Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chester Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 105 Guests

Chester Match Thread

This thread currently has 33,058 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Tinymariner
September 15, 2015, 9:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Feels like a win, great tenacity to keep going for goal till the end. Don't understand the same negative posters repeating themselves time after time. It's as if you thrive on losing and only comment when you have something negative to say. People would have far more respect for you if you actually gave credit when it is due. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 219
MuddyWaters
September 15, 2015, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid
And the negativity of some of you lot doesnt deserve promotion. Its as if you want the team to lose so PH gets the sack. Forgive me for getting just a little bit happy because we scored a late equaliser and gained a point on the leaders.

Let's be happy that we've conceded for the 10th game in a row. Please forgive me for pointing out that we will never be promoted if that continues and that we have the most contrary, negative manager in the club's history and that we are in the lowest league we've ever been in.

So basically, shutthefuckup and allow us to voice our alternative opinion.
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 219
ginnywings
September 15, 2015, 9:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Hagrid
And the negativity of some of you lot doesnt deserve promotion. Its as if you want the team to lose so PH gets the sack. Forgive me for getting just a little bit happy because we scored a late equaliser and gained a point on the leaders.

It's not negativity in my case; it's resignation. I'm delighted we scored a deserved goal but i still see no signs that Hurst has what it takes to get us promoted, which is a worry after the amount of time he's had.

People say that missing chances is not the managers fault but it is his job to find a solution and his job to stop us leaking silly goals. Neither of which he has yet done.

If that's negativity, then so be it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 219
promotion plaice
September 15, 2015, 9:54pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Hagrid

I will always want Town to win while Hurst is in charge but if we don't go up this season and he is kept on, then i will still want Town to win while Hurst is in charge unfortunately, fool me.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 219
MeanwoodMariner
September 15, 2015, 9:55pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So basically, shutthefuckup and allow us to voice our alternative opinion.

*IRONY CLAXON*
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 219
Vance Warner
September 15, 2015, 9:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 105
Quoted from mariner2000
Delighted we got the equaliser but terrible result, we are not good enough, things need to change, season over

How is a draw away from home a terrible result? How is the season over when we've gained a point on the leaders? Some people won't be happy unless we win every game which is completely unrealistic no matter who the manager is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 219
ivanosandwich
September 15, 2015, 9:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from ackomariner

Not the win though is it

You just replied to your own post, do you like arguing with yourself as well as everyone else?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 219
MuddyWaters
September 15, 2015, 9:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Vance Warner

How is a draw away from home a terrible result? How is the season over when we've gained a point on the leaders? Some people won't be happy unless we win every game which is completely unrealistic no matter who the manager is.

Erm, because we've dropped 2 points against another team in the bottom half?
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 219
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 15, 2015, 9:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
I have never been a PH fan but, speaking about homecgames only, I have to say the quality of our football this season is much improved and we are creating more chances then I can remember for many a season.

We all also hailed Paddy & Omar's arrival & pre-season goals but despite scoring regularly they still miss a lot of chances.

Personally I would rather watch those two than LJL & Hannah up front and from everything I have seen & read had we taken 75 per cent of chances provided we have won every match.

Thus on this occasion I feel we should cut PH some slack as we did in great numbers bemoan the lack of entertainment provided by town in previous seasons. A harsh penalty tonight and missed chances cannot all be placed at PH's door.

I repeat what I said Saturday though that without a commanding midfield player the quality of our other players may go to waste. We normally start to kick on in October so fingers crossed that we repeat this again this year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 219
coxy
September 15, 2015, 9:58pm

The only way is UP !!
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +67
Rant over from me 1 point gained! For sure ref shocking again that's 6years we have being saying that but we have just got a point away from home so credit we're it due.

Now please a win on Friday  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 219
22 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chester Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.