jonnyboy82
May 5, 2016, 9:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Golden fox
Hurst just said we could go 'more direct ' I hope he's bluffing with that !

Kin ell if hurst goes anymore direct that balls ending up in hessle.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 148
highcliff mariner
May 5, 2016, 9:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Golden fox
I'm not in the Hurst in or out camp right in the middle of the fence , whatever happens not really sure - who would appoint a new manager ? , as much respect as I have for John his record of appointments isn't exactly glowing is it . With Paul we have a steady Eddie , a new manager could go either way .

This is why we are failing AGAIN for the 4 th time , steady edit fffs

Praying for a miracle .
Utm
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 148
golfer
May 5, 2016, 10:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Bigboy

We could be more fast and direct down the wings - how many wingers has Hurst tried this season?  Mackreth, Marshall, Jennings, Stewart and Arnold - and we end up with Danny East on the pitch.  I only saw Arnold really sprint once tonight - and he is dangerous when he does that.  What has Hurst done to Arnold and all the other failed wingers?

What he,s done is to make everybody lose confidence. What  has he done to Arnold, Marshall and Clay . It makes me wonder if it,s little man trying to be a big bully, and trying to prove a point.  I feel embarassed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 148
easypeersy
May 5, 2016, 10:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Is this the worst manager we have ever had?
I think it actually is!
I actually hate the smart arsed stubborn ignorant twit now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 148
Golden fox
May 5, 2016, 10:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
Arnold I'm not sure confidence has looked shot the times I've seen him in the last few months . Marshall - don't think he's good enough tbh so fair call ( lightweight , not a target from goal kicks ) . Clay - Rate him but only seen him a handful of times decent midfield player who holds his position more than Nolan but hasn't got the technical ability , AB was saying tonight Nolan wasn't  holding  his position enough in the middle and leaves dizzer exposed and was suprised Clay isn't involved more-  sounds like he rates him . Would add Danny East to your list to - first half of the season he looked like he would play a big role all season but faded out , and we got 2 left backs , was never sure in the point of Robertson and Horward one or the other and East as back up . It seemed like a lot of the budget was wasted one squad players  when we really needed a couple of bits of quality .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 148
sonofmadeleymariner
May 5, 2016, 10:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Arnold isn't looking half the player he was last season because he can't cut inside off the left like he did last season, he looks lost and uninterested as all he's doing is hoofing the ball up, being ignored by balls being hoofed past him or being asked to launch crosses in, he doesn't seem to of had any direction to run at players like he did last season and the start of this season

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 148
LostInSpace
May 5, 2016, 10:20pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +115
feel for you guy's tonight, not the best display by a longshot, but for some desperate defending you could have won this one,.... two shots on target all night [one being the pen, they are  just a simple no frills well organised team,frustrating as f88k....think they had the run of the ball at some crucial times,,,,play them with sustained - continued pace and i think they will crack,, the pressure is now on them to hold the line but i reckon you will crack it sunday,, best of a load of luck... keep the faith,as always guys
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 148
DocTower
May 6, 2016, 7:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from LostInSpace
feel for you guy's tonight, not the best display by a longshot, but for some desperate defending you could have won this one,.... two shots on target all night [one being the pen, they are  just a simple no frills well organised team,frustrating as f88k....think they had the run of the ball at some crucial times,,,,play them with sustained - continued pace and i think they will crack,, the pressure is now on them to hold the line but i reckon you will crack it sunday,, best of a load of luck... keep the faith,as always guys

Your spot on , a no frills frustrating side . However they win games by their well drilled tactic . Could you watch it every week?    If it were our team knocking above our weight  yes . We know we can and do sometimes play football ,  our players are playing to order when they get on the field . Our fans can see it doesn't work , but the little Yorkshire man  is stubborn and won't do what is needed .

What faith we have had is long gone , it has been getting a chore going watch , more out of habit than love . Once your out of the habit of going it's hard to return .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 148
LostInSpace
May 6, 2016, 9:55am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +115
Quoted from DocTower

Your spot on , a no frills frustrating side . However they win games by their well drilled tactic . Could you watch it every week?    If it were our team knocking above our weight  yes . We know we can and do sometimes play football ,  our players are playing to order when they get on the field . Our fans can see it doesn't work , but the little Yorkshire man  is stubborn and won't do what is needed .

What faith we have had is long gone , it has been getting a chore going watch , more out of habit than love . Once your out of the habit of going it's hard to return .

well i dipped out of the rovers for over 3 years because of the then management,but still had the yearning to go, but my principle of not going while that particular troop were in charge kept me away,  been around 8 times this season and only once last, you may guess what game was!!, but now with the takeover  and the events following it, all is more tempting and my visits will be on the up,,, there is a need for something drastic at :YOUR CLUB" and needs to happen soon or a lot more will feel the urge to go less tempting, and it takes a while to get them all back and singing from the same hymnsheet,  wish you better fortune for the return leg
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 148
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.