Lincoln Mariner 56
April 16, 2016, 6:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,761
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Meza
I just want to clear here my opinion on PH has deteriorated to the point of no repair.  Which puts me in a very strange position.  On the one hand i want us to get promoted as i feel players like Pears, Mckeown and Diz deserve for sticking with the club as well as the fans who travel in their droves to watch town but would feel a strange emotion as PH did it.  On the other hand i dont want us to so he gets sacked.

Atleast if we get up and he has a bad start i would hope JF wpuld part company.

Ideal outcome Meza is that we somehow get promoted & PH gets head hunted by the might of Notts County or maybe newly relegated York looking for a manager with Conference experience who can take them straight back up.

Actually as I type this that latter option may not be far off the mark whatever the outcome of our season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 225
Rik e B
April 16, 2016, 7:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Never heard of game not suiting a 30+ goal striker... but Podge n Bogle needed dropping when on red hot form earlier in the Season so Hurst must know something everyone else doesn't.  

Someone get on the phone to Barca and tell them Messi might not suit some games...

Anyway, as a lowly fan who's never played the game who am I to be so bold as to question?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 225
heppy88
April 16, 2016, 7:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Ideal outcome Meza is that we somehow get promoted & PH gets head hunted by the might of Notts County or maybe newly relegated York looking for a manager with Conference experience who can take them straight back up.

Actually as I type this that latter option may not be far off the mark whatever the outcome of our season.

Do you really think another chairman with one iota of common sense will want to take on PH to take them straight up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 225
MrsMariner
April 16, 2016, 7:16pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +449
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from RonMariner

Dover, who we couldn't beat today, FGR who are miles ahead of us on points, and Braintree who beat us four days ago.

Not looking great is it?

Perhaps it's Hurst's master plan to deceive the opposition so they all under estimate us then we unleash an unknown Stewart on them and the prolific partnership of Bogle & Amond and we win the play offs. It worked for Newport a few seasons back at our expence  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 225
Grim74
April 16, 2016, 7:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Why did he even bother having him on the bench if he had no intention of playing him?
What a boost to the Dover team to hear that the leagues top scorer has been dumped on the bench crazy management.
I would say Amound and Bogle are probably the most lethal strike partnership in the league and I'm sure that at any other club in this league they would of been the first names on the team sheet, and that's why I think we should offer Hurst another one years contract as chief scout.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 225
inandout
April 17, 2016, 6:51am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +70
The selection of strikers apart which still beggars belief, on measured reflection I think yesterdays point, and I can't believe I am saying this, may well yet prove to be a very valuable one, as we could, perhaps should have lost this game and we are heavily indebted to our back five for not doing so.
It's often discussed how part time teams especially one like Dover isolated as they are miles away from civilisation can compete as well as thet do, well now we know.
Okay their brand of football may not be that easy on the eye, but it's clear that not only do they have some very decent players (Walker, Ragett, Deverdicks, Miller)  they absolutely work their socks off for each other and if that's the scale of effort they normally put into games, it's little wonder they are third in the league.
I know from our perspective the game may be best remembered as the one Mr Hurst finally lost his marbles, but thankfully, we are still surely destined for the play off's and that being the case does it really matter who we play or controversially perhaps, who will be in charge, as surely like the Dover team proved yesterday, if everyone plays as they can, if everyone puts their all into the play off games, we may yet finish the season with smiling faces, but given the choice, would much rather it be against a FGR, a Braintree or an Eastleigh.
I will be there Tuesday, and have had to take half a days holiday to do so, but though three points was a given a few weeks ago, I have to quietly admit I am a little worried and just hope yesterdays result was a one off fluke for Woking, but I swear if he leaves Amond on the bench again, I will probably get straight back into the car and come home

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 225
23 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dover match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.