for two games

If you ask me, technically we've been robbed of winning the last 2 games.

Reply: 234 - 260
chaos33
March 27, 2013, 12:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
You think we were 'robbed' in the Wrexham game?!?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 260
80sglory
March 27, 2013, 5:01am
Guest User
Never a penalty in my book.
I don't give a toss how many saves Macca was forced to make.
Especially when some like you don't seem to give any credit when WE dominate as we did last night.
Any other day we hold out last 10 mins to lift the Cup.
Reply: 236 - 260
chaos33
March 27, 2013, 7:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Cobblers. Either you're robbed or you aren't. Wrexham deserved to win. We weren't robbed, lets not be silly.
We may well have been robbed last night. Obviously we deserved to win and didn't. I don't know what 'credit' you want me to give and to whom, or why you think I haven't done so, but there you go.
We played well but we wasted a golden opportunity to get three vital points. I feel sorry for the players and fans who put in an enormous amount of effort as they always do. It's just a shame that effort isn't enough on its own.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 260
wycombemariner
March 27, 2013, 7:35am
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
Quoted from olimariner

intercourse off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 260
cmackenzie4
March 27, 2013, 8:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from RonMariner
Mansfield have now won ten on the bounce, and Kiddy have won ten out of the last 12, and they are both miles ahead of us on points.  So the only possible attainable target for us now is finishing in a play off place and hoping we get a bit of decent luck in a big match for a change. Anything can happen in the play offs and prior form counts for nothing, ask Luton, or ask Wrexham last year. We would have a 25% chance, and with a fit Liam Hearn we have a chance.

The top four are pulling away so realistically we need to be looking over our shoulder at Macc and FGR. We still have a small points cushion over them, so we just need to match their results. If we win on Saturday we will still be in reasonable shape.

So don't panic.

If we don't win on Saturday, then we can all panic.

Good post Ron and exactly how i see it too.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 260
27 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead v Town  Thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.