Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I wonder who the mystery investor is?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 122 Guests

I wonder who the mystery investor is?

This thread currently has 30,858 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Bristol Mariner
December 1, 2015, 6:05pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Sponsored the shirts 84 - 85

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 165
KingstonMariner
December 1, 2015, 6:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad

Being a bit older than you(I'd guess) the highlight of Freemo was definitely a milkshake sat at the "bar" in Woolies. We spent an insane amount of time at Mad Harry's but not nearly enough at the stall which sold broken biscuits.😥

I always thought those broken biscuits didn't taste quite right. But then I was a picky kid. (whaddya mean I still am   )

Vaguely remember the milkshake bar in the late 60s. Older sisters used to go there.

Completely off track of the thread now but I remember a toy shop down Cleethorpe Road (corner of Albion St?) and another shop (some sort of department store - not Lawson and Stockade) further down on the opposite side. IIRC. Used to get taken there when my grandad came home from sea in the run - up to Christmas.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 165
A.l.f.
December 1, 2015, 6:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I always thought those broken biscuits didn't taste quite right. But then I was a picky kid. (whaddya mean I still am   )

Vaguely remember the milkshake bar in the late 60s. Older sisters used to go there.

Completely off track of the thread now but I remember a toy shop down Cleethorpe Road (corner of Albion St?) and another shop (some sort of department store - not Lawson and Stockade) further down on the opposite side. IIRC. Used to get taken there when my grandad came home from sea in the run - up to Christmas.

Think you mean Whitby's toys where Elegant Lighting is next to the Albion and do you mean Craske & Smith that sold school uniforms etc?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 165
jock dock tower
December 1, 2015, 6:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Wilson's down Alexander Road on the sea fornt was my favourite toy shop in the 60's.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 165
CockneyMariner
December 1, 2015, 7:57pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +17
Having dissected the announcement at AGM and the board's total commitment to Peakes Parkway, and the outline plans that they have had drawn up, I definitely think the enabling development is a housing development. (Perhaps with some retail thrown in if they can get it - but that will be extra fluff on top). So Freeman Street, Garth Lane, Europarc won't work for them. Given that, I'd rule out Ramsdem. (Also NISA generally supply/franchise small convenience stores - not big supermarkets). So think house builders / developers who may be interested. And who have the money. I have a hunch it's Redrow as I said previously.
After trying to buy Liverpool, Steve Morgan settled for Wolves. Bought it for £1 on the condition he invested £30 million. Which he did. And more. But the club didn't progress and he took a lot of stick from the fans for not getting them back in to the Premiership. He apparently had a bust up with Wolves supporters outside Molineux saying " So how much do you expect me to invest?"
Imagine that if you want to be involved in football - your business will also gain from any association - and for a relatively small additional investment you are almost certain to see the club progress significantly - then I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. There again, I'm probably wrong!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 165
chelseacity
December 1, 2015, 8:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
Anyone remember Samuels Bazaar on the high Street where all the pubs are, when we went in he (Mr Samuel i presume) followed us around like a hawk watching  it's  prey, so we went to Wilson's Bazaar instead which was much more relaxed shopping, though i was only 9/10 at the time, or Woolies which is now the new Wetherspoons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 165
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 1, 2015, 8:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178
Woolies is now something like boyes isn't it?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 165
promotion plaice
December 1, 2015, 8:24pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,079
Gold Stars: 198
Woolies moved across the road from Wetherspoons to where Boyes is now I think.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 165
KingstonMariner
December 1, 2015, 9:13pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from A.l.f.

Think you mean Whitby's toys where Elegant Lighting is next to the Albion and do you mean Craske & Smith that sold school uniforms etc?

Yeah Whitby's. Crake and Smith is the other one - old fashioned wooden drawers. Had it in my head they did toys as well but I might be mixing it up with Rammies.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 165
KingstonMariner
December 1, 2015, 9:16pm
Meths Drinker
Good call Cockney.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 165
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I wonder who the mystery investor is?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.