barralad
October 6, 2015, 3:59pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from grimsby pete

Ian do you remember sitting next to me at Braintree when we lost 5-0 ?

You shouted at John Fenty telling him this was unacceptable,

You showed a total lack of self restraint and showed me up,
While I just sat there being a good supporter  

Much better to spout off on here than to the man that funds the club don't you think ?

You are  TRUST member now so you have turned full circle and defend the manager at every opportunity ,

I feel better now I have got that off my chest,

At the end of  the day we all want Town to be successful ,

If we are promoted then the manger will stay until a better offer comes along.

It's only us die hard supporters that are Town for life..

It was unacceptable!! If Id have thought that being a Trust Board member precluded me from having a personal view Id have resigned ages ago. You make far too many assumptions really. If you actually read what I write you'd see that I don't defend the manager at every opportunity. I will feel free to defend him against the ridiculous assertion that he should be anywhere near the sack in October and I'll probably stick with that belief rather than change my mind after every win/defeat/draw.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 115
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 6, 2015, 4:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Maringer
But they aren't instructions, are they? Hurst has repeatedly (over the past few seasons) said he wants the ball to be passed more, but it is the players who tend to whack it long too often.

I think that is a very long way from the truth. Any manager worth his salt would drop/transfer/bollock players who did not do as they are told. So either Hurst has told them to pass more and they disobeyed him, or he told them to kick it long and there's a few fibs being told to the media.

The evidence is on the pitch. The ball is played long unless there is an easy passing opportunity (not the other way round) which is why he wants a striker who can play with his back to goal at the half way line. That's why the team struggles against any side that closes them down - no easy passing opportunities so - bang - up to the Wall.

If the manager really meant them to play differently, they would be playing differently.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 115
rancido
October 6, 2015, 4:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So if Disley or Clay gets injured during the course of tomorrow's game and under the assumption that Brown is not yet fit, who would you replace them with?

But that isn't the same as starting with East in centre mid is it ? Why try an unknown possibility in place of a known definite?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 115
nightrider
October 6, 2015, 4:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
“Good managers make good sides. There’s no such thing as a side making a manager”

Paul Hurst tells them to hoof it long - they've done the same thing since he took the job.
LJL was made for Paul Hurst and Paul Hurst was made for LJL

If they don't listen to him about hoofing it down the middle, what hope have we got with anything else

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 115
arryarryarry
October 6, 2015, 4:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from DickBarton

Thanks Mr Fenty for your insightful comment, much appreciated.
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 115
Hagrid
October 6, 2015, 4:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
we lost 5-0 that night pete, ive never seen town fans so angry. I walked away devastated by what I saw. Everyone had right to shout at the players and management that night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 115
1mickylyons
October 6, 2015, 5:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Hagrid
we lost 5-0 that night pete, ive never seen town fans so angry. I walked away devastated by what I saw. Everyone had right to shout at the players and management that night

Without doubt the most shameful capitulation I have ever witnessed from a Town side if the fans had of strung Fenty up from the floodlights it would not have been an over reaction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 115
barralad
October 6, 2015, 6:42pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from arryarryarry

Thanks Mr Fenty for your insightful comment, much appreciated.

Although it makes for a good story I can assure you that Mr Barton is not Mr Fenty!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 115
cardiffmariner
October 6, 2015, 6:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from barralad

It was unacceptable!! If Id have thought that being a Trust Board member precluded me from having a personal view Id have resigned ages ago. You make far too many assumptions really. If you actually read what I write you'd see that I don't defend the manager at every opportunity. I will feel free to defend him against the ridiculous assertion that he should be anywhere near the sack in October and I'll probably stick with that belief rather than change my mind after every win/defeat/draw.

But its got nothing to do with it being October. From what I have read it is very much to do with what some posters feel he has/hasn't done over the last four years and the level of progression in that time.

Valid arguments I'd say. Dare I draw a comparison to what has just happened to Brendan Rodgers? ?(apologies if this has been discussed on the Rodgers thread, couldn't be arsed to read it!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › One hundred and ten large

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.