Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 234 Guests

Just Back

This thread currently has 18,484 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
September 1, 2018, 11:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from Bigdog

I played four leagues lower than Town are playing in and in all seriousness there were loads of wide players in that division that could have performed like Hooper has this season and quite a few would be ashamed of his output. Don't know what's up with him. I've watched him closely this season. He's got the heart of a mouse, as threatening as a koala bear with one arm and no teeth, the work rate of a sloth and a footballing brain the size of a pea. God knows what's up with him. It's like his heart really isn't in it. There's thousands of lads who'd love to play in League Two, they'd give their right arm to have the chance. Hooper doesn't look like he's bothered enough to put a real shift in. Maybe I'm being harsh and he's simply just not good enough. It's like we've started with 10 and a half players every week and that's just not going to get us the results or performances we require. Time for him to have a spell out of the squad and decide whether he really wants to be a pro footballer or not..

I defended Hooper last week. I can’t this week.
Reply: 50 - 80
MarshMariner
September 1, 2018, 11:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Wrong formation for me today, Welsh is not suited to a 442 formation, meaning there was little support for our front 2..  The midfield very rarely supported or ran onto the ball into the box.

Yeovil were better in the attacking third, other than that, there wasn't much difference.

Hoping the new guys can help create some chances as there is very little style or creativity looking at the team today..

Team is an improvement on last year. but I think it will take a couple more transfer windows to get us going in the right direction..  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 80
HertsGTFC
September 1, 2018, 11:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

I played four leagues lower than Town are playing in and in all seriousness there were loads of wide players in that division that could have performed like Hooper has this season and quite a few would be ashamed of his output. Don't know what's up with him. I've watched him closely this season. He's got the heart of a mouse, as threatening as a koala bear with one arm and no teeth, the work rate of a sloth and a footballing brain the size of a pea. God knows what's up with him. It's like his heart really isn't in it. There's thousands of lads who'd love to play in League Two, they'd give their right arm to have the chance. Hooper doesn't look like he's bothered enough to put a real shift in. Maybe I'm being harsh and he's simply just not good enough. It's like we've started with 10 and a half players every week and that's just not going to get us the results or performances we require. Time for him to have a spell out of the squad and decide whether he really wants to be a pro footballer or not..

Bit in bold, at least he has given himself the choice, get off his back he's been playing out of position and the fact that you played at a reasonable amateur level a number of years ago is admirable but has no relation to this situation.

BTW are you coming to games now or watching them remotely on i-player?

Get off the lads back "we're all Town aren't we"?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 80
promotion plaice
September 1, 2018, 11:24pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
We don't do comebacks do we......... genuine question.....

In how many games since MJ has been in charge have we picked up any points after going 1 down ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 80
Bigdog
September 1, 2018, 11:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Bit in bold, at least he has given himself the choice, get off his back he's been playing out of position and the fact that you played at a reasonable amateur level a number of years ago is admirable but has no relation to this situation.

BTW are you coming to games now or watching them remotely on i-player?

Get off the lads back "we're all Town aren't we"?

i-Player Herts now I've got decent internet.

I wasn't trying to big time with my reference Herts. I've played against a few league clubs competitively so I know the physical and mental differences between the two levels.

Tell me when he's beaten a man in any game this season

Tell me how many times he's been caught napping when defending

Tell me how many headers he's shitt out of or been shrugged easily off the ball

Tell me what sort of effort he put in to try and head a quality cross in at the far post today when he was favourite for the ball

Tell me how many times he's tripped or fell over when running with the ball or just ran straight into a defender

He's playing out wide because he can't play with his back to goal and he's also said on record that it's his preferred position

He's a bottler without any bravery with the ball or challenging for it

I'm not getting on his back because if he had any sense he shouldn't be reading the Fishy

And if he does why should he take any notice of a no mark like me?

I'm just a fan airing my opinions on the games I watch and wanting my team to be the best it can be

I want him to do well because he's a Town player, but this season he's let himself down, his team mates down and also us fans

We've got better than JJ Hooper to play on the left who are prepared to put a proper shift in, full stop..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 80
HertsGTFC
September 1, 2018, 11:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from promotion plaice
We don't do comebacks do we......... genuine question.....

In how many games since MJ has been in charge have we picked up any points after going 1 down ?

I must say that since MJ arrived we have been a good side in the first half of games but have been patchy in the 2nd, then again he inherited a squad low on quality and is now building for the future so still hard to assess.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 80
Northbank Mariner
September 1, 2018, 11:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Obvious statement but we lack any real height, think MJ needs to realise this is league 2  and realise very quickly, got some good players who are technically adroit but sometimes you need that Peter Crouch type player who can lump up to and win the knock downs....could be a long, long season after what appeared to be an exciting season before that first whistle blew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 80
jonnyboy82
September 1, 2018, 11:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I would rather play max wright on the left than jj hooper and i aint even seen max wright play a full game.

But its enough for me to know jj hooper is well below in anything we need. He at best is a sub when you aint got any subs.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 80
Northbank Mariner
September 1, 2018, 11:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I would rather play max wright on the left than jj hooper and i aint even seen max wright play a full game.

But its enough for me to know jj hooper is well below in anything we need. He at best is a sub when you aint got any subs.

I'm with you on this one, JJ in all honesty worked hard today but to me offers nothing of use going forward, we needed someone to get beyond their backline today and we had that, vernham ran them ragged in the first half but hooper never anticipated anything...sooner we get Thomas back the better...as per last season we are completely toothless up front..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 80
samg
September 2, 2018, 12:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Sorry for the over elaborate post but - **** knows!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.