9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
September 1, 2018, 5:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Woolford and Hooper again had no influence on the match. We replaced them with two equally ineffective wide players. Welsh hasn't got the legs to play in a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1. We need to get back to a 4-5-1/4-3-3, impose what we want to do in a game and become effective at that. Jolley baffles me at times too. Maybe he's trying too hard to be too clever?

Bright spots..

Vernam first half
Whitmore defending
Hessenthaler again

The rest meh or below average. We are a pretty boring and frustrating side to watch..

Jolley's got a lot to prove to me, because with the players he has at his disposal, we should be playing better than this and definitely picking up more points than we have done already. We look uncohesive and all over the place. We played long ball today because there was no pattern to our play and we looked like we lack a little energy which is surprising as Jolley has prided himself on improving fitness levels within the squad.

Still relatively early days, but four good or adequate halves of football out of fourteen this season is a very disappointing start..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 80
Hagrid
September 1, 2018, 5:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Bigdog
Woolford and Hooper again had no influence on the match. We replaced them with two equally ineffective wide players. Welsh hasn't got the legs to play in a 4-4-2. We need to get back to a 4-5-1/4-3-3, impose what we want to do in a game and become effective at that. Jolley baffles me at times too. Maybe he's trying too hard to be too clever?

Bright spots..

Vernam first half
Whitmore defending
Hessenthaler again

The rest meh or below average. We are a pretty boring and frustrating side to watch..

Jolley's got a lot to prove to me, because with the players he has at his disposal, we should be playing better than this and definitely picking up more points than we have done already. We look uncohesive and all over the place. We played long ball today because there was no pattern to our play and we looked like we lack a little energy which is surprising as Jolley has prided himself on improving fitness levels within the squad.

Still relatively early days, but four good or adequate halves of football out of fourteen this season is a very disappointing start..

Woolford? The only one who looked to create anythinf? What game were you watching
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 80
moosey_club
September 1, 2018, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,293
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from dicko995
Pringle is 6ft 1 inch Maringer. He wasn't allowed to play today, but Embleton was, so why didn't MJ play him?. They are both sent out from their clubs to get game time, wont be long before they get called back for not being played, and go somewhere else. Seen it before with Slade, de ja vous images in my head, baffled.

He was due to come on just before they scored...he was stripped and ready ......a couple of minutes later Rose appeared instead.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 80
Bigdog
September 1, 2018, 5:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Hagrid

Woolford? The only one who looked to create anythinf? What game were you watching

The game today and I trust my judgement. What did he create then? Because as far as I'm concerned Vernam was the only one that created the tiny bit of attacking threat all game..

The only one who looked to create anything? What does that mean? He created f all..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 80
Hagrid
September 1, 2018, 6:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Got the ball down and played some lovely balls. That we didnt finish. Although i still think he’s better in a front 3 as displayed against lincoln. I have no clue what todays formation was
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 80
denni266
September 1, 2018, 6:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from chicaneuk

We'll never progress if we can't just give a new manager and a new squad time, before getting on their backs. It's entirely self defeating of the fanbase to shoot down the team before they've even got their footing.. so I'm hoping that the masses manage to just keep their dissatisfaction bottled up for a while longer yet. If by mid season we're seeing no real signs of progress, then I can understand folks getting discontent.

Trouble is  we are asked to do this every season and it never works out,,, come xmas  or even before we are well behind and the season is gone and are facing a relagation fight or close to it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 80
jaygy
September 1, 2018, 6:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from denni266

Trouble is  we are asked to do this every season and it never works out,,, come xmas  or even before we are well behind and the season is gone and are facing a relagation fight or close to it

Weren’t we close to the playoffs last Christmas? I don’t seem to remember facing a relegation fight at Christmas for a lot of years  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 80
Yoda
September 1, 2018, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Awful performance no threat up front look like letting goals in, midfield no creation just long ball dross.
It’s going to be a yet another tough fenty season clinging to life.
Is Morcombe a relegation six pointer already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 80
September 1, 2018, 6:15pm
Guest User
My first game of the season. Don’t manage to get to many because of coaching commitments

After a bit of early promise in the first 10+ minutes, I was then extremely disappointed with what I saw.

Started brightly with some great combination play, particularly down the right. Should have had a penalty too. But following this we resorted to a very direct style of play, which Yeovil’s height advantage was very comfortable in dealing with all day long.

Very disapointing
Reply: 28 - 80
jaygy
September 1, 2018, 6:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
First 20 minutes was excellent but then once we had a nailed on penalty denied we went into our shells and invited pressure from then on. We had no wingers to work anything around their defence so just resorted to hoofing it for their number 6 to mop up every time.

We didn’t do ourselves any favours today but booing at the end of the game is a bit harsh isn’t it?

Bright points are that cook looks very lively and I feel very comfortable with Welsh sat in front of the back 4, he breaks up a lot of play.

Disappointed but haven’t lost hope yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.