This thread currently has 21,781 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Golden fox
May 5, 2016, 9:29pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
Hurst just said we could go 'more direct ' I hope he's bluffing with that !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 148
moosey_club
May 5, 2016, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,288
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Golden fox

i think the only way possible to do that having watched the last 30 mins would be to shoot direct from kick off !!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 148
MarinerMart
May 5, 2016, 9:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +209
They can afford to play exactly the same again on sunday they don't need to come out and attack we have too score twice and having gone 4 and a half hours without scoring, I won't bet my house on us doing it on sunday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 148
BS baffles brains
May 5, 2016, 9:38pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 1
This club has absolutely nothing to loose, so Mr Fenty , board meeting in morning and sack Hurst, appoint Doig till after the trophy final, and ffs just go out and play
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 148
golfer
May 5, 2016, 9:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
Midfield crap as usual,tactics ?  crap, substitutions crap, no motivation on or off the pitch.  Do Town want promotion ?  What a stupid question----------or is it ?  It makes me wonder.  Every game is the same and it hasn,t worked for a very long time.      That  Nth.  Ferriby  manager has been linked with the Lincoln job,  he,s had more success than ours ---we couldn,t  do any worse !    The only good thing tonight achieved was to make it 100% the need for a new manager.  But I,ll bet my cotton socks that he,ll still be here come August.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 148
nightrider
May 5, 2016, 9:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
No suprises tonight. Same old stuff in every way. Everybody knows whats going to happen including Braintree.
Last year we were lions. LJL was immense - never have I seen such a energetic performance. 100% effort, he gave it everything. The whole team did.
This year, the players just don't want to know. To be fair, some just aren't good enough
The fans have been a great this year and deserve a lot more than the current regime are giving them. Big changes are due
PH is right though. Its only half time. Fingers crossed they turn up and give it their all.
Could be their last 90mins in a Town shirt/rain jacket

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 148
Bigboy
May 5, 2016, 9:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +158
Quoted from Golden fox

We could be more fast and direct down the wings - how many wingers has Hurst tried this season?  Mackreth, Marshall, Jennings, Stewart and Arnold - and we end up with Danny East on the pitch.  I only saw Arnold really sprint once tonight - and he is dangerous when he does that.  What has Hurst done to Arnold and all the other failed wingers?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 148
Teestogreen
May 5, 2016, 9:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
[quote=1291]We need 2 energic midfielders in my eyes.  Disley has been class for us in recent times but for me didn't offer anything from midfield it was like watching nolan do it all.  Time for him to make way i reckon.  We need to start attacking from midfield we need runners there was nothing but static slow moping around.  Absolute abject performance.

I agree - Dis anonymous i. m. o  He was given a rest against Tranmere but you couldn't tell. Didn't see him do anything good in the televised game and as you say - Nolan doing the good work but falling short sometimes due to lack of support.

Having said this - Braintree are the best organised side and (after listening to their manager tonight - who is total class) expect them to finish the job off against us. We should be trying to get him for us next season, before his stock goes up to much.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 148
golfer
May 5, 2016, 9:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Bigboy
We can still do it on Sunday.  We are now the underdogs with nothing to lose - no longer any pressure.  The trouble is will PH let them go out throw caution to the winds and have a real go?  I don't think he's got it in him.  I'd sack him in the morning and give Doig a crack - a desperate gamble is needed.

They are a pair,  I,d sack both of them,  and wouldn,t wait until the morning.  They could be in the queue for the Veggy Green job by 9 -0-clock  .  If they wanted to go earlier I,d give them a lift
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 148
easypeersy
May 5, 2016, 9:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Well I expressed an opinion that it is pointless to keep having McKeown punt EVERY SINGLE GOAL KICK to Monkhouse, only for him to head the ball to an opposition player and someone in the crowd turned round and said "I haven't missed you flipping moaning".
Well sorry for having an opinion that is completely correct. If you think that is the way to win a football match then you are just as clueless as our wet blanket, uninspiring, stubborn and DEFINATELY useless manager.
Are you by any chance the same guy that said how amazing Mike Newell was a few years back when I called for his head? He was sacked a couple of weeks later after a meltdown on Radio Humberside!
That's almost 300 minutes without being able to score against a part time football team. Our manager thinks he will keep the same tactics for the next match and a chance will come... But he wouldn't put his mortgage on it, oh but we are spoilt aren't we. Oh yes I am feeling so spoilt after tonight's match. Hurst you are a turd in a tracksuit! Clear off!
BYE BYE Hurst !
And a warm welcome to whoever takes the helm next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 148
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.