10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Bruce Springsteen
April 24, 2013, 9:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
Quoted from Laishers
Grimsby 0-1 Newport, and I'll tell you what: GOOD ON THEM. They deserve it.

Our striking the woodwork and the double-shot at the end of the first half can't disguise what's been a thoroughly AWFUL performance. I absolutely love Town and I'm gutted.

We've become a team who just can't handle pressure. The last day of the season in Division Two, bottling it at Cardiff, losing our way after MK Dons, and even this season with the complete loss of form in the run-up to Wembley... these last ten years have been so, so depressing.

Sorry for the rant guys, I'm not losing hope, I'm just furious with the performance tonight, which is nothing short of dire. I'm just glad it's not 2-0... which it deserves to be.

at 0-0 we were still in the game, they got a lucky break at the end, we were not awful. but we were dissapointing in the final third.

A mountain to climb, and I just dont think we carry enough threat down the sides to get the goals from Hearn/Cook/Hannah.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 90
Laishers
April 24, 2013, 9:48pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -1
Quoted from northbankmariner

are you telling me we have been out played? never mckewon hasnt had a serious shot to save.  we havent been spectacular but apart from a lucky own goal newport wouldn't have scored if they had played all night.  no we didnt do enough to win it in my opinion but AWFUL   no never , dont know what you mean buddy, i think you are speaking out of frustration only, after a while you will realise we didnt deserve to lose. a draw would have been a fair result. UTM

I dunno. Certainly the first half. Okay, I'll grant you, McKeown didn't have much to do, but it's not like their keeper had much more. They always looked SO much more comfortable than we did, and that first half was just depressing. Was hoping the double-save at the end heralded the start of a change, but y'know, not really; the second half WAS improved, but not greatly.

If we'd had five/six decent chances and lost, I'd say fair enough, unlucky, but that's not really the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 90
GrimRob
April 24, 2013, 9:56pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,446
Gold Stars: 114
Credit to Newport they stopped us playing in the first half. Too many Town players like Cook and Taylor were not in the game at all, We were defensively sound as usual but the result isn't a disaster we're good away from home anyway when the pressure is off.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 82 - 90
Doctor Sanchez
April 24, 2013, 9:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
It's disappointing but it's only half-time.  We've come back to win from behind before, we can do it again.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 90
AdamHaddock
April 24, 2013, 9:59pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,846
Gold Stars: 26
Disappointed to lose but remember - we've been very good away from home in the last month

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 90
Devonmatt
April 24, 2013, 10:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Aside from being 1-0 down at HT I see nothing from Newport that should dictate that we can not recover the tie in the 2nd leg.  Newport as a whole and Jolley in particular were very good for 35mins.  I thought after that they showed nothing and visibly dropped off the pace the longer the 2nd half went on.  Hearn will improve again for tonights start and Colbeck will be back to improve our options.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 90
supertown
April 24, 2013, 10:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,470
Gold Stars: 53
it was junk, no way will we get out of this league playing like that. Not a single decent cross in the game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 90
Badger57
April 24, 2013, 10:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,922
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Laishers
Grimsby 0-1 Newport, and I'll tell you what: GOOD ON THEM. They deserve it.

Our striking the woodwork and the double-shot at the end of the first half can't disguise what's been a thoroughly AWFUL performance. I absolutely love Town and I'm gutted.

We've become a team who just can't handle pressure. The last day of the season in Division Two, bottling it at Cardiff, losing our way after MK Dons, and even this season with the complete loss of form in the run-up to Wembley... these last ten years have been so, so depressing.

Sorry for the rant guys, I'm not losing hope, I'm just furious with the performance tonight, which is nothing short of dire. I'm just glad it's not 2-0... which it deserves to be.

Agrees. We were DREADFUL!!!!  When playing at home and your best players by a million miles are the two central defenders it tells you everything. WOEFUL!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 90
Bruce Springsteen
April 24, 2013, 10:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
Quoted from supertown
it was junk, no way will we get out of this league playing like that. Not a single decent cross in the game

i think this is a fair point, Ive made my criticism of our wingers performances tonight, never involved
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 90
Spiritater
April 24, 2013, 10:24pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +138
Unlucky boys. Hope you turn it around and stuff the Welsh cheats on Sunday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread v Newport

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.