Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I wonder who the mystery investor is?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 123 Guests

I wonder who the mystery investor is?

This thread currently has 30,868 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
December 2, 2015, 3:23pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 199

Anyone remember that shop that relocated to Newport..........

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 165
scoregasm
December 2, 2015, 5:37pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +148
Quoted from ackomariner

What was the hotel called opposite side of the road to Loftus toy shop?

Humberside hotel

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 165
KingstonMariner
December 2, 2015, 11:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I'd completely forgotten about Normans.

Amazing how many toyshops there were around. What do kids do these days?

Think Hewins has gone now? Although that fits more into the model shop category like Loftus. For boys of all ages.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 165
arryarryarry
December 2, 2015, 11:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I'd completely forgotten about Normans.

Amazing how many toyshops there were around. What do kids do these days?

Think Hewins has gone now? Although that fits more into the model shop category like Loftus. For boys of all ages.

They get an Xbox or PS4 and they never leave their bedrooms.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 165
Sigone
December 2, 2015, 11:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Board games are making a bit of a comeback though..Have you seen the complexity of them, not just shake a dice and move round the board now.  I've just played 'settlers of catan' and loved every minute of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 165
KingstonMariner
December 3, 2015, 1:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Sigone
Board games are making a bit of a comeback though..Have you seen the complexity of them, not just shake a dice and move round the board now.  I've just played 'settlers of catan' and loved every minute of it.

There are some complex ones around. Sad geek that I am, I like this http://www.histogame.de/e_maria.html  but I can only find 2 other people willing to play it and they're 200 miles apart (you really need min 3 to play it).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 165
ackomariner
December 3, 2015, 2:13pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from scoregasm
Humberside hotel

Thx for that  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 165
Mrs Doyle
December 3, 2015, 4:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
it does not matter who the mystery investor is because we will NEVER get permission to build the darn thing EVER.

More stalling tactics by our useless councilors.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....22-detail/story.html
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 165
dapperz fun pub
December 3, 2015, 5:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,963
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
it does not matter who the mystery investor is because we will NEVER get permission to build the darn thing EVER.

More stalling tactics by our useless councilors.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....22-detail/story.html

Sadly I agree we have a backward thinking council who couldn't get the block paving right outside of gy train station. It's all about their personal agendas IMO not about the long term good of the town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 165
Rik e B
December 3, 2015, 6:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I disagree, seems the council are put on a lot of work and doing their due diligence on where is best for the borough after being persuaded a community stadium would be of benefit.

On the other side Fenty with his insistence on Peaks Parkway so houses can be built around doesn't sit right with me... does he stand to be able to claim back his benign loans from this? You put your money into a football club you shouldn't expect it back (unless a Premier giant), it's a labour of love.

Yesterday's Cod Almighty diary put this brilliantly:

Quoted Text
  Fenty is a well-intentioned fan, living the dream of having the wealth to play a part in the fortunes of his team. In this respect, I salute him for putting his own money into the club. This is the point where the sympathy ends. Sorry John, but if your decisions directly increased the club's debt, that's your debt. The paid-up contracts, the sackings, the relegation. You're out of pocket, we're out of our minds. There comes a point when you've got to write it off. Your investment can go down as well as up, and all that.

Unfortunately – and perhaps unsurprisingly given his track record – he doesn't see it like this. The majority shareholder has ruled out all other stadium options and is set on Peaks Parkway. This isn't Neil Woods/Mike Newell vote of confidence certain. This is completely and utterly, hands-over-ears, Russ-is-never-worth-that certain. He says "common sense" rules out everywhere but Peaks Parkway.

Amid repeated mentions of "site masterplans", one master plan is apparent. One that enables the club to pay back £4million and some poxy mystery developer to afford another ivory back scratcher. The fans? We'll be left with a skip on a by-pass surrounded by concrete naffness while the town centre rots and the rest of GY along with it.

Politicians know that most of the electorate are lazy arses who don't want to think about complexity, to use their brain to make an informed choice. So they boil it all down to a couple of high-stakes, fear-inducing headline choices. Do you really want them immigrunts coming over stealing your benefits? Are you a terrorist sympathiser who wants to blow us up?

The club has done this with the stadium – do you want the club to survive? They don't need to provide most of the punters with the facts to back it up – hearing that question from a man in a nice suit is enough for the majority. In a moment of weakness I answered the club's rallying call last year and went with the trust party whip. All off a sudden we're told that 86 per cent want Peaks Parkway. You can uncount me now that we've seen the full facts.

Some might argue that Fenty has kept us afloat and he's entitled to favour the project that will get his cash back. I don't agree. The fans and the club's 137 years deserve a stadium built through a transparent process where the best site is picked for the right long-term reasons.

It's time for everyone concerned to do what's best for the long-term future of the club and the real community that it belongs to. Give the other sites a fair crack and ensure all funding options are fully examined. Identify every FSIF, EU, council, government, Young's Dockside Arena and supporter penny. For example, I haven't got it in my wallet (or my bank account for that matter) but I'd commit £1,000 a year for a season ticket for 10 years. Could we find another 1,000 loons willing to do the same? That's 10 million quid and we're halfway there. Crazy talk... but have we asked the question? There are other ways to do it (as Rapid Wien have found).

And I've said it before and will probably say it again – look at FC United. See if you can find "enabling development" in their stadium funding.

Luckily we have the trust and our two places on the board. They have toed the Peaks Parkway line to date, but I believe in the trust. Dave and Jon are our voices in the boardroom and if we shout loud enough long enough, the rest of the board will eventually have to listen.

Hope they don't mind me quoting

It's a viewpoint I've long held but kept my gob shut as I just want a new stadium but right now amazingly I'm liking the sounds coming from the council over our esteemed leader. I've always thought their viewpoints a tad harsh buy bang on what they been saying about the stadium.

I've alway stuck up for Fenty but I wonder what kind of hissy  fit he would throw if the council decided another plot in everybody's best interest? COMMUNITY Stadium remember...

A stadium on a tranquil edge of town with a new housing estate round it (sought after area -kerching), next to the crematorium on green fields when we could be regenerating somewhere and building a legacy to be proud of -no brainer for me.

Freeman Street is too big a project for me but the idea of Garth Lane 'Dockside Stadium' is awe inspiring, the stands looking over the Freshney and the Docks with the Fishing Heritage Centre close by. Lots of pubs close by, would revive the area and what a better match day experience walking along the riverside etc etc

The old buildings where the Tap and Spile is was could be renovated as part and bring a great historic element. Alexandra retail park, looking a bit jaded could be used a car park overfill and perhaps some of those tenants moved into the stands with their old units bulldozed to create more space?

People argue about access but things will be chokka for ten minutes after a game wherever it is. You can't say the one junction coming out of PP will be any less hell than any of the other sites.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 165
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I wonder who the mystery investor is?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.