11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
February 13, 2016, 10:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
We may well see over the next 180 minutes!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 103
IlkleyMariner
February 13, 2016, 10:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
With Disney out for next 2 games we might find out about whether our midfield is good enough without him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 103
HackneyHaddock
February 13, 2016, 10:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Mariner93er
With regards to the who should play between clay and Nolan argument, I cant help but feel everyone has taken for granted disleys selection in all of this. Now I like disley, but today showed a big issue of his, in the tempo of his game. It is simply too slow and as I mentioned earlier, is easy to play against. Could it not be argued that clay being the more defensive and Nolan more attacking combo could be effective?

With Disley taking a self-inflicted two game break, we might be about to find out...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 103
Fat Cobra
February 13, 2016, 10:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Quoted from wembley_double98

Fatty, attention seeking again...
Get from your computer and go outside, you never know,
you might just make a friend, trouble is you will maybe react to vitamin D overload.
Bless, mummy will make it better xxx

And you're still the second biggest sharp object on this board
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 103
HertsGTFC
February 13, 2016, 10:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
With Disney out for next 2 games we might find out about whether our midfield is good enough without him.

Or better???

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 103
samg
February 13, 2016, 10:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
It was like putting lipstick on a pig today - umm I think you know what I mean - enough said!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 103
Mrs Doyle
February 13, 2016, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The long awaited slump in form at the top as happened.........................................Pity it's us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 103
Maringer
February 13, 2016, 10:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Disley may have had a poor game today, but I'm surprised that some think that Clay plays the ball any more quickly? We've long been anything but dynamic moving the ball through midfield and I'd say Clay is probably worse in this respect than Disley. On a similar note, Bogle needs to let the ball do the work more often as he too often holds onto the ball in a position where there is simple pass on and he simply can't achieve anything by keeping it. By all means take players on in the opposition box, but you're unlucky to get much joy attempting to dribble when surrounded in midfield.

Anyway, hopefully a Clay/Nolan axis will do well (or a Henderson/Nolan one) when Disley is out (though I thought he was unlucky to be booked today).

Let's face it, every team has a bad day now and again when generally capable players can't do much right and you struggle to think of anybody who has had a good game. Unfortunately, when we have a bad day, we simply don't get the result we're looking for. Championship-winning teams get the right result regardless of how well they have or haven't played and we're not capable of it. Guiseley and Boreham Wood have both taken relatively easy points off us mostly because of our poor performances. Cheltenham and FGR would have won at least one of those games in a similar position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 103
TownSNAFU5
February 13, 2016, 11:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
No plan A today, never mind having a plan B.

No guile,creativity, variety or pace needed to break them down. (Most good work came from Nolan).

We do not have enough players who are different enough to make a (winning) difference.

Todat we had the same performance and result that we had against Guiseley at home. In neither game did we did deserve the 3 points against lowly opposition. This weeek it was said that Hurst learns from his mistakes.  Well he has not learnt from the Guiseley game as to how to win.

Borehamwood looked comfortable in the second half against the wind. This says it all really.

They had the sensible approach in the game to fire in a few long range shots.  The one in the first 5 mins nearly caught Macca out.  This was a good tactic that we seldom used.

We miss Townsend a lot (but BarrattStander said on the way home that I cannot mention this as he was not our player).

Pittman played most balls first time, which usually resulted in us losing possession.  A poor display.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 103
HertsGTFC
February 13, 2016, 11:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Maringer
Disley may have had a poor game today, but I'm surprised that some think that Clay plays the ball any more quickly? We've long been anything but dynamic moving the ball through midfield and I'd say Clay is probably worse in this respect than Disley. On a similar note, Bogle needs to let the ball do the work more often as he too often holds onto the ball in a position where there is simple pass on and he simply can't achieve anything by keeping it. By all means take players on in the opposition box, but you're unlucky to get much joy attempting to dribble when surrounded in midfield.

Anyway, hopefully a Clay/Nolan axis will do well (or a Henderson/Nolan one) when Disley is out (though I thought he was unlucky to be booked today).

Let's face it, every team has a bad day now and again when generally capable players can't do much right and you struggle to think of anybody who has had a good game. Unfortunately, when we have a bad day, we simply don't get the result we're looking for. Championship-winning teams get the right result regardless of how well they have or haven't played and we're not capable of it. Guiseley and Boreham Wood have both taken relatively easy points off us mostly because of our poor performances. Cheltenham and FGR would have won at least one of those games in a similar position.

Not sure I agree about Dis and Clay. The problem we have and it was glaringly obvious today is can you tell me who the holding centre mid id and who the attacking one is? They can't decide.......... And then who sits and who presses, they take too long to decide and thus gives the opponents time on the ball. I love Dis but recently I have noticed the "Dis 180" has come back where he takes the ball does a turn and sends us backwards similar to when he played with Scott Kerr.

What I do know is that the link between Richard & Nathan was not as effective today as it did not have Clay working hard to be the pivot for them in midfield.

Haven't  Borehamwood held both VGR and Cheltenham to draws in the last few weeks?      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.