Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 193 Guests

Match thread

This thread currently has 19,608 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Codswede
August 9, 2014, 3:11pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Agree with those taking the point as a good result... We didn't fall short last few seasons because of draws away at title rivals. We fell short because of defeats at home to nuneatons, Hayes and yeadings and Salisbury types. The next two matches will tell us much more about our title credentials than this one has.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 161
jonnyboy82
August 9, 2014, 3:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Hagrid
For me i thought mom was doig, superb commanding display of the back 4, won his headers, blocks and tackles

his best match I have seen him play.

I would give it to boyce though he was immense.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 161
mariner91
August 9, 2014, 3:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
Aswad, Brown and Magnay looked good. Considering four of our main forward options were out we did alright, could have nicked it but looked functional rather than full of flair. Away from home with injuries against the second biggest club in the league and we get a creditable draw, decent start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 161
TonySmith
August 9, 2014, 3:14pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 11
Agree with much that others have said. I got up early here in Atlanta, Georgia to watch, and enjoyed the game even though clearly both teams were trying harder not to lose than they were to win.Nobody was taking many risks. Totally understandable, especially for Town away from home with so many first teamers unavailable and a very inexperienced bench. I thought Paul Hurst managed the game very well under those circumstances. Of the new players,I really liked the looks of Brown,and Magnay and Boyce looked very promising too. Can't really judge how effective Connell will be as he has not even had the opportunity to train with his new team mates yet. A point is a good result today. Onwards and upwards!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 161
mariner91
August 9, 2014, 3:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from moosey_club
Poor game involving two poor attacking sides...at least we can claim we had four attacking options unavailable.  Bristol are favourites as they are a well supported former league side, nothing to do with their quality. They looked poor to me, easily beatable and i would be suprised if they make play offs if that was their first team.

To be champions we need to go and beat teams like that, yes under strength but no indication of a positive move by Hurst as the game just drifted away.

What was he realistically expected to do with so many forward players out? There were no forwards on the bench. Clay isn't a game changer and that left us with Winfarrah who is still a teenager who could come on as a forward option. With a full strength team we'd have had Hannah, Paddy, Arnold/Neilson/Pittman to choose from to make a difference which might have got us a win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 161
Sconeboy
August 9, 2014, 3:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
Don't really see how people can moan given how depleted out squad really was today?

Connell was clearly unfit, as for John-Lewis is anybody really surprised? It's no secret that the bloke can't finish. He's a difficult one because he works his balls off for the team, but the chances keep falling to him and he keeps wasting them.

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 161
wodewick
August 9, 2014, 3:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +24
Have not seen any of the pre season games and after watching that game I am very optimistic for this season and impressed with what PH is building.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 161
fiveallive
August 9, 2014, 3:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Scott Brown is going to be vital this season he has a bit of everything strong tackler, good at corners, good passer he's a player we have missed the last few years we just need to keep him from getting to many bookings and getting suspended.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 161
denni266
August 9, 2014, 3:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Pleased over all. no one played bad, in fact over all everyone did well. Like many saw LJL missed the chance to  give us the points. He does a lot of good work and gives 1oo% , but how can you keep missing what was basically an open goal from 5 yards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 161
Mariners_15
August 9, 2014, 3:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from denni266
Pleased over all. no one played bad, in fact over all everyone did well. Like many saw LJL missed the chance to  give us the points. He does a lot of good work and gives 1oo% , but how can you keep missing what was basically an open goal from 5 yards

Agreed, trying to be positive but it keeps bugging me. That is unacceptable, his composure is shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 161
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.