10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
MyDogsThoughts
April 24, 2013, 9:39pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
We aren't out yet: plenty of football before that.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 90
Codswede
April 24, 2013, 9:40pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Wasn't a free-kick. I'm angry at a lot of things right now. Worse performance than at Wembley I reckon, certainly should have been better.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 90
topuphere666
April 24, 2013, 9:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
girl privates on the pitch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 90
northbankmariner
April 24, 2013, 9:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Quoted from Laishers
Grimsby 0-1 Newport, and I'll tell you what: GOOD ON THEM. They deserve it.

Our striking the woodwork and the double-shot at the end of the first half can't disguise what's been a thoroughly AWFUL performance. I absolutely love Town and I'm gutted.

We've become a team who just can't handle pressure. The last day of the season in Division Two, bottling it at Cardiff, losing our way after MK Dons, and even this season with the complete loss of form in the run-up to Wembley... these last ten years have been so, so depressing.

Sorry for the rant guys, I'm not losing hope, I'm just furious with the performance tonight, which is nothing short of dire. I'm just glad it's not 2-0... which it deserves to be.

are you telling me we have been out played? never mckewon hasnt had a serious shot to save.  we havent been spectacular but apart from a lucky own goal newport wouldn't have scored if they had played all night.  no we didnt do enough to win it in my opinion but AWFUL   no never , dont know what you mean buddy, i think you are speaking out of frustration only, after a while you will realise we didnt deserve to lose. a draw would have been a fair result. UTM

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 90
Bruce Springsteen
April 24, 2013, 9:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
well for 89 minutes the best part of Town's performance was the defending, so sickening to concede a goal like that.  

But in reality could someone tell me what Devitt/C Taylor/M Marshall brought to that game, because that's were we was so dissapointing.

Hearn carried a threat, but doing too much on his own.

Its a cruel defeat, but Im sat here bitterly dissapointed in our play in the final third.    We didnt actually create anything did we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 90
GtfcGarner
April 24, 2013, 9:42pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Defending was flipping awful for the set-piece. All that work they've done and thrown it away and left a bigger task on hand for the away leg at Rodney Parade.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 90
tashee69
April 24, 2013, 9:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Laishers
Grimsby 0-1 Newport, and I'll tell you what: GOOD ON THEM. They deserve it.

Our striking the woodwork and the double-shot at the end of the first half can't disguise what's been a thoroughly AWFUL performance. I absolutely love Town and I'm gutted.

We've become a team who just can't handle pressure. The last day of the season in Division Two, bottling it at Cardiff, losing our way after MK Dons, and even this season with the complete loss of form in the run-up to Wembley... these last ten years have been so, so depressing.

Sorry for the rant guys, I'm not losing hope, I'm just furious with the performance tonight, which is nothing short of dire. I'm just glad it's not 2-0... which it deserves to be.

And how many times was McKeown even slightly tested. One......from Miller
Cook was very poor and we should have started 451/433.
As for the free kick that led to their goal....what a joke both players just fell over and I've replayed it several times.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 90
topuphere666
April 24, 2013, 9:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
team for Sunday

Macca

Hatton
Miller
Pearson
Thomas

Naylor
Disley
Niven/Thanoj

Colbeck
Hearn
Cook
??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 90
IlkleyMariner
April 24, 2013, 9:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Not seen as much of the Mariners as I would like, but from what I have seen we have overachieved this season.
Great defence. Midfield usually over-run unless we play 5, forwards hit and miss.

However all is not lost and dont rule out an away win on Sunday.

Nite nite and dont drink too much-champagne still on ice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 90
northbankmariner
April 24, 2013, 9:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
am not down beat tonight, town did nothing wrong in my book and dont deserve to be behind in the tie. we will need to be better in the second leg, but its not impossible to get a result there, i saw nothing tonight that frightened me at all.   but we have to be more creative in the final third with better service to our strikers, although not a bad performance i would drop cook for the second leg and play hearn and hannak up front. they were comfortable in the air so why not nip in behind them,. worth a try, nothing to lose now.   UTM

i would have been more unhappy if we were outplayed and had been sh!te but w werent.   UTM

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread v Newport

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.