Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Magnay
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider and 92 Guests

Magnay

This thread currently has 65,679 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc98
May 28, 2015, 11:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,060
Gold Stars: 68
Player who spends one season at a club kissing the badge, tells us we're the best club outside the championship leaves. Shocker. Didn't see that one coming.

Move on.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 357
Sigone
May 29, 2015, 5:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Sigone
Pearson will re-sign. Trust me

I always had faith  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 357
Cod Cheeks
May 29, 2015, 8:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Thank you Big K
Obviously you letting it out of the bag about Pearson pay cut forced Fenty into a U turn and offer him a better deal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 357
HertsGTFC
May 29, 2015, 8:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Think the interview was part of an exit strategy designed not to make him look like the bad guy............Not sure why he did it TBH.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 357
AdamHaddock
May 29, 2015, 11:30pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,834
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yes. Thanks WLM - I just couldn't be arsed to find a pic of Sladeisace.  

Forget Sladeisace

We've now got Hurstiserse

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 357
Les Brechin
May 30, 2015, 9:03am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,716
Gold Stars: 174
Everything in place for Carl to sign if he really wants to be a Grimsby Town player again next season according to PH in the paper today.

Quoted Text
PAUL Hurst says if Carl Magnay genuinely wants to be a Grimsby Town player next season, everything is in place for him to do so.

After seeing nine of the 12 players who were offered new contracts sign up, the Mariners boss is working hard to convince Magnay (left) and Toto Nsiala to do the same.

Magnay has this week spoken publicly of his concerns about his offer to stay at Blundell Park, but speaking to the Telegraph, Hurst says the club is 'moving forward' in attempting to resolve those issues.

"We're trying with Carl," he said. "He's obviously made public some of his concerns and we're trying to appease those.

"What I can't do is say who our signings are going to be, where they're coming from and where they're going to live. I'm not going to make any false promises – that's not how I work.

"But we've certainly moved forward in terms of trying to help ease some of Carl's concerns.

"My honest view is that if he genuinely wants to be at this football club, then he can be.

"There are some issues and concerns to address, but ultimately, the deal that he's been offered is a good one and we can sort everything else out.

"If he hand on heart wants to play for this football club, he'll re-sign.

"If he doesn't, then he'll leave with our best wishes and a very high and warm rapport with the fans.

"The opportunity for him to stay is there if he wants to stay."

"With Toto, I need to catch up with him because he went away on holiday very quickly after the final.

"I want him here, make no bones about it.

"His situation is one where, given his age and that he's been offered a deal, the club slightly has the upper hand, which makes a nice change in truth.

"For him to leave, it would take a team who's willing to pay a fee or risk going through a tribunal, unless he's moving abroad and so the ball is in Toto's court.

"But from the season that he's had, he'll now that he's improved and, with the environment we've created here, he'd be in a good place. I hope that's how he sees things and that he's happy to stay.

"He'd be another major part of this squad."

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 357
BIGChris
May 30, 2015, 9:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Firstly want to say I really want Magnay to stay.

I don't particularly like the negotiation by media. When that happens I don't think it will end well.

By going public I think Carl was paving the way to move on. PH has called his bluff in a way by saying improved terms have been offered and that the club are flexible to sorting out his issues.

The ball is now in Carl's court and I'd stress again I want him to stay but if he chooses to move on then so be it. We will cope!

The statement on here a few days ago is so true; "The badge on the front of the shirt is much more important than the name on the back"
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 357
MeanwoodMariner
May 30, 2015, 10:17am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from BIGChris

By going public I think Carl was paving the way to move on.

I read it slightly differently. The travelling costs are not insignificant so why not try to get the club to cover them? The worst that can happen is they say no. I've no doubt that one or two other clubs are interested in him so that's in his favour and it makes sense for him to point it out. All just part of the negotiating. Hurst has now said the club have listened and the best offer he's going to get is on the table, take it or leave it.

I think the way Carl has made himself popular shows that he quite a shrewd chap. That's not to say he's false, I honestly think he loved it last season, but I think he made sure that people saw his best side. I think these negotiations are just the actions of a man with his head screwed on and who is playing the cards he's got well.

I think it's fair to say Hurst isn't daft either. His "if he truly wants to stay" remark puts the ball well and truly back in Carl's court and takes the pressure off the club should the POTY not re-sign.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 357
Rick12
May 30, 2015, 10:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from BIGChris

The statement on here a few days ago is so true; "The badge on the front of the shirt is much more important than the name on the back"
Fans make the club players don't. Hence why I have so much respect and love for everyone attached to the club. Keeping it real as opposed to supporting the glamour boys eg Man Utd and the like. Says something about the person as well when you follow a team based on allegiance of some sort and locality  as opposed to wanting to be associated with success at the top.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 357
wigworld
May 30, 2015, 10:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I'm not sure he'll remain such a fans favourite if he does stay. Certainly for me, this negotiating through the media doesn't make me think highly of him at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 209 - 357
36 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Magnay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.