7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
carrot top
August 26, 2013, 9:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
I dont like this 433 because it doesnt look 433. We have the wingers to play 442 and feel we always look better with this formation. With LH on the left it makes us look lopsided IMO. The midfield looks better with Thanoj in it but he needs players on the same wavelength. Disley clearly isn't.
Scrappy win but a win non the less

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 63
marinerian
August 26, 2013, 9:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Radio Humberside made it sound a much better game than you lot, said Town dominated after a poor first 15 mins, sounded like we had chances.

Lets just get the points and get out of this damn league.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 63
FishOutOfWater
August 26, 2013, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from marinerian
Radio Humberside made it sound a much better game than you lot, said Town dominated after a poor first 15 mins, sounded like we had chances.

Lets just get the points and get out of this damn league.

Who was the commentator? Can't have been Tondeur...

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 63
lee65
August 26, 2013, 10:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
I must admit, I watched on BT and thought we were a bit better than some comments above suggest.

LJL - good again, true he gets offside too much (actually some poor decisions against him today) but he is an excellent target man, bringing it down and involving others.

Midfield 3 - thought they looked better together than last Saturday

Colbeck - a number of bad crosses, but kept going and was always a threat

Hearn as left of front 3 - may not be his chosen position, but he was central on occasion and doesn't seem to want to run at defenders like he did previously. I still think he's not yet fit, or has he lost a yard with the injury.  He's 28 now, hard to regain his pace?

To me we are 2 players short of a good team.  A fast CB to play with Pearson.  I like Doig and want to give Big Mac a chance, but at best, in my heart I really can only see them as useful cover.
We STILL need a strong box to box midfielder to add steel and let some of the others play, as mentioned previously Diz, Paddy, and Thanoj are virtually the same.  I'm beginning to think that the best long term bet of those 3 is Thanoj
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 63
BIGChris
August 26, 2013, 10:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Who was the commentator? Can't have been Tondeur...

Me!
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 63
August 26, 2013, 10:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from lee65
I must admit, I watched on BT and thought we were a bit better than some comments above suggest.

LJL - good again, true he gets offside too much (actually some poor decisions against him today) but he is an excellent target man, bringing it down and involving others.

Midfield 3 - thought they looked better together than last Saturday

Colbeck - a number of bad crosses, but kept going and was always a threat

Hearn as left of front 3 - may not be his chosen position, but he was central on occasion and doesn't seem to want to run at defenders like he did previously. I still think he's not yet fit, or has he lost a yard with the injury.  He's 28 now, hard to regain his pace?

To me we are 2 players short of a good team.  A fast CB to play with Pearson.  I like Doig and want to give Big Mac a chance, but at best, in my heart I really can only see them as useful cover.
We STILL need a strong box to box midfielder to add steel and let some of the others play, as mentioned previously Diz, Paddy, and Thanoj are virtually the same.  I'm beginning to think that the best long term bet of those 3 is Thanoj

Andi Thanoj is the best footballer at the club by a country mile. If only he'd grab hold of games by the scruff of the neck and impose his quality on games a bit more, maybe he needs to believe in himself. Perhaps a good run in the side will see him kick on.
Reply: 25 - 63
pontoonlew
August 26, 2013, 10:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I'd seriously have Thanoj in the side over Disley, he looks like he's taken massive steps back in his game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 63
FishOutOfWater
August 26, 2013, 11:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from BIGChris

Me!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 63
BIGChris
August 27, 2013, 7:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from pontoonlew
I'd seriously have Thanoj in the side over Disley, he looks like he's taken massive steps back in his game.

Disley was my man of the match on Saturday! His pass to Colbeck for the 3rd goal was superbly weighted.

Why can't both Thanoj and Disley be in the side? I dont understand why it has to be one over the other??
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 63
tintowner
August 27, 2013, 7:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Taking away the fact that we won the game and got the three points.....which should always be the aim,.............. I thought we were poor....sorry!

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.