6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
November 23, 2015, 5:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Whichever is chosen and finally built,( I still have doubts that I will ever see it )

Can only be better traffic wise than Blundell Park.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 55
pizzzza
November 23, 2015, 6:06pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Trawler

Why is The Trust pushing The Club's preferred option onto its members? This reads to me like The Trust are representing The Club's views to its membership, when it should be the other way around.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 55
AdamHaddock
November 23, 2015, 6:34pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
The trust have representatives on the GTFC board so presumably they are presenting a consensus to their membership

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 55
Biccys
November 23, 2015, 6:36pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
It should also be "perspective" not "prospective".
Yours,
P. Dant

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 55
pizzzza
November 23, 2015, 6:54pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from AdamHaddock
The trust have representatives on the GTFC board so presumably they are presenting a consensus to their membership

But it should be the other way around, the Trust board representing the views of its membership.  Asking for votes on the Telegraph site is a tactic previously employed by Fenty, in fact this statement could have come straight from his pen!
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 55
Cod Cheeks
November 24, 2015, 12:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
What an excellent opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Desperately needed Regeneration and a new stadium all in one if we go for Freemo or Docks

Government funded to boot!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 55
Chrisblor
November 24, 2015, 1:29pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,870
Gold Stars: 237
Give me a break, like austerity fetishist Gideon Osborne is going to open up the Government coffers for a fancy new football stadium in a deprived northern town.

You can only get a taxpayer funded stadium if you're his mate (see West Ham / Karren Brady / Olympic Stadium). Fenty's a Conservative - maybe he can pull a few tory party strings?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 55
Grimsby2012
November 24, 2015, 1:43pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Chrisblor
Give me a break, like austerity fetishist Gideon Osborne is going to open up the Government coffers for a fancy new football stadium in a deprived northern town.

You can only get a taxpayer funded stadium if you're his mate (see West Ham / Karren Brady / Olympic Stadium). Fenty's a Conservative - maybe he can pull a few tory party strings?

I don't think that's the point. That kinda view  ("how to deprive Northern towns") you have, would have been perfect for the Gordon Brown recession era.

A football stadium wouldn't just bring us a new stadium. It would also provide basses for retail brands to open up, which in turn will create more jobs ( Less people on benefits ), more people purchasing products, which = more Tax and Vat for the government and of course, more investment that comes from the retailers. This in turn would mean less funding needed from the government, and from the club.

So yes, it would be a great move.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 55
MuddyWaters
November 24, 2015, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
What an excellent opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Desperately needed Regeneration and a new stadium all in one if we go for Freemo or Docks

Government funded to boot!

If you/we/Fenty are prepared to wait for all the red tape, compulsory purchase orders, demolitions etc. Haven't we waited long enough?
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 55
MarinerWY
November 24, 2015, 1:50pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from pizzzza

Why is The Trust pushing The Club's preferred option onto its members? This reads to me like The Trust are representing The Club's views to its membership, when it should be the other way around.

I agree with this. Has the trust consulted it's members on which potential site they prefer and then represented that to the club? In fact, it would be a great idea for the trust to run some kind of consultation of it's members. Certainly before announcing their preference on where the Trust wants that new stadium to be...

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust View on new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.