ginnywings
November 21, 2015, 1:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
For me, I like the Morrisons scheme as you could build and sell houses there, as good a road links as yo get in Grimsby and room for car parks etc. I think. The down side is cost of the land. The GET said there would be complaints from Laceby, but I don't really think that should be a problem.
But at the end of the day I would just like to see a Stadium built somewhere

Too far out on a limb for my liking. Ok if you are a car owner but not everyone is.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 55
grimsby pete
November 21, 2015, 5:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings

Too far out on a limb for my liking. Ok if you are a car owner but not everyone is.

Buses will run from all parts of town I would imagine,

I loved doing football specials in the 70's,

I got to see the game for free  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 55
NorthseaMariner
November 21, 2015, 5:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from ginnywings

I know what you mean, but most of the central location don't have the road infrastructure for large crowds. I'm sure the transport problem isn't insurmountable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 55
barralad
November 21, 2015, 6:03pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from NorthseaMariner

I know what you mean, but most of the central location don't have the road infrastructure for large crowds. I'm sure the transport problem isn't insurmountable.

Agree 100%.. People talk about the proximity to the A180 which is true but it does nothing for people coming from Scartho Nunsthorpe the villages or Cleethorpes for that matter. The cost of upgrading the road network would be phenomenal.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 55
easypeersy
November 21, 2015, 6:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Just get on with it! Get it built before I die! (and I am only 46)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 55
ginnywings
November 21, 2015, 6:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from easypeersy
Just get on with it! Get it built before I die! (and I am only 46)

You've got ten years on me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 55
HertsGTFC
November 21, 2015, 10:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
Sound like some good stuff going on but I still feel that it is some way off.

I have not been to interested as I am not sure where the money is coming from but can't help thinking that if we stopped talking about a "complex" and just about 4 decent stands, a pitch, extra toilets and bars and hospitality boxes things may move quicker.

We have the ambition throughout the administration all we actually need is a joint venture partner with a few quid and a bit of clout.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 55
Garth
November 22, 2015, 9:55am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from ginnywings

You've got ten years on me.

And thirty on me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 55
MarinerWY
November 22, 2015, 5:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Freeman Street would be fantastic. Iconic, in the heart of the Town, and providing much needed regeneration to that area - why not kill two birds with one stone.

Do we have to build new stadiums with car drivers as the number 1 priority all the time?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 55
Paris Mariner
November 22, 2015, 5:07pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I think Freeman Street/The Docks is the best option. The latter because we could call the stadium "Docklands" or "The Fish Dock 5 Football Ground" which greatly amuse me in my Sunday boredom today.

Why I like these to ideas are because they will;

a) hopefully help regenerate the area. Builders working on the ground, the eventual match goers and then the alleged day to day use will surely give the pubs, cafes, shops etc around there reason to keep on going and bring other businesses in the area.

b) there are the only sites that are in decent proximity to a train station on foot. Northern Rail could add in a stop at the Docks station on match days so people can get off closer to the ground, for example. Having access via train is important because i) people like going to the match on the train. It makes for a great day out. Not having the option puts some away fans off and we should be building a ground that encourages away fans as much as home fans. ii) it is good for the environment. We should all be encouraging use of public transport in getting to football.

c) it is close to the A180. Ok, access isn't great and when all the traffic coming off the A180 gets there it has nowhere to go which will cause a traffic jam. This will only occur on match days and I challenge anyone to point out a sporting arena which isn't troubled by traffic jams on a match day. It's par for the course.

d) I think stadiums that have been rebuilt centrally to the towns and cities they are based in have been ultimately more successful. People can still walk there, use the pubs and shops around the place they usually do. This is very important for people's match going experience. I also believe a 'community facility' needs to be central too. A community facility is useless on the periphery in Great Coates or Laceby.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust View on new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.