April 8, 2014, 10:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
PH very unhappy

Do you think he realises that his shattering of players confidence and ruining any momentum is a huge reason as to why we were excrement tonight?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 157
April 8, 2014, 10:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew

Not quite, though 'Tonk' scored I think bringing on Colbeck instead of Nielson is just insane. Hursts squad selections are mystfying and I don't think we can ignore that despite somehow drawing today, we were still poor and incredibly lucky in the end. Do you think any of the sides we'll face in the play-offs would allow that to happen? Hurst still has a lot to answer for.

5 games in 11 days. I don't think it is either insane or mystifying to take a player off during this 'insane' period of the season when very important playoffs games are around the corner.

10 points out of 12- you have a lot to answer for hurst.
Reply: 131 - 157
brad_gtfc
April 8, 2014, 10:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Quoted from Chrisblor

Of course i'm happy he scored and we equalised, but I don't think scoring a penalty makes up for all the chances he has missed this season.

I don't think anybody suggested it did, everyone just giving him credit for having the balls to take it, and rightly so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 157
Rodley Mariner
April 8, 2014, 10:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Quoted from pontoonlew

Do you think he realises that his shattering of players confidence and ruining any momentum is a huge reason as to why we were excrement tonight?

If he'd shattered the confidence of so many players then how come we're sat comfortably in the play offs, unbeaten in 4. Woking are the form team in the league and from what I heard we were the better team and deserved a point as an absolute minimum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 157
pontoonlew
April 8, 2014, 10:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

If he'd shattered the confidence of so many players then how come we're sat comfortably in the play offs, unbeaten in 4. Woking are the form team in the league and from what I heard we were the better team and deserved a point as an absolute minimum.

You are stunningly blind to whats going on with players and whats actually happening on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 157
Rodley Mariner
April 8, 2014, 10:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Quoted from pontoonlew

You are stunningly blind to whats going on with players and whats actually happening on the pitch.

Haha - says the man ignoring the fact we're on a really good run of results. If Paddy Mac has had his confidence destroyed can you explain him coming into the team last Tuesday and scoring the winner?

It sounds ludicrous but I genuinely believe part of ypu wants us to fail so you can do your 'I told you so' routine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 157
brad_gtfc
April 8, 2014, 10:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
We're 3rd in the league, lost twice in 10 games. Some of you need a reality check.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 157
Caesar
April 8, 2014, 10:29pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from 3610

5 games in 11 days. I don't think it is either insane or mystifying to take a player off during this 'insane' period of the season when very important playoffs games are around the corner.

10 points out of 12- you have a lot to answer for hurst.

First time I have used the vote up comment thingys!

Am not sure why some are so eager to bash Hurst, seem ready to scour around for something to complain about.  We still have a very busy period to come but are in a very good position now so lets focus on the positives.  To quote the oldest football cliche around you take it one game at a time, if we are in the playoff's we will be playing different teams with different levels of expectations and we shall have to play accordingly.  Tonight we played one of the form teams in the league and from twice looking at defeats came back, that suggests at least something positive to me!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 157
mike_d
April 8, 2014, 10:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
We'd be upset if they'd given up. 4 points is a cushion with games in hand on the teams chasing the playoffs.

It's not that pretty, but it's doing something right.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 157
brad_gtfc
April 8, 2014, 10:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Playing the form team in the league and came back twice to get a point, it's a good result & 1 more point to securing our play off place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 157
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › woking match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.