Rick12
December 21, 2015, 12:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ginnywings

Of the just over 1 million public votes cast, Murray got 35% and Fury..........err didn't. Are you seriously saying that the BBC rigged the vote? Fury is that popular that he was eclipsed totally by a dour Scot and others. It might have helped his cause if Fury wasn't a gobby nincompoop.
For sporting achievement hands down in my book deserved to win.Let himself down though with his initial hardline extreme views on gays though(eg equated gays to peadophilia and abortion and wanted them all banned).

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
ginnywings
December 21, 2015, 1:22am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rick12
For sporting achievement hands down in my book deserved to win.Let himself down though with his initial hardline extreme views on gays though(eg equated gays to peadophilia and abortion and wanted them all banned).

The public at large thought otherwise. I'm not a fan of Boxing or Tennis but i think Murray deserved it for his part in winning the Davis Cup after decades. Ironically, Murray is a big boxing fan and watched the fight from his hotel bed in Belgium.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/nov/30/andy-murray-davis-cup-british-sporting-legend

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
Maringer
December 21, 2015, 8:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,660
Gold Stars: 189
The public didn't want to vote for a sharp object even though he is good at boxing. Seems fair enough to me.

Disclaimer: SPOTY is a programme I have never, ever watched or had the slightest interest in seeing - I literally can't see the point of giving some sportsfolk a gong for doing their jobs. There is always something more interesting to watch on at the same time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
jonnyboy82
December 21, 2015, 10:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I voted for tyson fury and he deserved it hands down , what he did by going over to germany and beating the undisputed heavyweight champion for the last 10 years might not be ever done again.

Was predictable that scotlands andy murray would win though as everyone loves a boring good boy But not one who doesnt follow the sheep.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
Rick12
December 21, 2015, 10:54am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I voted for tyson fury and he deserved it hands down , what he did by going over to germany and beating the undisputed heavyweight champion for the last 10 years might not be ever done again.

Like you voted for Fury as well and agree entirely with the above.Having said that though the award ceremony was quite good though the actual results when it comes down to the public vote looses credibility .I remember when Zarah Phillips won it ahead of Calzaghe around 4 years ago and ever since then I never saw it in the same light (Talk sport done a phone in over it as well claiming it was a ridiculous decision to award it to Zarah Phillips over Calzaghe who in truth no doubt worked a lot harder both physically and mentally to get where he got eg boxing is one of the toughest sports out there if not the toughest).

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
Grim74
December 21, 2015, 2:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rick12
Like you voted for Fury as well and agree entirely with the above.Having said that though the award ceremony was quite good though the actual results when it comes down to the public vote looses credibility .I remember when Zarah Phillips won it ahead of Calzaghe around 4 years ago and ever since then I never saw it in the same light (Talk sport done a phone in over it as well claiming it was a ridiculous decision to award it to Zarah Phillips over Calzaghe who in truth no doubt worked a lot harder both physically and mentally to get where he got eg boxing is one of the toughest sports out there if not the toughest).

And yet people still believe that the political correct guardianistas at the BBC wouldn't rig the vote ๐Ÿ˜

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
Rick12
December 21, 2015, 3:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Grim74

And yet people still believe that the political correct guardianistas at the BBC wouldn't rig the vote ๐Ÿ˜
Youve got a point Grim     which is why (apart from the extreme views on gays and disrespect to women) I liked Fury.Says it how it is and theres a honesty there which I like.Look at how he fought against Klitschko for one.Didnt hide and backed up his word.Gutsy performer for me which is something I admire.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
Grim74
December 21, 2015, 5:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
It's a disgrace we had Lennox Lewis who won it for beating up a washed up Evander Holyfield, but then he would fit in with the BBC agenda, Tyson Fury was a massive underdog yet he went over there and outboxed a seemingly unbeatable champion in his own back yard.
So for me Fury should of won the award by a mile but he didn't receive it because he shares the same views as the Pope! I don't agree with what he says but he has every right to say it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
Marinerz93
December 22, 2015, 12:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Tyson although achieving what some thought would be the impossible has let the media milk him for the wrong reasons. He should have been talking about how hard he had to work to get to where he is today instead of playing up to the media with his personal views, he would have won easily.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesusโ€™ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
Rick12
December 23, 2015, 12:17am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
Tyson although achieving what some thought would be the impossible has let the media milk him for the wrong reasons. He should have been talking about how hard he had to work to get to where he is today instead of playing up to the media with his personal views, he would have won easily.
Yes agree completly with the above.Quite sorry for him to be honest when he didnt even make the podium(pleasing though despite all the critics was only 7000 votes away from claiming third).

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tyson Fury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.