11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantley
February 14, 2016, 12:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,514
Gold Stars: 9
Wasn't there today so can't comment on the game but a dreadful result nonetheless.

However, the fickleness doesn't rest well with me. Clay was the too slow, not smart enough CM that meant we had no creativeness in the middle and now he is the industrious game-changing midfielder we've been missing? And Monkhouse two weeks ago was the calm, intelligent ball-player that kept the team ticking and now he is a slow, weak waste of a shirt. Weird how bad performances change people's views so drastically.

In my opinion, the title ispretty much gone. But the POs are not the end of the world; Hurst has been known to consistently get the better of Eastleigh and Woking. Forest Green and Dover don't worry me much. Braintree are solid but lacking seriously upfront. Only team I'd be worried of is Tranmere, mainly because of their resurgence in form.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 103
TAGG
February 14, 2016, 12:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,949
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Tinymariner
Nolan was the only player to impress today IMO. Why Hurst persists with Monkey we will never know on a day like today. Boreham were a big, slow side and we should have started with our quickest players. Onwards to Halifax, no point in dwelling on 2 points dropped. Heads up and carry on UTM.

You have got to be kidding.
He was excrement

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 103
arryarryarry
February 14, 2016, 6:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jonnyboy82
No surprises we have brilliant loyal fans like you that travel that far to see that excrement mate.

Actually it is the club, John Fenty, Paul Hurst and the team that has been spoilt by the loyalty of the fans.

Where is "Getyourfactsright" by the way?

Private Message
Reply: 72 - 103
Mallyner
February 14, 2016, 7:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Sadly the strong wind reduced us to their level and the quick inter passing wasn't there and once more the lack of many players who are capable of running at a defence and beating them with skill and pace, such as Townsend showed.

Tait did well to nullify the threat of the guy on their left wing, who was fast and direct and in a better team he would be dangerous and to me he is one of the main guys we are missing.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 103
February 14, 2016, 7:55am
Guest User
I'm a big fan of Monkhouse and I think the slating of him is undeserved. Monkhouse tried plenty of things on the wing but he's forgotten that Townsend has gone and kept playing it to where Horwood should have been. That being said I would have subbed him rather than Arnold.

Not sure Straker had long enough on the pitch to warrant crucifying him yet. Doubt many will give him much loner though. Corner aside, I wasn't overly impressed either -  but using a cameo in a game like yesterday's isn't fair.

Reply: 74 - 103
Mariners_15
February 14, 2016, 8:21am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Only positive from yesterday was Disleys 10th booking of the season. I may get slated but I think he's been poor for a few months now. Some time out the side and a chance to see Clay with Nolan could be what we need. Centre Mid still a massive problem for me. What we needed today was quick tempo crisp passing, not pass it about at the back then hoof it up. Played straight into there hands. What annoys me the most is experienced guys like Hurst, Doig and Warrington sitting there not doing anything to change the system.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 103
jonnyboy82
February 14, 2016, 8:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Yes opens up the door for clay or henderson who i feel should be next in line for his chance to see if he can take it.

Wonder what happens if whoever takes the chance , does disley slot straight back in ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 103
oldun
February 14, 2016, 9:38am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Well, even the pitch played badly today. What have they done too it? Players slipping about all over the place, Anyway as for the game, I won't use the word football because it was nearly non existent. We might not like the tactics but Boreham deserved their point that their defensive display warranted, including 2 or 3 excellent saves by the keeper. We started poorly and hardly improved at any time in the game. Nothing changed. We moved the ball too slowly, launched balls into the box which were easy meat for their defenders. Hardly ever ran at them. I am not blaming individual players as no-one covered themselves in glory. Surely Horwood is a stop gap cannot see how he improves the team. Shocking going forward. Did have one good shot and seemed to injury himself and should have been subbed at that time. I too failed to see how taking Arnold off and putting on a left sided wing back would lead to a winning goal. As for Nolan MOM that says how poor we were generally. Yes he does drive forward and looks to get us on the front foot, but defensively is not strong enough. So we are clearly in something of a slump and we have to lift ourselves to secure a playoff place which is not guaranteed yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 103
DocTower
February 14, 2016, 10:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from Mariners_15
Only positive from yesterday was Disleys 10th booking of the season. I may get slated but I think he's been poor for a few months now. Some time out the side and a chance to see Clay with Nolan could be what we need. Centre Mid still a massive problem for me. What we needed today was quick tempo crisp passing, not pass it about at the back then hoof it up. Played straight into there hands. What annoys me the most is experienced guys like Hurst, Doig and Warrington sitting there not doing anything to change the system.

I won't slate you as I've been slated for saying the same thing . Some players appear to be untouchable and never get dropped, even in times gone by with other managers so it isn't unusual . Certainly needs a serious look at in midfield as you say Clay and Nolan now have the job . Just a shame we still haven't sorted it out with just 3 months of the season left .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 103
Garth
February 14, 2016, 10:47am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from oldun
Well, even the pitch played badly today. What have they done too it? Players slipping about all over the place, Anyway as for the game, I won't use the word football because it was nearly non existent. We might not like the tactics but Boreham deserved their point that their defensive display warranted, including 2 or 3 excellent saves by the keeper. We started poorly and hardly improved at any time in the game. Nothing changed. We moved the ball too slowly, launched balls into the box which were easy meat for their defenders. Hardly ever ran at them. I am not blaming individual players as no-one covered themselves in glory. Surely Horwood is a stop gap cannot see how he improves the team. Shocking going forward. Did have one good shot and seemed to injury himself and should have been subbed at that time. I too failed to see how taking Arnold off and putting on a left sided wing back would lead to a winning goal. As for Nolan MOM that says how poor we were generally. Yes he does drive forward and looks to get us on the front foot, but defensively is not strong enough. So we are clearly in something of a slump and we have to lift ourselves to secure a playoff place which is not guaranteed yet.

Good Post, I fully agree

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.