Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Maybe he had this on his t-shirt.

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/5086/5319955632_a7083009a8_b.jpg[/img]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
Son of Cod
March 11, 2020, 12:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from diehardmariner
Can't understand why people get so agitated when an opposing player celebrates in front of them.

I absolutely loved seeing the Town lads celebrating in front of the Scunny fans, also Billy Clark taking a drink from the cup that was lobbed at him.  

At our place when Van Veen scored, so what if he celebrated in front of our fans?  It's all part of the atmosphere isn't it?  I understand the point about inciting the crowd but if adults can't control themselves because someone stands 10 metres in front of them looking smug, they probably need to have a look at themselves.

Almost guaranteed that despite having 'Van Veen is a Ginger Pig' sung at him all game, had he scored and promptly celebrated in front of the Town end a lot of people would have moaned that he was out of order.

Andy Butler was taking abuse all game at Blundell Park.  He gave a little bit back and there was uproar.

Simple really, isn't it?  If you can't take it, don't give it.

100%. We all flipping loved it when Ben Futcher shhhhhhhhhhh'd the Lincoln fans in the 05/06 playoffs. It's great when players give it back, it shows they're not robots. Van Veen's knee slide was well within his rights, fair play to him. It almost makes me wish we'd been in their division when they had Neal Bishop and KVV in the same team.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
Abdul19
March 11, 2020, 1:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,590
Gold Stars: 219
Quoted from Son of Cod

100%. We all flipping loved it when Ben Futcher shhhhhhhhhhh'd the Lincoln fans in the 05/06 playoffs. It's great when players give it back, it shows they're not robots. Van Veen's knee slide was well within his rights, fair play to him. It almost makes me wish we'd been in their division when they had Neal Bishop and KVV in the same team.

One of football's finest sights is seeing purple faced Big Dave angrily hurling abuse at a celebrating player, who is lucky that the invisible wall between them stops him getting the beating his cupped ears deserved.

(Mitch Rose at Swindon is my favourite)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
diehardmariner
March 11, 2020, 2:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,671
Gold Stars: 540
Quoted from Abdul19

(Mitch Rose at Swindon is my favourite)

Ross Hannah against Huddersfield.  Very tenuous link with his short spell at Bradford, which I don't think any of the visiting supporters had picked up on but he cupped his ear all the same.

Non-Town but nothing will ever beat the Graeme Souness and a flag for levels of shithousery
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
Tommy
March 11, 2020, 4:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from diehardmariner

Ross Hannah against Huddersfield.  Very tenuous link with his short spell at Bradford, which I don't think any of the visiting supporters had picked up on but he cupped his ear all the same.

Non-Town but nothing will ever beat the Graeme Souness and a flag for levels of shithousery

What about Michael Keane?

On loan to us the season we last went down from the Championship.

Last game of the season against Brighton. We were already down and Brighton needed a result at BP to possibly avoid going down with us.

Keane scored and for some reason went mad celebrating in front of the Osmond end full of Brighton fans, pointing downwards to wind them up.

Always remember it as it seemed to just come out of absolutely nowhere.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
Les Brechin
March 11, 2020, 4:15pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Isaiah Rankin v Barnsley springs to mind too when we beat them 6-1. He was on loan to us from Barnsley at the time and made the point of going over to their fans and pointing out the name on the back of his shirt when he scored, after they'd been giving him abuse most of the game.

I don't think he played for Barnsley again after that.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
diehardmariner
March 12, 2020, 9:41am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Tommy

What about Michael Keane?

On loan to us the season we last went down from the Championship.

Last game of the season against Brighton. We were already down and Brighton needed a result at BP to possibly avoid going down with us.

Keane scored and for some reason went mad celebrating in front of the Osmond end full of Brighton fans, pointing downwards to wind them up.

Always remember it as it seemed to just come out of absolutely nowhere.

Great shout,
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
Abdul19
March 12, 2020, 9:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,590
Gold Stars: 219
That was bizarre, it wasn't even him that scored! Maybe a young Keane was a big Crystal Palace fan back home in Ireland.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
diehardmariner
March 12, 2020, 9:48am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin
Isaiah Rankin v Barnsley springs to mind too when we beat them 6-1. He was on loan to us from Barnsley at the time and made the point of going over to their fans and pointing out the name on the back of his shirt when he scored, after they'd been giving him abuse most of the game.

I don't think he played for Barnsley again after that.

Yep.  Had his contracted terminated few days after which allowed him to sign for us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/barnsley/3519831.stm

Don't think I've ever been so disappointed with a returning player when he came back in 2006, maybe Jamie Devitt.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
BIron
March 13, 2020, 9:41am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: -98
Gold Stars: 2
Feel like I can share an opinion from the enemy camp now the dust has settled.... What a tough week it has been,  that defeat really hurt. A derby day defeat always hurts no matter what the circumstances, however this one seemed to hurt the most. Through gritted teeth, you were deserved winners and you can enjoy getting some revenge over us.Most have you have being fair  but i have seen some idiots on social media who crawled under a rock when we won and now they are all out giving it large.  

I have seen a few comments aimed at the other Scunny fans who have gloated on here in the past at how they are hiding. I was happy to see none were aimed at myself, even in defeat i will always give my feedback - even if it means taking some days to let it sink in!

The gloating from your players was expected after what KVV did at your place. Found it strange from Vernam though, half of his family are Scunny supporters and i know his Uncle stands on the terraces.  Glennon seemed to go well over the top as well from the rest. He looked a typical jumped up Premier League youngster.  

We really didn't turn up. Only Gabriel could emerge with any credit playing for us. Although Sutton got sent off, he showed more passion than most on his brief time on the pitch.I feel he is average at best but he is Scunny through and through and should have started.

As soon as i saw Wilcox had set up with five at the back i feared the worst. On a tight, narrow pitch against your arch rivals i don't know what he was thinking.   Anyway, that's my rant over with. Although i felt you were very poor as well to be honest, I can only see you improving under Holloway in the summer.  

The future looks very dark for us. I'm sure a lot of you will take great satisfaction in that.  

UTI

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.