TAGG
August 9, 2014, 7:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Youngy

Wow, nice to see a player judged and written off after one competitive game. I actually thought that whilst attacking wise he was limited today, he protected Magnay very well. I think we'll see more of him at home on a wide pitch were he can run at defenders with space.

And yes, all injured players will not be ready for Tuesday night

Seen him once in pre-season and today and he dog sh1t. Hes a bad signing.
We need to improve from last season so tell me what he gives us that we didnt have last season???????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 161
Caesar
August 9, 2014, 7:15pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from TAGG

Seen him once in pre-season and today and he dog sh1t. Hes a bad signing.
We need to improve from last season so tell me what he gives us that we didnt have last season???????

Rubbish!  He was being expected to do too much with over hit passes in the first half, but grew into the game, stopped them threatening down the left and when we tried to hit them on the break he showed excellent pace.  While I think of the new signings Brown will be the star, doubly so after an excellent game today, I am sure he will be a v. good signing over the course of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 161
denni266
August 9, 2014, 7:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from 1739
Did anyone catch Hursts after match interview? Just curious to know if Arnold, Pitman and Hannah will be available for Tuesday.

Hurst sais on hullberside that  no chance any of the  injured players will be back before next sat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 161
TAGG
August 9, 2014, 7:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Caesar

Rubbish!  He was being expected to do too much with over hit passes in the first half, but grew into the game, stopped them threatening down the left and when we tried to hit them on the break he showed excellent pace.  While I think of the new signings Brown will be the star, doubly so after an excellent game today, I am sure he will be a v. good signing over the course of the season.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 161
TAGG
August 9, 2014, 7:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Caesar

spot on  

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 161
August 9, 2014, 8:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from TAGG
Yes good point away from home BUT looks like its going to be another season of boring Hurst football.
Disley needs to be booted to the bench and replaced in CM by McLaughlin  
Mackreth is dog sh1t. To lightweight, runs in straight lines and is predictable. Think hes a bad signing.
LJL really holds back this team and will cost PH his job in the end. For all LJL lovers hes sh1t
The rest of lads put in a good shift and did real well.

In my view, utter garbage. He was man of the match by some distance. Brown helped a lot by giving him
the freedom to roam. Don't understand some negativity on here about Magnay, thought he did well as did
the whole defence...apart from Macca, perhaps, who looked unusually unsure on a couple of occasions.

Thought Town played with the greater composure, which augurs well for the rest of the season.
Reply: 155 - 161
Lincoln Mariner 56
August 9, 2014, 8:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from 137

In my view, utter garbage. He was man of the match by some distance. Brown helped a lot by giving him
the freedom to roam. Don't understand some negativity on here about Magnay, thought he did well as did
the whole defence...apart from Macca, perhaps, who looked unusually unsure on a couple of occasions.

Thought Town played with the greater composure, which augurs well for the rest of the season.

Dis MOM you have to be joking, hardly ever in the game, our fans obsession with supporting the selections of Dis and LJL are amazing IMO as I feel they are perfect squad playes but for town to progress both need to be replaced as first choice selections.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 161
Fcukthescunts
August 9, 2014, 8:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
I would say Brown or Magnay mom. I didn't think anyone played crap each player deserved his wage this week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 161
ackomariner
August 9, 2014, 9:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
I would say Brown or Magnay mom. I didn't think anyone played crap each player deserved his wage this week.

Brown for me with magnay a very close second.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 161
TAGG
August 9, 2014, 10:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 137

I have nothing against Diz but I think he has started from where he left off last season 'junk'. Hes past his sell by date and the quicker PH sees this the better.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 161
17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.