Balthazar Bullitt
October 10, 2015, 5:47pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Grimal

I was just going to post that I'll wait and see what the just back thread has to say about the game ,as I could imagine JT would make a pi$$up in a brewery sound like a dire event.

If he ever writes an autobiography it'll be called "And there it is".

Roll on Tuesday
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 149
Sir Matt Tease
October 10, 2015, 5:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +293
Gold Stars: 31
Lets all get ready for another TOUGH GAME against Halifax, a team with the worst goal difference in the league of MINUS 16.

I expect Hurst to be telling us with all our injury problems that a draw will be a good result ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 149
Bristol Mariner
October 10, 2015, 6:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Result ok. Soft pitch and long grass. A point today is ok if we win Tuesday. Then we roll on to Torquay 10 games unbeaten. Keep the faith it's a marathon..

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 149
Tommy
October 10, 2015, 6:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
I was hoping we wouldn't be hearing about the pitch afterwards.

a) we've known what their pitch is like for 5 years now, it is no surprise.
and
b) the pitch is the same for both teams

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 149
Tinymariner
October 10, 2015, 7:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
However, they play on that pitch every other week, we don't!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 149
TAGG
October 10, 2015, 9:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from LH
A draw is a perfectly acceptable result away at a team who were one place below us at the start of play. Especially when we used two subs before half time. The unbeaten run continues. Very, very winnable game to come on Tuesday.

"Perfectly acceptable result" is just the sort of balderdash statement and acceptance of failure that has come from the very top of our club all the way down to a lot of our fans and the reason we are still in this excrement league.
It's NOT acceptable to play excrement and only get 1 point from teams like today's opponents and it's NOT acceptable to be in the position we are in the league at the moment.
UTM
Hurst Out

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 149
promotion plaice
October 10, 2015, 9:30pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from TAGG

"Perfectly acceptable result" is just the sort of balderdash statement and acceptance of failure that has come from the very top of our club all the way down to a lot of our fans and the reason we are still in this excrement league.
It's NOT acceptable to play excrement and only get 1 point from teams like today's opponents and it's NOT acceptable to be in the position we are in the league at the moment.
UTM
Hurst Out

I look at it this way, no point in rocking the boat while we still have a realistic chance of promotion ( playoffs included ) and we really do at this stage. The club has too much money, hope and emotion invested in Hurst and his team. When and only when promotion is unattainable then Hurst has to be history ( he has had long enough ).. You never know, he might just get us promoted.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 149
jonnyboy82
October 10, 2015, 9:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
So we all agree if hurst doesnt take us up this season its time for a fresh look at it all ?

And if he does he deserves time in league 2 to get his team together no doubt ?

Im Town through and through and wish him all the best in our promotion charge or more of a plod but cant see him having what it takes.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 149
friskneymariner
October 10, 2015, 9:40pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Tinymariner
That was a difficult game and it's clear to see why they haven't conceded many goals. Hurst had his hands tied before half time and made the change with Marshall which could have backfired if we had any more injuries. Better to draw than lose. I'm glad I came as I detest listening to the negative JT. It wasn't that bad! UTM

Was you at the same came as me,it was dire we lacked any creativity what-so-ever.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 149
Maringer
October 10, 2015, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,599
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from jonnyboy82
So we all agree if hurst doesnt take us up this season its time for a fresh look at it all ?

And if he does he deserves time in league 2 to get his team together no doubt ?

Im Town through and through and wish him all the best in our promotion charge or more of a plod but cant see him having what it takes.

So, if we win promotion this season, you think we should sack the manager? Strange.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 149
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.