Marinerz93
December 23, 2015, 2:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rick12
Yes agree completly with the above.Quite sorry for him to be honest when he didnt even make the podium(pleasing though despite all the critics was only 7000 votes away from claiming third).

Tyson, I don't think is 100% guilty of his own personal thoughts sideshow, I think his dad has fuelled a lot of it because of his back ground and down to the type of person he is, someone who bares a grudge and a 'Ronnie Pickering' if you like.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
Marinerz93
December 23, 2015, 2:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
It makes you wonder Rick how the media has changed, actually leading people to how they want them to react.

Take Ali, a very vocal boxer who openly insulted his opponents, the racial slurs 'Uncle Tom', one of the worst things you could call a black person back in those days. How would that be targeted today, especially as Ali was a Muslim, would he have the same influence over the media?, I doubt it.

Take the fight between Ali and Frazer, the first one, with today's media who would get the media's backing, Humble, hard working and fairly quiet Joe or a Muslim with racist slurs Mohammed Ali.

The media have picked at Tyson Fury for their own agenda, to get as much out of him as they can.  They fail to capitalise on the other story that could have influenced or inspired the younger generation.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
Grim74
December 23, 2015, 7:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Quoted from Marinerz93
It makes you wonder Rick how the media has changed, actually leading people to how they want them to react.

Take Ali, a very vocal boxer who openly insulted his opponents, the racial slurs 'Uncle Tom', one of the worst things you could call a black person back in those days. How would that be targeted today, especially as Ali was a Muslim, would he have the same influence over the media?, I doubt it.

Take the fight between Ali and Frazer, the first one, with today's media who would get the media's backing, Humble, hard working and fairly quiet Joe or a Muslim with racist slurs Mohammed Ali.

The media have picked at Tyson Fury for their own agenda, to get as much out of him as they can.  They fail to capitalise on the other story that could have influenced or inspired the younger generation.

Ali had far worse views than anything Tyson Fury has said, Here's one of his quotes..

“All Jews and gentiles are devils… Blacks are no devils… Everything black people doing wrong comes from (the white people): Drinking, smoking, prostitution, homosexuality, stealing, gambling: It all comes from (the white people)”

And yet Ali was presented with the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Century in 1999 but there were no petitions to have him removed, there were no threats from other athletes not to attend and no condemnation in the media.
Why was this? Because he’s a Muslim? Because he’s black? Or maybe because he’s old and has Parkinson’s disease? the Liberal hypocrisy concerning the treatment of Fury and Ali stinks.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
grimsby pete
December 23, 2015, 7:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Marinerz93

Tyson, I don't think is 100% guilty of his own personal thoughts sideshow, I think his dad has fuelled a lot of it because of his back ground and down to the type of person he is, someone who bares a grudge and a 'Ronnie Pickering' if you like.

Who ??      

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Marinerz93
December 23, 2015, 9:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grim74

Ali had far worse views than anything Tyson Fury has said, Here's one of his quotes..

“All Jews and gentiles are devils… Blacks are no devils… Everything black people doing wrong comes from (the white people): Drinking, smoking, prostitution, homosexuality, stealing, gambling: It all comes from (the white people)”

And yet Ali was presented with the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Century in 1999 but there were no petitions to have him removed, there were no threats from other athletes not to attend and no condemnation in the media.
Why was this? Because he’s a Muslim? Because he’s black? Or maybe because he’s old and has Parkinson’s disease? the Liberal hypocrisy concerning the treatment of Fury and Ali stinks.

Liberal media or just liberals, personally I say the way the media reports has changed and what they do to keep unworthy news going. What is interesting about Ali is that he was driven to Islam because of how blacks were treated in America.

Although he contradicts himself he does make some great points.

[youtube]x7YF58ygric[/youtube]

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
Marinerz93
December 24, 2015, 10:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Who ??      

I thought you'd pick up on that Pete  

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
Rick12
December 24, 2015, 11:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Marinerz93

Yes I  think its a shame how much influence the media wields in today's society though and ultimately like you have pointed out their agenda is primarily one of profit.There just people like me and you but are just in a position to wield their opinion via the press in whatever form be it print or electronically.

I like Fury am Roman Catholic and feel essentially that my religion taps into something real and positive eg Jesus message of goodness .Fury though has took that to the extreme and said things which were out of order and deserves rightly some of the criticism which has been aimed at him.However hope he learns for the better(and the signs are that he has) because underneath it all is someone I admire.Eg what he done in Germany against the big Russian impressed me greatly.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
Marinerz93
December 24, 2015, 8:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Yes I  think its a shame how much influence the media wields in today's society though and ultimately like you have pointed out their agenda is primarily one of profit.There just people like me and you but are just in a position to wield their opinion via the press in whatever form be it print or electronically.

I like Fury am Roman Catholic and feel essentially that my religion taps into something real and positive eg Jesus message of goodness .Fury though has took that to the extreme and said things which were out of order and deserves rightly some of the criticism which has been aimed at him.However hope he learns for the better(and the signs are that he has) because underneath it all is someone I admire.Eg what he done in Germany against the big Russian impressed me greatly.

Hopefully you are right Rick and he has learned from it.  How he won and the work building up to it deserved more air time.

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tyson Fury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.