11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
blasty
February 13, 2016, 9:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +227
Quoted from ginnywings
For what it's worth, losing Townsend was the biggest blow because he was the reason for that good run anyway, not Clay or Nolan.

Agree wholeheartedly. Although again my point was more about the message to the players and impact on morale of the change than the change of personnel and improvement or not in what they bring to the party.

Tinkering for tinkerings sake
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 103
ginnywings
February 13, 2016, 9:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from blasty

Agree wholeheartedly. Although again my point was more about the message to the players and impact on morale of the change than the change of personnel and improvement or not in what they bring to the party.

Tinkering for tinkerings sake

I get your point but i'm not one who thinks Hurst is that much of a tinkerer really, or that it should affect the side too much if he does. All managers tweak the team as the season progresses but some are better at it then others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 103
HertsGTFC
February 13, 2016, 9:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Just got in after 3 hours in the car and I still can't believe how bad we where. Conditions where poor but they often are at BP so no surprises there. Also no surprises that we could not break down a team playing 4 - 1 - 4 -1 (well done Borehamwood for doing their home work) no surprises that we did not change the shape.

No surprises that it was not going well before half time and still no changes till 60 odd minutes. No surprises that we drop Bogle who caused them lets of problems earlier in the year at their place, no surprises that both central mid field players never took control of the game but stayed on.

No surprises that JP played so far away from his strike partner that their link play was non existent unlike when Podge & Omar play together. No surprises that the manager broke up a strike partnership that has yielded 36 goals in the league this year, no offence to JP though as I think he's a good guy.

No surprises that on this day last year we had a disappointing result losing to Brizzle and staying 3rd in the table the same place as we are now.

Take a breath.........

No surprises the opposition played the ref and we came away with the skipper suspended for the next 2 games.

No surprises that the gate was just short of 4,000 a crowd that most league 2 sides would call a "good gate" ...................... Support like that surely deserves better from the manager & players.

No surprises that the crowd was a mixture of all ages, ladies, gents, boys & girls, young & old. Many of whom have spent "hard earned" on their tickets, programmes, shirts, hats, scarves, refreshments and mascot packages.

No surprises that the manager came on Humberside and blames the conditions & pitch, gave credit to the opposition and never really acknowledged that we lacked ambition and the ability (or direction) to beat a team of part timers.

All being well this is a "bad day at the office" and hopefully not the sign of a group that had given up on the title weeks ago and are allowing any momentum in to the play offs ebb away.

So things are one again becoming predictable................. A cycle we need to break if and when we get into the play off's as another season in this league will test the loyalty of many and may finish it for some.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 103
headingly_mariner
February 13, 2016, 9:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,381
Gold Stars: 119
Not good today. I have to say the conditions were rank and although the same for both teams, I think it certainly killed it as a spectacle.
For me we didn't press high enough up the pitch 2nd half and really didn't create anything.
Unusual to leave BP disappointed in the league this season though. I think as others have said the title looks a little out of reach with the form of the two other teams, but I will be quietly confident if we are in the play offs as we are seriously tough to beat and usually a threat.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 103
jonnyboy82
February 13, 2016, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
No surprises we have brilliant loyal fans like you that travel that far to see that excrement mate.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 103
dapperz fun pub
February 13, 2016, 9:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,964
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from jonnyboy82
No surprises we have brilliant loyal fans like you that travel that far to see that excrement mate.

Our brilliant loyal fans are spoilt remember surely driving 3 hours isn't such a big deal .... Now the truth hurst should give herts his petrol £  after that gruel what was served up today
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 103
HertsGTFC
February 13, 2016, 9:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82

The worrying thing is that even if we are still in this league next year we will continue to make the trip each week or so.....................    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 103
Biccys
February 13, 2016, 9:49pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Just got in after 3 hours in the car and I still can't believe how bad we where. Conditions where poor but they often are at BP so no surprises there. Also no surprises that we could not break down a team playing 4 - 1 - 4 -1 (well done Borehamwood for doing their home work) no surprises that we did not change the shape.

No surprises that it was not going well before half time and still no changes till 60 odd minutes. No surprises that we drop Bogle who caused them lets of problems earlier in the year at their place, no surprises that both central mid field players never took control of the game but stayed on.

No surprises that JP played so far away from his strike partner that their link play was non existent unlike when Podge & Omar play together. No surprises that the manager broke up a strike partnership that has yielded 36 goals in the league this year, no offence to JP though as I think he's a good guy.

No surprises that on this day last year we had a disappointing result losing to Brizzle and staying 3rd in the table the same place as we are now.

Take a breath.........

No surprises the opposition played the ref and we came away with the skipper suspended for the next 2 games.

No surprises that the gate was just short of 4,000 a crowd that most league 2 sides would call a "good gate" ...................... Support like that surely deserves better from the manager & players.

No surprises that the crowd was a mixture of all ages, ladies, gents, boys & girls, young & old. Many of whom have spent "hard earned" on their tickets, programmes, shirts, hats, scarves, refreshments and mascot packages.

No surprises that the manager came on Humberside and blames the conditions & pitch, gave credit to the opposition and never really acknowledged that we lacked ambition and the ability (or direction) to beat a team of part timers.

All being well this is a "bad day at the office" and hopefully not the sign of a group that had given up on the title weeks ago and are allowing any momentum in to the play offs ebb away.

So things are one again becoming predictable................. A cycle we need to break if and when we get into the play off's as another season in this league will test the loyalty of many and may finish it for some.  

Great post that mate.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 103
HertsGTFC
February 13, 2016, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Our brilliant loyal fans are spoilt remember surely driving 3 hours isn't such a big deal .... Now the truth hurst should give herts his petrol £  after that gruel what was served up today

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 103
Mariner93er
February 13, 2016, 10:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,737
Gold Stars: 28
With regards to the who should play between clay and Nolan argument, I cant help but feel everyone has taken for granted disleys selection in all of this. Now I like disley, but today showed a big issue of his, in the tempo of his game. It is simply too slow and as I mentioned earlier, is easy to play against. Could it not be argued that clay being the more defensive and Nolan more attacking combo could be effective?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.