barralad
August 29, 2015, 10:35pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,296
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Brazilnut

Football a game of opinions ....was sat in the Echo stand the lad behind me a lincoln fan said to his mate near end of first half " that big black lad (his words) up front hasnt put a foot wrong he wont be at this team for long !!!!!!

everyone sees things different .........

Got exactly the same response from two Lincoln fans walking back to our respective cars.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 105
headingly_mariner
August 29, 2015, 10:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,392
Gold Stars: 120
I do suppose that being entertained is more of a priority if you actually attend the game. I echo the thoughts on Disley, he was excellent. Thought Bogle showed some real quality and some inexperience on occasions but I'm convinced will sell him on for a big fee eventually.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 105
cmackenzie4
August 29, 2015, 11:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from barralad

Pop into the Trust Bar before any home game I'm always in there. Mind you if you look like B.A. Baracus then I might have to beat a retreat or agree to meet you on a plane. I was hoping to meet you at the great sausage insertion "funday" but it seems like that isn't going to happen now..By the way I don't live in Barrow. The username is a reference to a job I had as a student down dock 40 odd years ago when we still had a fishing industry..

I use to be a barralad too Ian on the pontoon 30 years ago (Rodgers and wignal) I think that's how it was spelt.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 105
RichMariner
August 30, 2015, 1:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,145
Gold Stars: 209
A word for McKeown too, who's made a couple of errors this season. Thought he made a couple of important saves when called upon. Hopefully that's him back on form.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 73 - 105
Daz460
August 30, 2015, 1:25am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
Quoted from gb
Sorry mariner16 but clay has been class all pre season one poor game at Altrincham and dropped for Robinson who for me offers nothing. He scored an og last week because he couldn't get of the ground he was that unfit he was blowing after 5 mins. He doesn't come looking for the ball enough and shouldn't be in the team!

He doesn't come looking for the ball enough and shouldn't be in the team!
Many said the same of Clay last year, let's give him more time!

Referee, have a word with yourself!! 😦
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 105
gb
August 30, 2015, 7:35am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +36
I'm not saying he couldn't be good or a useful addition from the bench but ge shouldn't be in the team! Clay is better he's a permanent member if the squad and dropped for someone on loan who isn't up to the pace/job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 105
Garth
August 30, 2015, 8:17am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 26
Thing is Robinson will start Monday alongside Clay IMO, I think all of the bench will start due to the effort put in by the ten men warriors
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 105
TAGG
August 30, 2015, 8:18am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from RichMariner
A word for McKeown too, who's made a couple of errors this season. Thought he made a couple of important saves when called upon. Hopefully that's him back on form.

Hurst is always banging on about competition for places but never gets anyone in to push McKeown, why is this???
He has gone from being the top keeper in non-league to being an also ran since Croudson left IMO

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 105
ska face
August 30, 2015, 8:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,750
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from RichMariner

Agree with this. Just watched the highlights on MP and I'd forgotten how well McKeown did in the second half, making a few very good saves, his distribution was great throughout and made the right decisions when Lincoln were pumping throws and dead balls into the box. Great to see after a few shaky games.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 105
barralad
August 30, 2015, 8:29am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,296
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from TAGG

Hurst is always banging on about competition for places but never gets anyone in to push McKeown, why is this???
He has gone from being the top keeper in non-league to being an also ran since Croudson left IMO

I think it is a luxury Hurst cannot afford. Personally I'd rather what money we have is spent on providing competition at the other end of the pitch. It's not like you would regularly make a substitution of a goalkeeper during a match. Town like most other teams assess the risks of not even having a keeper on the bench and find it worth doing. It's a lot of money to spend to keep one of your keepers in the reserves. I suspect that particularly with the keeper role managers make a judgement call pre-season of all or nothing. Hurst has obviously decided McKeown is up to the task and apart from the odd error it is difficult to disagree. He was very good yesterday IMO.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 105
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.