Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR v Town Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 161 Guests

FGR v Town Match Thread

This thread currently has 30,780 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Badger57
March 18, 2014, 10:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
So what words of wisdom did our inglorious leader come up with tonight then?
Any good excuses for abysmal first half or were we "unlucky" again?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 261
AdamHaddock
March 18, 2014, 10:22pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,834
Gold Stars: 26
Lincoln only four points behind us now

Surely they won't.....

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 261
ackomariner
March 18, 2014, 10:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from barralad

Shouldn't you be verbally abusing female contributors to this forum? The rose tinted glasses line has been used many times before on this forum surprisingly (not) directed at people who refuse to sink to the depths of despair that people like you do. If you want a team that wins just about every game go and support Chelsea..

I wasn't there but listening to the radio we clearly were NOT shite for 90 minutes tonight. Didn't anyone ever teach you that if you are going to criticise that you actually need to be able to back it up with some evidence or at least give a considered opinion. No? Thought not!
Quite a few people are sick to the back teeth of your particular type of criticism. It won't hurt to provide a bit of balance to your opinions.

I didn't verbally abuse the female poster, all I said was it wasn't a convincing win on sat against Wrexham , to which the poster replied and said that she said " result" . I read her post again and the lady was correct, but I don't really consider that to be verbally abusing someone.

As for my comment tonight did I say anything about saying we were shite tonight? No is your answer....so don't know where you've got that one from really

And as for my particular type of criticism , you might not want to hear it but I tell the truth and if it offends people I apologize , but I won't change my opinion .

By the way town are my team, not Chelsea

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 261
ackomariner
March 18, 2014, 10:29pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Er, I hardly think you qualify as a mate of mine...

Well at least we agree on one thing then

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 261
barralad
March 18, 2014, 10:31pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from ackomariner

I didn't verbally abuse the female poster, all I said was it wasn't a convincing win on sat against Wrexham , to which the poster replied and said that she said " result" . I read her post again and the lady was correct, but I don't really consider that to be verbally abusing someone.

As for my comment tonight did I say anything about saying we were shite tonight? No is your answer....so don't know where you've got that one from really

And as for my particular type of criticism , you might not want to hear it but I tell the truth and if it offends people I apologize , but I won't change my opinion .

By the way town are my team, not Chelsea

And you call my post comedy gold...

Just as a matter of interest what other conclusion am I to draw about your view on the performance tonight when you are advising me that it wouldn't hurt me to say Town were shite tonight?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 261
barralad
March 18, 2014, 10:35pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from ackomariner

Well at least we agree on one thing then

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 261
grimps
March 18, 2014, 10:36pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
I'd love to know what mood enhancing drugs some of the posters on here are taking ,We have been shite since Christmas and to be honest shite for 3 years Hurst has been here .
Its always been one step forward two steps back which has just about kept him in a job.He will be unemployed in May
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 261
ackomariner
March 18, 2014, 10:40pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from barralad

And you call my post comedy gold...

Just as a matter of interest what other conclusion am I to draw about your view on the performance tonight when you are advising me that it wouldn't hurt me to say Town were shite tonight?

Tonight? Never said tonight in my post to you did I?

As for tonight's game I only finished work at 8.30 pm so only got the second half, but it sounds like I got to hear the best half of the game and it sounded like town gave it a good go , but that's all fans ask for.

So there you go, I'm not all doom and gloom

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 261
brad_gtfc
March 18, 2014, 10:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Hurts does seem massively down in the dumps, maybe struggling on his own when the going gets tough?

I still think we should keep faith with Hurst, he's doing ok but does seem to be getting an awful lot of stick instead of the players, theres only so much he can do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 261
FishOutOfWater
March 18, 2014, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimps
I'd love to know what mood enhancing drugs some of the posters on here are taking ,We have been shite since Christmas and to be honest shite for 3 years Hurst has been here .
Its always been one step forward two steps back
which has just about kept him in a job.He will be unemployed in May

Can't agree with you on this - it's not all been bad in the past three years - but I have started to wonder what next?

It's really starting to bug me that we only seem to play for half a game - if we do succeed in getting in to the play offs, play like we did for the first 45 tonight and that's it season over. No second chance...

Now is that the manager's fault or the players letting him and us down?

They must know before they step out that we all expect them to do their best (PH included) but when they go missing for half the match, what to do?

The players should be playing for their own and the manager's future (as well as for us fans) but sometimes you do just wonder what they are doing out there - surely they have some ambition?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 189 - 261
27 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR v Town Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.