moosey_club
March 14, 2020, 1:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from BIron
Feel like I can share an opinion from the enemy camp now the dust has settled.... What a tough week it has been,  that defeat really hurt. A derby day defeat always hurts no matter what the circumstances, however this one seemed to hurt the most. Through gritted teeth, you were deserved winners and you can enjoy getting some revenge over us.Most have you have being fair  but i have seen some idiots on social media who crawled under a rock when we won and now they are all out giving it large.  

I have seen a few comments aimed at the other Scunny fans who have gloated on here in the past at how they are hiding. I was happy to see none were aimed at myself, even in defeat i will always give my feedback - even if it means taking some days to let it sink in!

The gloating from your players was expected after what KVV did at your place. Found it strange from Vernam though, half of his family are Scunny supporters and i know his Uncle stands on the terraces.  Glennon seemed to go well over the top as well from the rest. He looked a typical jumped up Premier League youngster.  

We really didn't turn up. Only Gabriel could emerge with any credit playing for us. Although Sutton got sent off, he showed more passion than most on his brief time on the pitch.I feel he is average at best but he is Scunny through and through and should have started.

As soon as i saw Wilcox had set up with five at the back i feared the worst. On a tight, narrow pitch against your arch rivals i don't know what he was thinking.   Anyway, that's my rant over with. Although i felt you were very poor as well to be honest, I can only see you improving under Holloway in the summer.  

The future looks very dark for us. I'm sure a lot of you will take great satisfaction in that.  

UTI

Well what can we say.....
we won..
3 points...
as plenty of neutral observers have said...we were better
as your manager has said...we were better
as Radio Humberside have said...we were better
as your own vlogger's have said...we were better
as our manager has said......................don't gloat...

so i won't...any further.

We weren't great, you were sh!t, not gloating...just a fact.

I wish so much you were heading to non league and oblivion...it wont happen...we are inevitably going to meet again next season...an entirely new proposition and who knows what will happen.
However for now....until then....i will sit back and happily reminisce about a disrupted season where we were the better team over two games and with the exception of one counter attack we were the pride of Humberside/Lincolnshire.

Sleep tight...don't have nightmares. x

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
ginnywings
March 14, 2020, 9:00am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I think Scunny brought us down to their level in the first half, which is to be expected in a local derby. The other three halves over the two games, we were clearly the better footballing side and i still can't believe we lost at BP, but hey ho! The record books will show one win apiece.

I think Scunny are in for a fallow period, while our stock is set to rise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
GrimRob
March 14, 2020, 1:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,444
Gold Stars: 114
What happened in 1939? Nobody knew the war was going to last nearly 6 years. Players were largely amateur then but there must have been other costs. What happened to BP for 6 years? Did anyone maintain it?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 54
Maringer
March 14, 2020, 1:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,659
Gold Stars: 189
Players weren't amateur in 1939. Especially in the First Division! A lot of wartime football was played, often with players guesting for teams. If you were a pro at the start of the war, chances are that you would continue to play for a team near where you were based in your military duties.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 14, 2020, 4:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Maringer
Players weren't amateur in 1939. Especially in the First Division! A lot of wartime football was played, often with players guesting for teams. If you were a pro at the start of the war, chances are that you would continue to play for a team near where you were based in your military duties.

Hence Fred Trueman who was based at Hemswell turned out for Lincoln City so can only assume his footballing abilities were not comparable to his cricket skills.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.