This thread currently has 7,869 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
scott
April 30, 2024, 8:49pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +130
Gold Stars: 1
Good podcast. Really do enjoy listening to them and I think they was very honest. I really don't understand how people can not trust them to do right by the club.

Excited to hear that we hopefully will have some more investment/shareholders. I think it is needed to run this club long term.

I may have missed it but did they mention the training ground?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
Mappers
April 30, 2024, 8:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.40
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,614
Gold Stars: 121
Sounds like multiple investors coming on board shortly , interested to find out who they are, some with links to the Town it seems .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
Mappers
April 30, 2024, 9:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.40
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,614
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from scott
Good podcast. Really do enjoy listening to them and I think they was very honest. I really don't understand how people can not trust them to do right by the club.

Excited to hear that we hopefully will have some more investment/shareholders. I think it is needed to run this club long term.

I may have missed it but did they mention the training ground?

No mention of the new training ground mate
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
crusty ole pie
April 30, 2024, 9:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,412
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Mappers

No mention of the new training ground mate

Yes I thought that too makes you think it was one thing they were not prepared to talk about and insisted that the hosts swerved it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
Limerick Mariner
April 30, 2024, 9:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,803
Gold Stars: 139
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Yes I thought that too makes you think it was one thing they were not prepared to talk about and insisted that the hosts swerved it

Maybe linked to investors coming in?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
Mikey_345
April 30, 2024, 9:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Hi mate, can assure you it’s not and for the record never has been the case that we’ve been told to avoid a topic.

We tried to squeeze as much in as possible into a limited timeframe and we’re trying to be as creative as we could to do that. The training ground question has been covered lots before and we felt leading with a question on infrastructure, Blundell Park and any changes planned would give them a chance to say something, if anything had changed.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
Mikey_345
April 30, 2024, 9:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I thought that was really good, open, honest and the DN lads did a great job.

Owners are another level when you think about the past & what supporters of other clubs are currently enduring. Also I really like Artell’s understanding of the history & heritage of the club while trying to move it forward.

Thanks Herts, we tried our best to fit as much in as possible whilst conscious some of the topics would need abit of time otherwise you’re not learning as much by rushing it (ie data/reflections on the season). It might have worked, it might not have but hope people enjoy it anyway.

Massive thanks to Jason, Andrew and David for giving up their time tonight. They approached us wanting to arrange something and answer fans questions which tells you an awful lot about them.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
crusty ole pie
April 30, 2024, 10:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,412
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Mikey_345

Hi mate, can assure you it’s not and for the record never has been the case that we’ve been told to avoid a topic.

We tried to squeeze as much in as possible into a limited timeframe and we’re trying to be as creative as we could to do that. The training ground question has been covered lots before and we felt leading with a question on infrastructure, Blundell Park and any changes planned would give them a chance to say anything, if anything had changed.

Thankyou for your response, I thought the podcast was absolutely excellent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
moosey_club
April 30, 2024, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,336
Gold Stars: 230
As others have said.....a million miles from previous such events under previous ownership so a pleasant enough watch, informative around data , main stand improvements and the new CEO's attributes.

Also a heartfelt admission or even a plea from Jason about some of the vitriol posted and the effects it can have.. certainly made me think a little...not that i consider myself to be abusive or persistent in angry posts or criticisms but i will make a commitment that this coming season i will remind myself of the effects and as they said consider that whatever i want to write in that moment is effectively there forever so pause for thought and keep things civil.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
Mikey_345
April 30, 2024, 10:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Also a heartfelt admission or even a plea from Jason about some of the vitriol posted and the effects it can have.. certainly made me think a little...not that i consider myself to be abusive or persistent in angry posts or criticisms but i will make a commitment that this coming season i will remind myself of the effects and as they said consider that whatever i want to write in that moment is effectively there forever so pause for thought and keep things civil.

Absolutely. Have made a concerted effort myself to try not be as reactionary as that poor run of results was making me. Going early on Artell should go, wrongly, which I’ve never really done with a manager from memory bugged me a lot as being unfair.. plus a point he made in his recent interview stuck with me.

Like you, I don’t think I moved into the abuse category but definitely needed to think more before firing off a tweet. Problem is with Twitter, it’s just there to shout into the universe anything you want that you ordinarily wouldn’t do. Or get into heated arguments with people that if you were down the pub or face to face just would be a friendly debate.

Less of a problem here because by the time I’ve logged on and read through stuff I’m usually abit more chilled - definitley something we should all consider - whilst remembering criticism is absolutely fine and healthy, in the right way.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › DN35 podcast at 6pm

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.