This thread currently has 17,215 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
August 29, 2015, 6:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Well said oldun and I agree wholeheartedly Healingley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 105
Mrs Doyle
August 29, 2015, 6:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
One thing this side has in spades is bags of character we kept at them even when down to ten men. We need the thing everybody needs at any level a bit of luck. Our fans were absolutely magnificent today.Josh owes a few apologies me thinks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 105
Balthazar Bullitt
August 29, 2015, 6:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Much improved performance from last week and should have been 2 up in the first five minutes. As someone has said elsewhere I don't think luck is on our side at the minute but that will change. Good to see us keeping the ball on the floor a lot more and switching it from side to side. Only criticism is that we could do this quicker across the back four. Thought Dizza was excellent today and can't say I was too unhappy in him getting a yellow for scraping his studs down Rhead's achilles - quid illud circuit venit circum as Vinny Jones used to say. Didn't see the Gowling incident but as alluded to above it seems like he's reacted to something which for a guy like him is pretty stupid. The back four looked a lot more stable even with the enforced change and nice to see us covering the back post!
I think the sending off may have worked against Lincoln as the extra time and space it gave them seemed to confuse them into thinking they could play football rather than just hoofing it up to fat boy.
Bogle's goal shows he is a natural finisher, connected beautifully and curled it right into the corner. Still has work to do on his decision making but more games will see that improve. Amond and Arnold ran they're socks off and won balls they never got near last week.
Very unlucky not to take all three points in the end - not sure how their keeper kept Dizza's effort out late on.
Crowd was excellent - I think there were some Lincoln fans their as well so well done to them for turning up knowing you have to watch that long ball shite every week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 105
barralad
August 29, 2015, 7:04pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,296
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from chaos33
I agree with Ginny, as usual.

A positive to get a result when going down to 10 men, but it's the same old problems and excuses - wasted chances, individual errors, poor refereeing, failing to beat average to poor teams and falling behind the leaders who have won every game and barely conceded a goal. Sometimes we seem to learn nothing season on season. Our fantastic support deserves the kind of levels being shown by FGR, Eastleigh and Wrexham. 6 games in and generally speaking, not good enough. No getting away from that.

Very disappointing to be this far behind the leaders and it is already starting to look like yet another play off chase.

Mixed emotions, but mostly p1ssed off.

Well I class myself of being a part of the "Fantastic Support" and I'm quite happy with the way things have gone today given the circumstances. I don't know if you were there or not but I'm struggling to see which part of today wasn't good enough. You simply cannot legislate for decisions like the sending off (although I'll readily concede I expected more nous from Gowling). The reception the gallant 10 men received at the end suggests that I'm not alone in my thoughts

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 105
mariner tommy
August 29, 2015, 7:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt
Much improved performance from last week and should have been 2 up in the first five minutes. As someone has said elsewhere I don't think luck is on our side at the minute but that will change. Good to see us keeping the ball on the floor a lot more and switching it from side to side. Only criticism is that we could do this quicker across the back four. Thought Dizza was excellent today and can't say I was too unhappy in him getting a yellow for scraping his studs down Rhead's achilles - quid illud circuit venit circum as Vinny Jones used to say. Didn't see the Gowling incident but as alluded to above it seems like he's reacted to something which for a guy like him is pretty stupid. The back four looked a lot more stable even with the enforced change and nice to see us covering the back post!
I think the sending off may have worked against Lincoln as the extra time and space it gave them seemed to confuse them into thinking they could play football rather than just hoofing it up to fat boy.
Bogle's goal shows he is a natural finisher, connected beautifully and curled it right into the corner. Still has work to do on his decision making but more games will see that improve. Amond and Arnold ran they're socks off and won balls they never got near last week.
Very unlucky not to take all three points in the end - not sure how their keeper kept Dizza's effort out late on.
Crowd was excellent - I think there were some Lincoln fans their as well so well done to them for turning up knowing you have to watch that long ball shite every week.

Great write up, and some good turns of phrase !!.
Made me chuckle !

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 105
barralad
August 29, 2015, 7:09pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,296
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I have heard it all now.

Talk about clutching at straws.

I must say some "losers" on here are either deluded or have a very boring life to say being tenth in non league is entertaining.

Yeah fair point...we could all just sit behind a keyboard and get our entertainment from slagging off people we don't agree with.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 105
Perkins
August 29, 2015, 7:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Lions v Donkeys. Strength of character showed today. Team selection about right, and good on Hurst for keeping two strikers on after the sending off, which was a joke in itself. Bogles goal was superb piece of skill, and Disley was very unlucky not to nick it late on., No complaints about the way we played today, Lincoln were very ordinary and I certainly wouldn't want to watch that week after week. Probably a few changes for Monday as I guess nearly all players will be knackered after that effort today.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 105
jonnyboy82
August 29, 2015, 7:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Do your homework barra.

The "slagging off" always always comes from the happy clappers first  

As for sitting behind a keyboard i have been to enough matches this season to qualify an opinion.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 105
oldludensian
August 29, 2015, 7:16pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Thought we were brilliant today, joke sending off!! Great brave tactic from Hurst to leave two up top and we battered them with 10 men. Have to laugh at the losers who have sat at home and slagged off a really gutsy performance, we have a team that is entertaining and well worth watching, some folk should give it a go 😉

This ^^

Well said, that man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 105
nickmariners
August 29, 2015, 7:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I have heard it all now.

Talk about clutching at straws.

I must say some "losers" on here are either deluded or have a very boring life to say being tenth in non league is entertaining.

Yeah, but -- today's match WAS entertaining, and it was a great performance.  I'm glad I went and supported my team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.