Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Magnay
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 130 Guests

Magnay

This thread currently has 65,690 views. Print
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
May 26, 2015, 8:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,957
Gold Stars: 79
If that's true, then can completely understand if any of them would want to move on. Having got us to Wembley and having gone that one step further from previous seasons, we should be building on what we have.

We need to start will a complete team next season and not be scrabbling around in January for those extra players.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 357
Daz460
May 26, 2015, 8:47am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
A good player and will be great if he signs, but we've managed before.
Let's just wait and see before throwing our scarfs at a burning effigy of Fenty.

Referee, have a word with yourself!! 😦
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 357
Daz460
May 26, 2015, 8:49am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
Quoted from davmariner
If that's true, then can completely understand if any of them would want to move on. Having got us to Wembley and having gone that one step further from previous seasons, we should be building on what we have.

We need to start will a complete team next season and not be scrabbling around in January for those extra players.

One person claims it and it's suddenly a fact? Calm down

Referee, have a word with yourself!! 😦
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 357
LongEatonMariner
May 26, 2015, 8:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HotToddy
Despite Town making around 250k from Wembley Fenty has made all the players take a pay cut. How short sighted is that. We'll be lucky if 2 or 3 who have been offered new deals sign for Town. If Fenty thinks im renewing my season ticket.

No disrespect meant but you've not made many posts on here so I'll need to see some evidence of this elsewhere before I believe it, you could be Brodie in disguise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 357
DocTower
May 26, 2015, 8:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Still relatively early , most will still be on holiday and contracts not up till the end of the month.   In Hurst we trust .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 357
LondonMariner43
May 26, 2015, 8:54am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,976
Gold Stars: 64
There could be any number of reasons why a player doesn't accept a contract.  A player might accept a one year contact and his missus says, no way am I living in Grimsby.  He says, don't worry, its just a one year contract and I'll only stay if we get promoted cos i'll get a good pay increase.  One year later...  I can think of all sorts of variations on this which are related to a players' own situation and not connected to the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 357
jonnyboy82
May 26, 2015, 8:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
We didn't win promotion so we are not exactly going to be giving pay rises are we ?

We are conference club paying conference wages , if a player wants to move to a league club and higher pay then it's a no brained but the grass ain't always greener.

If they want to stay at a club were they are wanted and play regularly at a big club then they will stay and will have wanted to stay if not then so be it.

I can't see any of our players leaving for another conf club if any leave it will be league clubs and football league money.

Nothing we can do its down to the player but we have to be realistic we can't be giving pay rises when we never achieved the objective we set out to do.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 357
Garth
May 26, 2015, 8:59am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from DocTower
Still relatively early , most will still be on holiday and contracts not up till the end of the month.   In Hurst we trust .

Exactly, at least seventy percent will sign fairly early but the others will take their time, if they don't we will sail again under our skipper and some new hands
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 357
Rick12
May 26, 2015, 9:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from jonnyboy82
We didn't win promotion so we are not exactly going to be giving pay rises are we ?

We are conference club paying conference wages , if a player wants to move to a league club and higher pay then it's a no brained but the grass ain't always greener.

If they want to stay at a club were they are wanted and play regularly at a big club then they will stay and will have wanted to stay if not then so be it.

I can't see any of our players leaving for another conf club if any leave it will be league clubs and football league money.

Nothing we can do its down to the player but we have to be realistic we can't be giving pay rises when we never achieved the objective we set out to do.
I would say though we are paying near the top end of conference wages though. Appreciate the players will be under more pressure than other clubs in this league but that's what make it challenging and ultimately potentially more rewarding eg fighting for league status at the end of it all

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 357
Mighty_Mariner
May 26, 2015, 9:04am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
If the worst comes to he worst and Carl doesn't sign is like to see us go for ex Kiddy right back Lee Vaughan. Transfer listed at Cheltenham so would mean a fee but can't imagine it would be that much.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 357
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Magnay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.