Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Padraig Amond SIGNED!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 116 Guests

Padraig Amond SIGNED!!

This thread currently has 33,707 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
July 3, 2015, 6:27am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
If we aren't top and 10 points clear at Christmas then Hurst out and Magnay must be appointed as manager.  He loves the Town and he is a tactical genius.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 129
Maringer
July 3, 2015, 6:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,657
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from 137

Yes, but...we were 7 points off automatic promotion, and lost 7 home games throughout the season. The only side who outplayed us at BP were Lincoln ( I hate to say).

Southport outplayed us as well, as did Torquay, Kidderminster and Bristol Rovers. The fact that we may have played poorly in a few of those games is neither here nor there - we were outplayed.

The idea of slinging Toto up front is bizarre. This is a player who has scored just 1 goal throughout his whole career. To tell the truth, I wouldn't even send him up for corners as he is so little threat from them. Better to have him covering with his pace for the occasions when the opposition clear the ball and attempt to break.

It will be interesting to see if we now have the players to mix the formations up a bit more. 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1) is good as a basis for your season but it doesn't always work out and the ability to change to 4-3-3 or even 3-5-2 would be very useful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 129
GtfcGarner
July 3, 2015, 7:06am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Playoffs three years in a row for a division that has one automatic spot.. Some people are wishing for spectacles all the time, yes it would be good to go and smash it and win the league. What if we got rid of Hurst and then had a manager who didn't match up to Hurst? People would be calling for his head left right and centre. Give the bloke a break, the best manager we've had in a LONG time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 129
gb
July 3, 2015, 7:23am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +36
Hurst out boo!!!! Not even won a game this season yet. He's useless. No quality signings brought in and the buzz around our football club is the lowest I can remember it. No one is buying season tickets and that crowd fund raiser has no legs as no one is willing to put any money in!

I rarely post on here but always have a read and my god some of you are the miserable people ever. Back your team and the manager and players (at least until they've kicked a ball in anger)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 129
Garth
July 3, 2015, 8:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Toto up front like Mike Lyons you mean, yeh that would work Mr tactician
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 129
Tommy
July 3, 2015, 8:30am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Hurst's made it clear he still wants to sign a physical striker to be another option. He will be the one to send on for 20 minutes as a plan b (if he hasn't started), not Nsiala up top.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 129
July 3, 2015, 8:53am
Guest User
Quoted from Garth
Toto up front like Mike Lyons you mean, yeh that would work Mr tactician

I remember Livvo playing centre back a few times, pretty interchangeable strong centre forwards and centre backs.. Ditto warhurst and Ian Henderson , perhaps we re onto something here...
Reply: 96 - 129
arryarryarry
July 3, 2015, 9:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from gb
Hurst out boo!!!! Not even won a game this season yet. He's useless. No quality signings brought in and the buzz around our football club is the lowest I can remember it. No one is buying season tickets and that crowd fund raiser has no legs as no one is willing to put any money in!

I rarely post on here but always have a read and my god some of you are the miserable people ever. Back your team and the manager and players (at least until they've kicked a ball in anger)

Who has actually said they want Hurst out, some of us have commented that if we don't go up this season then it may well be his last here, but that will be decided by the Board and they did have some discussions early last season when we had our poor start.

Private Message
Reply: 97 - 129
arryarryarry
July 3, 2015, 9:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Playoffs three years in a row for a division that has one automatic spot.. Some people are wishing for spectacles all the time, yes it would be good to go and smash it and win the league. What if we got rid of Hurst and then had a manager who didn't match up to Hurst? People would be calling for his head left right and centre. Give the bloke a break, the best manager we've had in a LONG time.

Thanks but I already have mine, I did go to Specsavers.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 129
Garth
July 3, 2015, 9:38am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from arryarryarry

Thanks but I already have mine, I did go to Specsavers.

Really I got two pairs for one from http://t.co/B5Aq4E1VFEthem both were crap, in the end cheaps expensive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 129
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Padraig Amond SIGNED!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.