This thread currently has 17,223 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
August 29, 2015, 7:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,557
Gold Stars: 174
Why do people feed the trolls? The rational thinkers amongst us will know a draw from 1-0 down with an hour with ten men is a good result.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 105
barralad
August 29, 2015, 7:24pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
I got my wish of seeing the back four that finished the Torquay game being the one which started today. I don't think I've ever seen Robertson get forward so much so often since he's been at Town. East could be a real find this season-bags of energy and the ability to pick a pass/make a decent cross. Hurst deserves massive credit for the way he approached the task after the sending off. To keep two up top was a master stroke. What will be of great benefit to us over the season is the strength in depth we have in key positions. Toto slotted comfortably into the back four and for me barely put a foot wrong. We were saying at the start of the second half that Bogle looked a little casual and that Pittman would be a better bet and then the lad pops up with a fantastic goal..you cannot coach that sort of skill in my opinion. I was one of the 500 or so who actually thought that Disley's half volley had gone in. If it hadn't been for Farman Town would have been out of sight.
This team WILL come good. The spirit is there in spades and the football being played is at times exactly what I want to see from a Town team.
Must admit to feeling quite pleased when I saw Hearn wasn't playing. Having witnessed the way Rhead plays you can see the two of them being a pretty prolific partnership. Having said that I'd hate to watch Lincoln every week..they couldn't even keep the ball when they were trying to run us into the ground.
Both sets of fans were absolutely superb around the minutes silence...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 105
barralad
August 29, 2015, 7:29pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Do your homework barra.

The "slagging off" always always comes from the happy clappers first  

As for sitting behind a keyboard i have been to enough matches this season to qualify an opinion.

I'm not particularly fussed about matches you've been to but IF you were there today I'd be interested in your opinion about what exactly wasn't entertaining about the way the team played today given the circumstances. Perhaps it's just me but I don't necessarily just consider myself to only have been entertained if we win...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 105
chaos33
August 29, 2015, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from barralad

Well I class myself of being a part of the "Fantastic Support" and I'm quite happy with the way things have gone today given the circumstances. I don't know if you were there or not but I'm struggling to see which part of today wasn't good enough. You simply cannot legislate for decisions like the sending off (although I'll readily concede I expected more nous from Gowling). The reception the gallant 10 men received at the end suggests that I'm not alone in my thoughts

It should be fairly self evident what I mean Barra, after six games, two wins and a league position of 10th. I wasn't there today and would in no way slag off the performance, which was evidently fantastic, even if the result against yet another middling to poor team wasn't great. I'm talking about the overall position after six games and the fact that we talk about the same things season after season. No getting away from the fact that, once again, we are also talking about individual errors costing us, as well as not taking chances - an all too familiar tale.

Losers make excuses, and every dropped point this season so far has seen a fair share. I just wish our results would speak for themselves, just like FGR's, Eastleigh's, Wrexhams etc.
I'm sure we'll come good and climb into the promotion race, but losing so much ground on the leaders after such a short time is a a big worry IMO, especially as they are just crushing every opponent without trouble (and without having to find excuses).

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 105
jonnyboy82
August 29, 2015, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Yes its just you.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 105
August 29, 2015, 7:41pm
Guest User
Wasn't there today. Feared the worst after the 30th minute. Sounds like another great fight back.

Will be back on Monday. Still enjoying this season more than I have in years. Still believe they'll go on a run and get the results they deserve.

UTM
Reply: 35 - 105
BIGChris
August 29, 2015, 7:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Season is over!
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 105
barralad
August 29, 2015, 8:02pm
Mariners Trust

Quoted from jonnyboy82
Yes its just you.

Fair enough I'm glad I have the ability to accept that my team-even with the money raised by Operation Promotion-aren't going to win every match. It makes it so much easier for me to come on here and laugh out loud at you...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 105
denni266
August 29, 2015, 8:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
keep seeing the phrase  entertaining..mmmmmm    does that get you promoted ??????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 105
davmariner
August 29, 2015, 8:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Just back myself. Was sat in the Lincoln end unfortunately, but the incident was in my line of sight. Clear red card I'm afraid and let us down by reacting to that fat tw@t Rhead. Was a clear push in the face.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.