Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Magnay
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 255 Guests

Magnay

This thread currently has 65,698 views. Print
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Cod Cheeks
May 26, 2015, 9:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Quoted from HotToddy
Despite Town making around 250k from Wembley Fenty has made all the players take a pay cut. How short sighted is that. We'll be lucky if 2 or 3 who have been offered new deals sign for Town. If Fenty thinks im renewing my season ticket.

I heard from someone within the club that this the case

Terrible if it's true
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 357
chaos33
May 26, 2015, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,970
Gold Stars: 360
I should think Big Chris could tell us if that's true or not.

Unfortunately, now Steve Croudson and Paddy have gone, I've got no inside track any more.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 357
BIGChris
May 26, 2015, 9:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Cod Cheeks

I heard from someone within the club that this the case

Terrible if it's true

These blatant lies do not do anybody any credit least of all those that pedal them.

Name names. You won't of course but I would love for you to surprise me
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 357
Cod Cheeks
May 26, 2015, 9:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Quoted from BIGChris

These blatant lies do not do anybody any credit least of all those that pedal them.

Name names. You won't of course but I would love for you to surprise me

Oh Chris
of course we can't and neither can you yours
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 357
HackneyHaddock
May 26, 2015, 9:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Can we stop with the damaging speculation on things like pay levels please?  

No evidence has been presented, only hearsay and a lie is half-way round the world before the truth has its boots on.

Unless of course, people are angling for Getyourfactsright to come on here and start rebutting the claims himself?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 357
BIGChris
May 26, 2015, 9:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Cod Cheeks

Oh Chris
of course we can't and neither can you yours

I haven't claimed I am getting insider information from within the club. You have
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 357
MuddyWaters
May 26, 2015, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Can we stop with the damaging speculation on things like pay levels please?  

No evidence has been presented, only hearsay and a lie is half-way round the world before the truth has its boots on.

Unless of course, people are angling for Getyourfactsright to come on here and start rebutting the claims himself?

PH indicated post Wembley that he would have to work within a budget. As I posted earlier, now would not be the time to dismantle a squad that came so close so I do think we should have some indication as to whether the budget is going to allow PH to improve the squad in the necessary areas without losing other key players. If cost reduction is the aim then JF can forget promotion and a new stadium - it just won't happen - let's not forget that the Mullens part funded the existing squad and that we have started slowly the last two years because of major squad reconstruction.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 357
GrimRob
May 26, 2015, 9:45pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Am I the only one that thinks magnays already signed to stay with us ?? And that its going to be announced tomorrow.

Exactly, the period we are going through at the moment is the football equivalent of foreplay. If we build it they will come.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 357
jamesgtfc
May 26, 2015, 9:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,027
Gold Stars: 190
Personally think that if we want to finally get out of this league then we have to keep this squad together. The team spirit is great and if we can put together a cup run too I'm sure it will be money well spent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 357
BIGChris
May 26, 2015, 9:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from MuddyWaters

PH indicated post Wembley that he would have to work within a budget. Surely every manager has to do that? As I posted earlier, now would not be the time to dismantle a squad that came so close so I do think we should have some indication as to whether the budget is going to allow PH to improve the squad in the necessary areas without losing other key players. One of the directors confirmed that the budget would definetly not be cut If cost reduction is the aim then JF can forget promotion and a new stadium - it just won't happen - let's not forget that the Mullens part funded the existing squad and that we have started slowly the last two years because of major squad reconstruction.

I have no idea whether we are operating on a similar budget to last season, but I assume we are.
There has certainly been no indication of a reduced budget so I would expect there to be enough to at least match current deals and the savings made on the released players will be freed up to bring in replacements.
Many have suggested that Hannah would have been towards the top of the earners list.
I think the Mullens money was largely used to bring in/ retain the loanees.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 357
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Magnay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.