Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I wonder who the mystery investor is?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 207 Guests

I wonder who the mystery investor is?

This thread currently has 30,844 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 10, 2015, 9:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Rik e B
Nandos please!

[img]https://media3.giphy.com/media/4pnTXbttpAdC8/giphy.gif[/img]

As mentioned by myself before, it will take a LONG time for nandos to open in Grimsby

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 165
ginnywings
December 10, 2015, 9:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Nandos is just fancy chicken.

A proper chippy would be great, preferably run by the club.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 165
Maringer
December 11, 2015, 10:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,509
Gold Stars: 185
I've only been to a Nandos once. It was possibly some of the worst-cooked chicken I've ever eaten. Bloody awful place.

On the other hand, the Italian chains such as Pizza Express and Prezzo aren't bad generally. Surprised we don't have one of those in the area already, truth be told. Proper pizza available from those places unlike fast food Pizza Hut.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 165
Grantley
December 11, 2015, 11:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Prezzo and Pizza express are average pizzas made to look posh. Agree with ginny that a club run chip shop similar to Harry Ramsdens (but a lot better) would go down really well.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 165
Mrbump53
December 11, 2015, 11:46am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
As I posted in November on one of the previous threads the current sites being considered were evaluated against the council's criteria including size for stadium, minimum number of parking spaces, transport links, access to stadium, community requirements (additional sports and educational facilities) etc.

Of all the sites considered freeman street was rated poor on a number of them hence the reason it came out so low on the list. For a start the area available is not big enough for the stadium and sufficient car parking so ranked very low but the council see potential income from regeneration schemes that they would not have to commit money to invest in the area themselves and therefore meet their cost savings.

Great coates was ruled out due to lack of transport and roads around the area would not be able to cope as nearly all the traffic would be going through Grimsby. The docks would require a significant amount of work assuming that the land would be released and again site access and transport was an issue (traffic backing onto major routes causing disruption).

Not one site ticked every single box but the highest scoring site using the council's criteria and weighting was Peaks Parkway!. Committing more money on another survey using the same (or very similar criteria) is likely to come out with the same result. Lets just make a decision so the process can go forward with detailed design and planning being applied for. Then I might see this happen before the end of my lifetime!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 165
dapperz fun pub
December 11, 2015, 11:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,935
Gold Stars: 82
Just Fukn build it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 165
barralad
December 11, 2015, 2:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Grantley
Prezzo and Pizza express are average pizzas made to look posh. Agree with ginny that a club run chip shop similar to Harry Ramsdens (but a lot better) would go down really well.

Didn't we have one of the national pizza chains in the Brighowgate/Wellowgate area which closed down? I think it is an Indian restaurant now.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 165
MuddyWaters
December 11, 2015, 3:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Grantley

Prezzo far superior to Pizza Express as is Ask. Just my opinion mind.
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 165
Rik e B
December 11, 2015, 4:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I've never tried Nandos but love chicken and thought it must be great. There's no Frankie & Bennies, TFI Fridays or anything like that in GY. A couple of restaurants of that ilk around the ground would make it a cool destination.

An indoor climbing wall etc another idea to make the place a good destination for a day out for families but can't see it going that far. Wouldn't be hard to incorporate though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 165
arryarryarry
December 11, 2015, 11:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rik e B

An indoor climbing wall etc another idea to make the place a good destination for a day out for families but can't see it going that far. Wouldn't be hard to incorporate though.

A bit like the walls we used to climb over at the back of the Barratt stand when we changed ends at half time?

Private Message
Reply: 159 - 165
17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I wonder who the mystery investor is?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.