This thread currently has 18,478 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
September 1, 2018, 6:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Like said we started off brightly Vernam playing well made some chances and was unlucky not to get a penno.

Second half WTF HAPPENED??? We just resorted to aimlessly lumping the ball high up from the back straight to there big defenders.

Macca was one of the worst culprits time after time he had the chance to set the play up with a quick throw out.

What did he do, stop wave the players up and launch a high ball straight down that big No.5/6s throats losing immediate possession and it came back with interest to an already overworked defence that needed a break.

Sooner or later this was going to cost us and so it did.

Their goal was on the cards as soon as he turned the defender a large gap between Macca near his line and the post appeared.

The goal was well taken nevertheless.

Very poor second half reminded me of the Slade bad days and the Forest green game bringing Rose on the launch yet MORE high balls into FIVE FOOT FUCKALL Clifton, Vernam and Cook were baffling, to say the least.

Did we actually win any balls aimed up front when our defenders decided to bypass midfield and go route one ???

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 80
Gaffer58
September 1, 2018, 6:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 33
Possibly Macca and the defence are nervous about playing it out from the back, feel more confident booting it into the opposition halve believing they cannot score from there, not realising if you haven't got the ball you don't score.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 80
newarkmariner
September 1, 2018, 6:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Very frustrated today,i thought we started ok but quickly ran out off ideas. The subs absolutely baffled me,we are 0-0 at home against an ok team and he makes for me 2 negative changes, ok Hooper is crap but to replace him with a left back when there is a winger on the bench is crazy, thought Woolford did ok so changing him for Clifton didn't make sense either, was MJ hoping to hang on for a draw because that's what it looked like to me,Why did he bring Rose on at 0-1 when the young lad on loan was stripped ready for action, please god I hope it wasn't for his f$cking long throws that just added a little extra sauce to the pudding that their giant no6 had been feasting on all game.
I believe MJ needs to pick a system and stick to it because this is starting to resemble Bignot bingo
with players not knowing if they are coming or going. as for the ref and we cant use him as an excuse but again we get a poor rookie ref who bottled for me a clear peno and what would have been a straight red if it was one of our players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 80
Mighty_Mariner
September 1, 2018, 6:44pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from dicko995
Pringle is 6ft 1 inch Maringer. He wasn't allowed to play today, but Embleton was, so why didn't MJ play him?. They are both sent out from their clubs to get game time, wont be long before they get called back for not being played, and go somewhere else. Seen it before with Slade, de ja vous images in my head, baffled.

You are joking right!!!!

Pringle only signed at teatime yesterday so wasn't registered in time and Embleton in a young lad who's only trained with the club once!! But already their parent clubs are gling to be concerned of lack of playing time are they?!? Are Luton and Shrewsbury worried about their players not getting enough time on the pitch too?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 80
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 1, 2018, 6:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,760
Gold Stars: 81
Agree with most comments already posted but not sure this applies to Hagrid”s support of Woolford who I thought had a poor game today.

For me 4-4-2 needs wide players who pose a threat to the opposition, must have decent pace and/or skills to beat a man and leave him floundering we simply do not have this. Even in a reasonably decent first 20 minutes Cook And Vernam were frequently far too isolated and we lacked the pace and willingness to support the front two. Whilst Hendrie did ok going forward it clearly is not something that suits Famewo who was fine defensively but not an overlapping full back in any shape or form.

Complete lack of physicality meant we were simply brushed off the ball so for me Rose will need to be included along with Thomas, Pringle left midfield Nd Sunderland lad wide right and we may look, because we would be, a different side with hopefully some of those basics covered.

As others have said most mystifying thing to day was choice of subs which from what we have read was crying out for the Sunderland lads skills on the ball.

Finally agree with Ginnywings that when oh when will we start to have a decent home record with performances that make the journey worthwhile?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 80
sydney
September 1, 2018, 6:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
seemed to expect this type of game and result, although hoped for better,  worried about our lack of pace, bite and goal scoring threat
Agree with most that we seemed clueless to unlock Yeovil other than a hoof
I still believe there are worse teams in the league than us but we need to win a couple of the remaining Sep fixtures
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 80
sam gy
September 1, 2018, 7:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
Sounds like we missed Thomas

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 80
jaygy
September 1, 2018, 7:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Regarding the subs I noticed that when Rose came on he went and stood next to Welsh and they both just looked baffled as to where each should be playing. Such a defensive change to make when we’re 1 down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 80
chaos33
September 1, 2018, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Hooper has started what...six games? Has he had a good one yet?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 80
Maringer
September 1, 2018, 8:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,643
Gold Stars: 188
Hooper was OK today. Worked hard, had one or two decent touches (Vernam should have played him through after their one-two instead of shooting). Didn't achieve anything less than our other attacking players, but he's the boo boy at present. I'm not claiming he was brilliant or anything but was OK.

I think Jolley brought on Fox for him because their big 'winger' who was good in the air (No. 16?) had moved across that side and we were theoretically moving to a back three. Fox competed decently in the air against him. The back three didn't amount to anything, of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.